2018-2019 General Lightning Discussion - Part 2

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
also karlsson is number one in the 5 on 5 hockey points for on the ice vs points against while on the ice.... ya agree that coburn is playing lower lines still all in.... yet he sure is NOT hurting us being number 15 d man in league in this 5 on 5 category where no one else on the team is there. So yep dont see us scoring as much as said serge or hedman on ice but when coby on ice the other teams cannot be getting a ton which is interesting...>> ONLY reason brought this all up was I was saying coby has been terrible this year and the time he makes me mad is the pass around back of net blindly out to other team... which imho he does too often and lazily yet I will admit he aint been hurting us as much as I would believe in any way shape or form so the pie in face is on me admitting im wrong on coburn..>> had plenty of people say he is playing well this season even people saying better then last year.... I am seeing that one pass and it pisses me off haha and gets us hemmed at times... so im evaluating incorrectly cause in time yep we MUST be getting those pucks out haha...

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Do you want to give that a shot or are you going to ***** that we only beat florida by 3 goals and that he needs to be fired in the middle of a season?
It is CUP or bust whether people like it or not. Let's be real about it. I don't understand what the fricking problem is...Yzerman built a SC team. Time to cash in.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Hilarious. I'm sure there a bunch of coaches that can win a lot of games with this roster and not win a cup. I bet it's a bigger set of names than you think. Again, who cares if you win a bunch of regular season games but never lift the SC.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Hilarious. I'm sure there a bunch of coaches that can win a lot of games with this roster and not win a cup.
And that's what we most likely would be getting in return if we swap Cooper for a mediocre coach.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Hilarious. I'm sure there a bunch of coaches that can win a lot of games with this roster and not win a cup. I bet it's a bigger set of names than you think. Again, who cares if you win a bunch of regular season games but never lift the SC.

Dont think you will find too many who disagree with your premise in that it could be time to let Coop go if we cant get it done this year but I also think it shouldnt be surprising if we decide to keep him if we dont. Coop has done everything at this level but win a cup. Its not easy to win a cup but its also not easy to do what Coop has done either. Hell even the almighty Pens and Caps had their well known struggles to even get to the ECF with some of their top heavy teams. Coop did it 3 times out of 4. We cant just easily toss him aside if we lose this year. Something has to be said about him being able to do it that many times. It cant be only talent when you make it there that many times.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Dont think you will find too many who disagree with your premise in that it could be time to let Coop go if we cant get it done this year but I also think it shouldnt be surprising if we decide to keep him if we dont. Coop has done everything at this level but win a cup. Its not easy to win a cup but its also not easy to do what Coop has done either. Hell even the almighty Pens and Caps had their well known struggles to even get to the ECF with some of their top heavy teams. Coop did it 3 times out of 4. We cant just easily toss him aside if we lose this year. Something has to be said about him being able to do it that many times. It cant be only talent when you make it there that many times.

Well, considering he missed the playoffs when talent got hurt...I rest my case. I don't think Cooper is special. Hopefully, he proves me wrong.

Is it worth sacrificing some lousy ECFs for a CHANCE to go to the Cup. Nothing is guaranteed. I get that but my fear is that Cooper has maxed out. I think after this year we make a move. This window isn't forever.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Well, considering he missed the playoffs when said talent got hurt...I rest my case. I don't think Cooper is special. Hopefully, he proves me wrong.

We missed by 1 point looking really good going into the end of the season. He deserves criticism for how the team played like shit early on but deserves credit for the team almost getting back in too. I just always hated when people put blame on the coach but dont put the same heat on the players when we lose or vice versa when team is good its the players that did it, coach had nothing to do with it. Its a team game and everyone including the coach is responsible for the success/troubles of the team.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
With coopers contract being up he is going to demand a lot of money! We probably could be looking at a trotz situation! If he wins the cup which I think he won’t he will get knocked out by Toronto in round two or a metro team in round 3. Would I cut cooper a check for 6 million a season for a 5-6 year term ! Nope! If I’m going to cut a big check it’s going to be for coach Q. Cooper has had plenty of chances here if he can’t get it done this year don’t pay him and move on. Coach Q has won cups with lesser talented goalies heck he won a cup with niemi! He won two cups with Crawford! He could easily come in here and win a cup or two with Vasy. The goal is not president trophy’s here folks or home ice advantage! Which did us no good in game 7 vs the caps last year! The goal is to win the Stanley cup. Coach Q has more experience then cooper and knows how to get his team to the finish line! Like it or not expections are high in Tampa closing out when yzerman left he said I still can’t believe we have not a Stanley cup yet. If cooper gets the cup great then sign him for the long haul! But if we are up 3-2 in a series again in the ecf and lose then it’s time to move on from coop.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Rex, I am a believer in passion. It can be demonstrated minutely or in the most misguided, ballistic display ever that is highly inappropriate and it won't make a big difference because to me it's the fact someone even cares. Regardless of what it is, I believe it better than apathy.

But seriously it's been over a week of tangents and I would like to think we've engaged in it because we too share frustration that we haven't won a Cup yet. But now....now you're taking it to other threads because the coaching thread got shut down. The endless droning of playoff series long since finished and 2 months from any playoffs at all. Dude..... ENOUGH. For the love of hockey. I'm not going to modify MY behavior by blocking you. I'm not the one doing anything. Please take the hint from our moderating team when they closed the coaching thread down that this is going nowhere and have the decency to NOT go from thread to thread doing this.

We are ALL frustrated but you're going on like a cat in heat.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Rex, I am a believer in passion. It can be demonstrated minutely or in the most misguided, ballistic display ever that is highly inappropriate and it won't make a big difference because to me it's the fact someone even cares. Regardless of what it is, I believe it better than apathy.

But seriously it's been over a week of tangents and I would like to think we've engaged in it because we too share frustration that we haven't won a Cup yet. But now....now you're taking it to other threads because the coaching thread got shut down. The endless droning of playoff series long since finished and 2 months from any playoffs at all. Dude..... ENOUGH. For the love of hockey. I'm not going to modify MY behavior by blocking you. I'm not the one doing anything. Please take the hint from our moderating team when they closed the coaching thread down that this is going nowhere and have the decency to NOT go from thread to thread doing this.

We are ALL frustrated but you're going on like a cat in heat.

Hardly. I had no idea the other thread even got shut down. I am ONLY responding to people's quotes by hitting the RED BELL at the top. So, do me a favor...you know the rest.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Hardly. I had no idea the other thread even got shut down. I am ONLY responding to people's quotes by hitting the RED BELL at the top. So, do me a favor...you know the rest.

I dont need to do anything. It doesn't matter if you're responding via notification or not paying attention that it's been closed for 2 hours while you somehow manage to answer within minutes of a post I didn't even tag you in.

You are literally complaining for the sake of complaining in the midst of what's probably going to be the best season in Lightning history and playoffs are 2 months away

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
also karlsson is number one in the 5 on 5 hockey points for on the ice vs points against while on the ice.... ya agree that coburn is playing lower lines still all in.... yet he sure is NOT hurting us being number 15 d man in league in this 5 on 5 category where no one else on the team is there. So yep dont see us scoring as much as said serge or hedman on ice but when coby on ice the other teams cannot be getting a ton which is interesting...>> ONLY reason brought this all up was I was saying coby has been terrible this year and the time he makes me mad is the pass around back of net blindly out to other team... which imho he does too often and lazily yet I will admit he aint been hurting us as much as I would believe in any way shape or form so the pie in face is on me admitting im wrong on coburn..>> had plenty of people say he is playing well this season even people saying better then last year.... I am seeing that one pass and it pisses me off haha and gets us hemmed at times... so im evaluating incorrectly cause in time yep we MUST be getting those pucks out haha...
Who here besides rob thinks karlsson is still coming to the lightning?

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I just don’t see it we would have to move too many guys out. What would you pay point ? And what would you pay karlsson?

Negotiations with Vasy will dictate whether we can sign Karlsson. If Vasy signs a team friendly deal, they'll extend a bridge deal toward Point to free the funds to make EK happen.

If not, they'll sign Point to a long term deal.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
iu

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
The amount of overreactions I've seen on here over the past couple weeks has been ridiculous. (but expected). You would think we were barley holding onto the last wild card spot with some of the hot takes on here.

The switch is real. Do not lose faith.

KUCH BELIEVES AND YOU SHOULD TO!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad