Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
I don’t know, Hoffman’s girl was a

psycho female blowing up the phone lines
If they moved here they’d be close enough for a day drive
They’ll move here with any luck
But Karlsson wants to make the big bucks bucks

Sorry

Didn’t Karlsson wife get a restraining order on her, if so she won’t be allowed to set foot in Tampa if he does decide to come over during the off season, although I think he will stay in San Jose.

Reactions: PJ817

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
Didn’t Karlsson wife get a restraining order on her, if so she won’t be allowed to set foot in Tampa if he does decide to come over during the off season, although I think he will stay in San Jose.

Would that restraining order apply in a different country and different state(s)? A Limp Bizkit song popped in my head so I went with it

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

The application was never served and no peace bond was issued

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Not impossible we get karlsson but man it’s going to take a lot of work for JBB to move at least Callahan, Miller and gourde! Or Johnson, killorn or palat! At least 3 of those six got to move if karlsson comes

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I don’t know, Hoffman’s girl was a

psycho female blowing up the phone lines
If they moved here they’d be close enough for a day drive
They’ll move here with any luck
But Karlsson wants to make the big bucks bucks

Sorry

It seems like that whole story is so messed up and tangled that it's probably best for people to not speculate at all. We really don't know what happened, but the accusations by both sides are pretty serious. What a mess.

Whatever the case, Karlsson in TB feels too much like a pre-cap move.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Not impossible we get karlsson but man it’s going to take a lot of work for JBB to move at least Callahan, Miller and gourde! Or Johnson, killorn or palat! At least 3 of those six got to move if karlsson comes

Now what is it. Ive seen people say we just need to get rid of Callahan and Miller. Is it actually 3 players we would have to get rid of? Also if it is 3 who would we have take their place on the lineup?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Not to mention we're already slated to lose at least two D, probably three. It would be overhauling the team. Seems like way too many moving parts to be realistic.

Reactions: JDBolt

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

Only Miller and Callahan. That frees up a total of 21m+ which is all we need.

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Not to mention we're already slated to lose at least two D, probably three. It would be overhauling the team. Seems like way too many moving parts to be realistic.

Seems to me like the best time to bring in different players is when you lose your own to free agency.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Now what is it. Ive seen people say we just need to get rid of Callahan and Miller. Is it actually 3 players we would have to get rid of? Also if it is 3 who would we have take their place on the lineup?
If we sign karlsson and point it’s going to be 3

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Seems to me like the best time to bring in different players is when you lose your own to free agency.

That'll spark even more lost players. Karlsson's looking at somewhere in the neighborhood, conservatively, of 10m. It would require a pretty big overhaul, given the mini-overhaul we're already facing, to make that happen.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Watching JT play with Stammer.....well he’s a legit top 6 forward.

It kinda sucks he’s probably gotta go to make room for Points deal.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Watching JT play with Stammer.....well he’s a legit top 6 forward.

It kinda sucks he’s probably gotta go to make room for Points deal.
Unless we gut some futures to move Callahan.

A lot of pieces need to fall into the perfect places to keep things the way they are.

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
It seems like that whole story is so messed up
Hoffman's wife (then gf) made a terrible comment about EK's deceased baby. THAT is public; the text messages and comments Hoffman's wife made on IG and Twitter and elsewhere, were public information and disclosed in the filing by EK and his wife.

It's not messed up, it's disgusting.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Could you imagine if he just say's "**** it" and takes the same deal as his best buddy hedman. :laugh:

I can. Hell he takes home more money at $8.5 million AAV here than he does at $11 million with the SJS.

We have every reason to be optimistic that this can happen for a reasonable price for him and Point.

Heck Point takes home $20+million on a 5x$7million deal

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I can. Hell he takes home more money at $8.5 million AAV here than he does at $11 million with the SJS.

We have every reason to be optimistic that this can happen for a reasonable price for him and Point.

Heck Point takes home $20+million on a 5x$7million deal

Its going to depend on Point and whether or not we move out the cap to bring him in. If Point signs for a good deal and we move out some contracts then we can point to this being a strong possibility. Right now I think it just sounds a little crazy with how well our team is playing and Point specifically. Wonder if they sell him on the idea of bringing in Karlsson and he take a bridge for now. It definitely improves our chances. I know Point wants to win but would he want to take less so that we could bring in a player like Karlsson?

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Its going to depend on Point and whether or not we move out the cap to bring him in. If Point signs for a good deal and we move out some contracts then we can point to this being a strong possibility. Right now I think it just sounds a little crazy with how well our team is playing and Point specifically. Wonder if they sell him on the idea of bringing in Karlsson and he take a bridge for now. It definitely improves our chances. I know Point wants to win but would he want to take less so that we could bring in a player like Karlsson?

Only JBB knows the real answer to that question. I'm sure they have had the conversation. All you can do is talk to EK's agent first and take a number, take what's left, give it to Point and if both sides are happy then pack it up you're done.

The only additional thought I have is EK is either using us like leverage like Stamkos did Toronto or we just really like EK and he really likes us

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Only JBB knows the real answer to that question. I'm sure they have had the conversation. All you can do is talk to EK's agent first and take a number, take what's left, give it to Point and if both sides are happy then pack it up you're done.

The only additional thought I have is EK is either using us like leverage like Stamkos did Toronto or we just really like EK and he really likes us

I dont think EK has to use us for leverage. A team will back up the brinks to him. I also think he will know that we wont be able to do that for him if he wants to come here. Now will he want to go to a place where they show him the money? Many believe all he wants is to get paid. We just dont know enough at this point. At least we have a good team here and has showed that interest before. If the stars align in that the right things need to happen for us (Point bridge, cap removed) to make it happen then we can probably point to him coming here. At least I think that would be the consensus. If we see those things happen, HF will be saying oh my they are actually making the moves to bring in Karlsson. Whether or not that happens we wont know until after the seasons over. Fun to think about though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->