2018-2019 General Lightning Discussion - Part 2

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
I do hate watching hockey in the second half. At least this time around Vasy is still playing decently so we don't have to repeat last year.

Maelmoor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Anyone who had play sports on any level knows how difficult it can be to play at 100% day in and day out, especially if you are either far ahead or far behind, so I don't think we should expect miracles in the second half of the season.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
i think we finally have our legs tonight and we go to town myself. we were close to back to normal for the knights game but think we got winded at the end.... not a concern 3rd game back from that awful long break for us:)

We had a few real good chances early to make it 2-0 before we made it that. Sometimes we blow the scoreboard off early and then pack it in. It gets interesting if we dont score early because we dont put a full 60 together at this time of year too often.

Reactions: Unfinished Business

Hockey4Life91

Mar 13, 2018
How about:

Joseph-Stamkos-Kucherov/Johnson
Miller-Point-Johnson/Kucherov
Killorn-Cirelli-Gourde
Palat-Paquette-Erne

I like it. Here’s another (though we return to what has worked after a couple games):

Joseph - Point - Gourde
Miller - Stammer - Kucherov
Johnson - Cirelli - Palat
Killer - Paq - Erne

First line is the fastest in the league. Second and third are nostalgic success. Fourth is what remains.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Suddenly the 3rd period looks like garbage. Serge has lost his game it seems. I believe Serge is what makes the third pair go because he can skate. We don’t want Coburn Girardi as a 3rd pair in the playoffs. But right now I don’t trust Serge defensively and he’s just not doing enough on on offense to justify the liability.

I wonder if Rudda can help? Or maybe there is a solution via trade.

Serge may be able to play his way out of it, we will see.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Suddenly the 3rd period looks like garbage. Serge has lost his game it seems. I believe Serge is what makes the third pair go because he can skate. We don’t want Coburn Girardi as a 3rd pair in the playoffs. But right now I don’t trust Serge defensively and he’s just not doing enough on on offense to justify the liability.

I wonder if Rudda can help? Or maybe there is a solution via trade.

Serge may be able to play his way out of it, we will see.

Serge seems to play well only with Stralman

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Something I saw in the SI piece about Cooper really kind of echoes the concerns I have about this team and about Cooper.

"That's the s--- that happens," Cooper says, shrugging. Earlier in his career, like many young coaches, he was obsessed with trying to control the chaos. "Every single detail, over and over," Cooper says. "Can't get caught up in the minutiae. I treated every game like it's Game 7. Every game is not Game 7. There are a lot of Game 1s in there."

Tampa generally treats the entire second half as game 1's. Sloppy, low effort. It's fine overall because they've steamrolled the league in the first half the last two seasons, but what's the long lasting effect of spending the second half of the season just going through the motions? They've played some game 1's in some game 7's in the last few years and that should concern every single Lightning fan, not just the ones who don't buy into the "flip the switch" garbage.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
I wouldnt call it serious. We saw this last year too. I doubt this is how we play as we creep into March.

Cool story. I have major concerns. Right now, I am seeing a replay of last year. It's playing out right before our very eyes. I'm gonna hear that stupid flip the switch crap again. Total BS.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Cool story. I have major concerns. Right now, I am seeing a replay of last year. It's playing out right before our very eyes. I'm gonna hear that stupid flip the switch crap again. Total BS.

I dont think its crap. These guys play 82 games a year. Tough to get up and play 60 mins for each game. Despite our poor play we are still collecting points. Whether we like it or not these guys are trying to save something for the playoffs. Just how it goes my friend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->