2018-2019 General Lightning Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Good, less Palat and more Joseph and Erne. Just because you're paid like a top 6 forward doesn't mean you get those minutes for free.

seriously this is something where i question coopers brain stralman and palat to me our flat out our best pk players but palat aint doing that? its his biggest worth?

erne think needs to do more but im ok with him cause still a kid and tries to play big and has some skills honestly

callahan injured a bit but think its time if can add a guy and move him to move on and upgrade.... coburn im 100% over with seeing cernak and seeing him as a 1 or 2 d man moving forward I love the kid...

stralman was injured and still see him as a 2-3 guy love him honestly love him on pk mostly but he also plays a smart game...
joseph deserves a move up period
cirelli I want more from ive seen glimpses

gourde having a shooting percentage way down so is miller so if get them going in second half that would be HUGE

stamkos has found the fountain of youth....

tyjo does he deserve more assists so to speak on that top line or is he at 34 and belongs there with kucherov at 78? that is a hard question

sergachev at one point less then cirelli ? being snake bitten primarily all year bothers me... everything is not goals and stats and cirelli is a hell of a 200 foot player but I can see a lot more scoring opportunity if joseph is with him then if someone else erne etc..

this bothers me..... koekkoek bothers the hell out of me among others nesterov probably hose fav player and sustr lol what a waste maybe

got a guy at ahl small but a ppg yes is getting a lot of power play time but no one saw this coming just like cernak .... im ready to give the guys who are hungriest a shot.... yes we leading league in scoring but look at the stats its kucherov primarily point stamkos and hedman then you get tyjo whom you would believe right mixture he would be doing better then 34 points to hedman 33 and stamkos 57....

bothered a bit we can improve hope we do hope seriously hope to see better rest of the year and in playoffs from joseph gourde cirelli and miller think all have more to give cernak too

Reactions: Sk8M8

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Flames have been creeping up on our goal differential, slowly. 15 back now, I think, which is still pretty crazy.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I have a feeling that Callahan will be on the team again next year. But not at the same caphit, I think we try to Orpik him at the draft. Colorado traded a 2nd for him and Grubauer then bought him out. It's hard to say what value Grubauer had in the deal as he goalie values are typically different. Some said he was worth a late 1st so taking on Orpik dropped him to a 2nd. Orpik and Callahan have similar caphits and money left so the buyouts are almost the same. I don't think Domingue has Grubauer value but some team might see his win total and think he could be a 1b option for them. I also don't even need an asset back for both as I'd do Domingue + Callahan for future considerations. What I'm getting at is I don't think it'll cost a lot to move Callahan and I can see a scenario where he resigns with us after we trade him and he's bought out.

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada
Great question, I honestly don't have a clue what he is going to get
So hard to predict.

Fleury signed a 3 year extension for 7 million a year and Rinne signed a 2 year extension for 5 million. Rinne was previously on a 7 year 7 million dollar contract. I'm sure Vasilevskiy won't get more than 7 million though.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Things are so jumbled in the east I’m starting to worry about dealing with the Pens Caps or Bruins in round 1

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Good, less Palat and more Joseph and Erne. Just because you're paid like a top 6 forward doesn't mean you get those minutes for free.

I thought his comments were just about defense...didn't hear him say anything about forwards. I raised the question here a while ago and nobody seemed concerned. It's only gotten worse since. Something gotta change. I'd probably scratch Coburn and Callahan on a nightly basis and that would solve all problems. We all know it's not gonna happen so I say go 11/7, send Erne and Joseph down and bring a defenseman and a forward up to eat popcorn in the pressbox.

Rotation on defense isn't a problem because everybody still gets enough ice time. That's not the case upfront.

Since Lalonde didn't mention the forwards I wouldn't be shocked if nothing happens at least amongst forwards. They might send Sergachev down though. Logging big minutes in all situations and regular scoring might help his confidence.

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
I thought his comments were just about defense...didn't hear him say anything about forwards. I raised the question here a while ago and nobody seemed concerned. It's only gotten worse since. Something gotta change. I'd probably scratch Coburn and Callahan on a nightly basis and that would solve all problems. We all know it's not gonna happen so I say go 11/7, send Erne and Joseph down and bring a defenseman and a forward up to eat popcorn in the pressbox.

Rotation on defense isn't a problem because everybody still gets enough ice time. That's not the case upfront.

Since Lalonde didn't mention the forwards I wouldn't be shocked if nothing happens at least amongst forwards. They might send Sergachev down though. Logging big minutes in all situations and regular scoring might help his confidence.
They are not sending serge down. Cernak would go down first. Would rather just scratch girardi and coburn though

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
They are not sending serge down. Cernak would go down first. Would rather just scratch girardi and coburn though

I don't think so. Cernak is playing more and better. You can tell Sergachev is lacking confidence and an AHL stint could fix that. Cernak has no business in the AHL. Nothing he could learn there.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I don't think so. Cernak is playing more and better. You can tell Sergachev is lacking confidence and an AHL stint could fix that. Cernak has no business in the AHL. Nothing he could learn there.

Both need lots of ice time....but in the NHL. One thing that isn't mentioned a lot is morning skates and practice, there are definite advantages to being around NHL players and coaches and sitting out the occasional game to watch and learn.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Both need lots of ice time....but in the NHL. One thing that isn't mentioned a lot is morning skates and practice, there are definite advantages to being around NHL players and coaches and sitting out the occasional game to watch and learn.

For defenders it's not much of a problem to sit one out every few games. For forwards it is. Joseph and Erne get less than 10mins per game and mostly 5vs5 only. Yet still they get scratched at least every 3rd game. They'd definitely benefit from the icetime they'd get with Syracuse.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
For defenders it's not much of a problem to sit one out every few games. For forwards it is. Joseph and Erne get less than 10mins per game and mostly 5vs5 only. Yet still they get scratched at least every 3rd game. They'd definitely benefit from the icetime they'd get with Syracuse.
Joseph especially should not sit out. He's an upgrade over at least three other forwards on our roster (Callahan, Erne, Martel). With TJ's injury he will stay in the lineup at least for now I guess.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
In theory the Lightning have completed the “hard” part of their schedule based on travel. They have played 24 road games, 17 have been in a different time zone. Only one more game in St. Louis will take Tampa Bay outside of the Eastern time zone for the rest of the regular season.

Reactions: JDBolt

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
In theory the Lightning have completed the “hard” part of their schedule based on travel. They have played 24 road games, 17 have been in a different time zone. Only one more game in St. Louis will take Tampa Bay outside of the Eastern time zone for the rest of the regular season.
16 games at home, 6 home stands remaining, one 4 game home stand and two 3 game home stands. 17 away. 6 road trips (7 @FLA 1 game), 3 of those are 3 games, and the final 4 games of the season. 5 b2bs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad