2018-2019 General Lightning Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
So does this mean I can wear my Hedman jersey again?
Don't be powerless to the jersey. Show the jersey what you are, a man of justice and law, and an damn good internet troll.

Do you stop and think, "is me bashing this fan base bad karma?" when you rinsing those GDTs with trolljuice? or do you just go out and give em the ol one two smackeroo with your lawyer brain? Time for HFlightning to stand up to the jabroni hockey gods, and ask them why Cooper doesn't get invited to team parties. Then tell them that they don't spook us anymore.

Last edited:

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Don't be powerless to the jersey. Show the jersey what you are, a man of justice and law, and an damn good internet troll.

Do you stop and think, "is me bashing this fan base bad karma?" when you rinsing those GDTs with trolljuice? or do you just go out and give em the ol one two smackeroo with your lawyer brain? Time for HFlightning to stand up to the jabroni hockey gods, and ask them why Cooper doesn't get invited to team parties. Then tell him that he doesn't spook us anymore.
giphy.gif

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Hey guys,

Out of sheer curiosity... would someone please project how your cap situation is going to play out this summer? Which players go in and out, as well as raises to your RFAs?

Thanks in advance!

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
What do you guys think about Gourde and Miller. They haven't been great lately and I think we can do better. What do you think about packaging those two for a Panarin or some D that could help?

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
What do you guys think about Gourde and Miller. They haven't been great lately and I think we can do better. What do you think about packaging those two for a Panarin or some D that could help?
It's concerning but trading one or both of them now would be an overreaction, no?

Miller has 1 goal and no assists and is a -3 in his last 9 games.
Gourde has 1 assist and no goals and is a -1 in his last 9 games.

Maybe it's time to shuffle the lines a bit. Coop double shifted our big three (91, 86, 21) last game and they looked good together despite not scoring a goal. Maybe throw in Joseph on the top-6 and see how it goes?

Last edited:

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

I blame Gourde struggles more on Cooper. He can't seem to find him a good spot in the lineup to play him. Gourde and Stamkos don't work, Stamkos has produced more this year but he's still not elevating his linemates. Palat doesn't look as good playing with him either. Gourde and Cirelli looked good for a minute but Cooper stopped playing them. Gourde and Point had great chemistry last year but Kucherov is in that spot, idI like to see them swap to see if Kucherov can still produce with Stamkos while Gourde gets going with Point. As for Miller the guys forced to play on the 4th line with non offensive talents, it's hard to look good there. As far as the trade guys I wouldn't do it, at least not for both, we need or depth not to kill it. Sure Panarin is twice the player but rolling out Miller on the 4th line in the playoffs will benefit us more than another top 6 threat when we already have a strong top 6.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It's concerning but trading one or both of them now would be an overreaction, no?

Miller has 1 goal and no assists and is a -3 in his last 9 games.
Gourde has 1 assist and no goals and is a -1 in his last 9 games.

Maybe it's time to shuffle the lines a bit. Coop double shifted our big three (91, 86, 21) last game and they looked good together despite not scoring a goal. Maybe throw in Joseph on the top-6 and see how it goes?

I posted this the other night, Looking at stats from some players in their last 15 games who tend to play in the bottom 6....

Joseph - 5 G, 3 A - 8 points
Callahan - 3 G, 4 A - 7 points
Killorn - 3 G, 4 A - 7 points
JT Miller - 2 G, 5 A - 7 points
Cirelli - 1 G, 6 A - 7 points
Erne - 3 G, 3 A - 6 points
Gourde - 1 G, 3 A - 4 points
Paquette - 1G, 1A - 2 points

They are coming back down to earth a little this was expected to happen. Don’t think any moves are needed like you said.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I wouldn't call bottom 6 guys scoring at 0.50 or just under coming back down to earth, that's where they should be.

Just looking at points on NHL.com who they have listed at C and Cirelli is 88th, so still at a 3C level but towards the bottom but he's also a rookie and probably gets a lot less time than most 3C in the league. Paquette is in the 140's so below average but he's not out there to score. Killorn is 35th amongst all LW, so pretty good. Erne is at 70 so just outside the top 6 and good for a 3rd liner and that's with probably 10 less games than most ahead of him. Joseph is 57th at RW so top 6. Callahan at 68th. Gourde and Miller they count as C with Gourde being 51 and Miller 61, if on the wing they'd be in the top 30 for either wing.

We've been scoring a bit less lately but we also have been rotating a lot more which takes guys out of a groove a bit. But compared to the league our bottom 6 is still producing well and the only player besides that bum Stamkos that's a minus is Miller, so they aren't getting dominated in our end either.

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
I think it's time to mix our lines up again. I think it'll do wonders for Miller's confidence to get back on the 1st power play unit for a significant amount of time. Also think Gourde is getting lost in the Stamkos dominance lately. He's making key plays and hustling as much as ever, he just isn't finding the back of the net lately. I am not really too concerned with him.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I think it's time to mix our lines up again. I think it'll do wonders for Miller's confidence to get back on the 1st power play unit for a significant amount of time. Also think Gourde is getting lost in the Stamkos dominance lately. He's making key plays and hustling as much as ever, he just isn't finding the back of the net lately. I am not really too concerned with him.

I was thinking it wouldnt be bad to put Miller back with Kucherov/Stamkos again. That line I think could be better now with Stamkos looking like hes his old self again.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
I think Gourde has been back to normal the last two games. If he continues like this he should start getting on the board again. Don't think we need to change our lines much, just put Joseph on the third line and Erne on the fourth. Callahan can be waived for all I care.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I think Cooper would only do that if Kucherov or Stamkos went on some long scoreless streak

I dont know we had them together for much of late last year and the playoffs. I originally wanted them separated but Stamkos looks way better right now than he did last time they were together. Maybe due to them being separated lol but it wouldnt hurt to see how it would look right now in the dog days of January.

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada
I dont know we had them together for much of late last year and the playoffs. I originally wanted them separated but Stamkos looks way better right now than he did last time they were together. Maybe due to them being separated lol but it wouldnt hurt to see how it would look right now in the dog days of January.
Yeah, I think he has figured out his game again by himself which is a great thing to see.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Pointer, Johnny, and Palat together? Cirelli, Joseph, and Gourde, and Killorn, Paquette, and Erne... Sorry Cally, you gotta go ride some pine...

Miller - Stamkos - Kucherov
Palat - Point - Gourde
Killorn - Cirelli - Joseph
Erne - Paquette - Callahan

Give Johnson a few games off the rest/heal and see if Miller can regain his form on the top line again. If he can't put it together move Johnson back there and then Miller back to the 4th line or in Joseph's spot.

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
Yeah, I think he has figured out his game again by himself which is a great thing to see.
That's true... as long as he remembers "his game" and does not resort to trying to play "Kuch's game" because they're on the same line. He needs to make sure he stays within himself. Too often Stammer gets burnt trying to make the same kind of passes only Kuch can seem to complete. If he can resist the urge to do that, they'll be great together again.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Miller - Stamkos - Kucherov
Palat - Point - Gourde
Killorn - Cirelli - Joseph
Erne - Paquette - Callahan

Give Johnson a few games off the rest/heal and see if Miller can regain his form on the top line again. If he can't put it together move Johnson back there and then Miller back to the 4th line or in Joseph's spot.

I think we need to try to get Miller going again. He looked frustrated last night.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
what you all think on making a grab of muzzin? solid guy plays nice physical game to me in my limited time watching him over the years... year was in la for the cup i really liked his game .. havent followed la as much since got back to tampa and never stopped following tampa just a hockey fan so if game came on in hotel after working i was watching any of the cali teams haha.... anyway like him 4 milly this year and next....
im all for moving on from coburn think hes hit his wall and should start deteriorating steadily now so not wanting to resign him for sure so we would have that set up and serge can play some right side

pretty solid hedman mcd muzzin
serge cernak stralman ---- thats a damned solid d moving forward imho .... hes 29 now and per my people in the know of la he has probably been playing his best hockey ever this year....hes on pace for over 200 hits this year which is largest of his career....

i personally think this team is sooooooo much better with cernak to bring another in like him man would that be nice....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad