2018-2019 General Lightning Discussion - Part 2

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Joking aside, real talk. TVR might be a good target for the right side if he comes cheap. Ferland and TVR, IMO, is a better package to get over Simmonds and Gudas.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Bolt Prospects‏ @BoltProspects 24h24 hours ago
More
Bolt Prospects Retweeted Sportsnet
Tampa (and Montreal) was in on Muzzin.

just to show when i say stuff am not talking out of the booty my friends... Someone said that we were never in on muzzin

i said my source said thats untrue. Bolt prospects is legit so yep we were checking....

not sure how hard they are looking for a rhd maybe just for the playoff run.... maybe a forward also? if was available...
Still thinking we probably sit this one out but obviously they trying to improve if possible...

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Bolt Prospects‏ @BoltProspects 24h24 hours ago
More
Bolt Prospects Retweeted Sportsnet
Tampa (and Montreal) was in on Muzzin.

just to show when i say stuff am not talking out of the booty my friends... Someone said that we were never in on muzzin

i said my source said thats untrue. Bolt prospects is legit so yep we were checking....

not sure how hard they are looking for a rhd maybe just for the playoff run.... maybe a forward also? if was available...
Still thinking we probably sit this one out but obviously they trying to improve if possible...
We probably do nothing but you always got to at least inquire and get prices

Reactions: Unfinished Business

hagg18

Dec 8, 2007
I can’t see why we would go after a 3rd pair D. We already have trouble playing the 7 we have. Headman-stralman is a proven first pair where Hedman can focus less on defense. Give them some games together to build that chemistry again. Mac-cernak is a great shutdown pair with some edge. If they’d struggle, there’s still options. Coburn-Serg is a good 3rd pair. Sit G until somethings struggle. You want veterans in the playoffs and that’s what he brings, even if his best days have past.

Going forward, I’d like us to try to land EK and Stralman. If it won’t work, keep Stralman for two years, 4,5-5 a year. Then it won’t be a problem at the expansiondraft. Stralman will be a good top 4 for at least another year and would work as a good 3rd pair mentor if needed.

With Hedman and Mac (hopefully EK to) protected in the exp. Draft. That would expose at least two of serg, cernak and foote. Since there’s an unwill to play serg as rd on top 4, I find it a good option to trade him for good picks or prospects, either this summer or next, depending on the situation. If he keeps on developing I find it hand for us to keep him after 19/20, with limited capspace and the exp.draft the year after. Probably impossible if we add EK. But he should give a good return.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
Today it is 82F. Trying to host an outdoor game here seems to me foolish, as it could be 45F or 85F in Jan/Feb and you have to plan 2 years ahead.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Stralman's regression should end up working out decently for us. Should be able to sign him for 2 years at 3mil at this point. If he wants more he can leave. We really don't need him much.

Hopefully we call up Rutta at some point and give him a few games. Wouldn't be surprised if he is better than both Stralman and Girardi at this point.

I do feel like our RD depth looks pretty bad at this point. Other than Cernak there isn't much there.

YayHockeysBack

Jan 12, 2019
I've been critical of Stralman, but I thought he played great last night (NYR). Maybe his problem has been a combination of lingering injuries, a little rust, and having to cover for Sergechev's deficiencies when they're paired?

hagg18

Dec 8, 2007
I've been critical of Stralman, but I thought he played great last night (NYR). Maybe his problem has been a combination of lingering injuries, a little rust, and having to cover for Sergechev's deficiencies when they're paired?

I’d say that Stralman’s biggest problem has been that he’s had to shift partner every game. If you look at this season and the last, when given time with the same partner he’s been playing well and so has his partner (Hedman, serg and Mac). With the rotation he’s been shifting from Serg to coburn to Mac to Hedman and then back to serg again. It’s hard to build some chemistry from that. He’s the only d that have done that and probably the only one that can adapt like that and change his game depending on who he plays with and what roll he has for that game. His ability to do that makes him a valueble asset for the coming seasons, mentoring his own replacement.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon

I’d say that Stralman’s biggest problem has been that he’s had to shift partner every game. If you look at this season and the last, when given time with the same partner he’s been playing well and so has his partner (Hedman, serg and Mac). With the rotation he’s been shifting from Serg to coburn to Mac to Hedman and then back to serg again. It’s hard to build some chemistry from that. He’s the only d that have done that and probably the only one that can adapt like that and change his game depending on who he plays with and what roll he has for that game. His ability to do that makes him a valueble asset for the coming seasons, mentoring his own replacement.

I was busy fighting my way through Mordor with a LotRO raid group last night so couldn't pay much attention to the NYR game. :P

So I watched it earlier today and Strålman actually had a solid game. Some nice defensive plays, keeping the puck in the o-zone, got a shot, a block and a hit. But because he was on ice when the Rangers scored, he gets the minus even though he had his man covered properly. :P

His advanced stats really sucked for the last 10 games before the break so there's a bunch of stats people declaring that he's washed up ala Garrison. But, putting those stats into context, we all knew that he'd been struggling since coming back from a month out with injury. Plus having to play Musical Partners every single game.

It will be interesting to see how he does with whomever is his NEXT partner and throughout these next 10 games.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
4 years is pretty long for a Dman his age. Unless that caphit is like... 2, it needs to be a 2-3 year deal (max).
was thinking the time so 3 milly 4 years ..... more money would have to be lesser years etc... not sure if he would think about that or not but yes id give the extra time to keep the hit in that range
I haven't seen any bad play myself.... Think he has been fine stats say is ok etc...
is kinda like palat he was off for a bit think he is doing ok too
most of board are down on drej

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
was thinking the time so 3 milly 4 years ..... more money would have to be lesser years etc... not sure if he would think about that or not but yes id give the extra time to keep the hit in that range
I haven't seen any bad play myself.... Think he has been fine stats say is ok etc...
is kinda like palat he was off for a bit think he is doing ok too
most of board are down on drej
It's not about being "up" or "down" on Stralman. But Dmen tend to age rapidly. 4 years he would be 36/37 by the end of his contract. Not a ton of Dmen are still good at that age. Now I think Stralman is going to age better than most, but you still don't want to commit too long just in case he doesn't.

Reactions: Unfinished Business

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad