OT: 2018-2019 College & NBA hoops thread

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Nova's sort of the Golden State of college basketball, a small market who had one random title a while back but now has come out of nowhere to be the dominant team in the sport, or at least as dominant as you can be with the one-and-dones.

Nova has had one one-and-done since Tim Thomas I'm pretty sure (Spellman). Having NBA talent like Bridges, Hart, Pascall, Archidiacano, and Brunson play 3-4 years goes a long way in college basketball.

Unfortunately, the team this year is probably the worst team of their last 5 years or so.

In response to ZBC, I would think Nova, Marquette and St. Johns will be the only tourney teams from the Big East.

Reactions: Zajacs Bowl Cut

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Nova has had one one-and-done since Tim Thomas I'm pretty sure (Spellman). Having NBA talent like Bridges, Hart, Pascall, Archidiacano, and Brunson play 3-4 years goes a long way in college basketball.

Unfortunately, the team this year is probably the worst team of their last 5 years or so.

In response to ZBC, I would think Nova, Marquette and St. Johns will be the only tourney teams from the Big East.

oh it definitely is...and they are still pretty damn good. Looks like they will only lose a handful of Big East games and get a top 4 seed at this rate.

and next year, they have the #2 recruiting class in the nation coming in....four guys ranked in the top 60 nationally I believe.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
what a win for Nova in Hinkle

Big East is clearly a 2 team race.

Paschall and Booth are tremendous. One of them should be BE POY but no defense Markus Howard will probably win it

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
what a win for Nova in Hinkle

Big East is clearly a 2 team race.

Paschall and Booth are tremendous. One of them should be BE POY but no defense Markus Howard will probably win it

I doubt either wins, especially since they'll probably split some votes.

It's between Howard and Ponds in my opinion. Ponds leads the league in assists and is 3rd in points.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
At this juncture, it makes absolutely no sense to me why St. John's would make the tournament and Seton Hall wouldn't.

Hear me out: Obviously, I'm biased, but Hall Ball owns seven wins against KenPom 100 teams to Johnnies' four. Both teams are 3-4 in conference play (with Seton Hall owning that buzzer-beater win over the Redmen) and St. Johns' non-conference resume which included no signature wins (I mean, VCU and Georgia Tech are their best non-conference wins.) isn't even remotely in the same class as Hall's was/is. Both teams also lost to DePaul at home.

What's nice about going to our imminent doom down the Turnpike this weekend is that if we keep the score respectable, losing won't really change anything because Villanova is Villanova and we're merely playing in their conference nowadays, as are the other eight.

Last edited:

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
St. John's out of conference schedule was horrendous. It was 336th out of 353. What was their best OOC win? Georgia Tech? VCU? Fart. I know they beat Marquette a few weeks ago but still.

Seton Hall's OOC schedule was 46th

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
If we didn't have Kentucky and Maryland on our resume, we would be royally f***ed after getting swept by DePaul.

Hanging on by a thread now.

I'll panic if we lose to Providence at home next Wednesday. This program has dug itself out of a 3-6 conference hole to make the dance in recent memory, but that was also with a team which included Khadeen, Angel, Ish, and Desi. Much different circumstance.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Nova likely on track to be a 3 seed at this point

pretty amazing considering like 5 weeks ago, some Nova fans were questioning if they even belonged in the tournament period

this has been Jay WRight's best coaching job

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Villanova has a realistic chance at 18-0 in the conference.

If they lose, it’ll be Marquette or some freak upset on the road to one of the lesser teams.

With that said, I would love for them go to Newark at 17-0 and just see what happens. I don’t think Hall’s season is over quite yet, at least not until they lose to Providence at home on Wednesday. This game was penciled in as an L at the start of the season, as has been the case with Nova away basically since P.J. Carlesimo.

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
This January has me looking forward to next season already, yeesh.

Freshmen Tyrese Samuel and DaShawn Davis inbound, and of course Ike Obiagu will be eligible. Only guy leaving will be Nzei. (Unless you're my troll friend who's a Marquette alum/fan who swears Powell is gonna declare.)

Stay the course, Pirates.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
This January has me looking forward to next season already, yeesh.

Freshmen Tyrese Samuel and DaShawn Davis inbound, and of course Ike Obiagu will be eligible. Only guy leaving will be Nzei. (Unless you're my troll friend who's a Marquette alum/fan who swears Powell is gonna declare.)

Stay the course, Pirates.

Powell doesn't have the quickness yet to go pro.

The Hall is easy to gameplan against, don't leave Powell open and you beat them . No one else can shoot the rock

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Powell doesn't have the quickness yet to go pro.

The Hall is easy to gameplan against, don't leave Powell open and you beat them . No one else can shoot the rock

If Cale, Mamu, and McKnight make the next step, next year will be better. I also expect good things out Anthony Nelson. We shouldn't be this bad. We have "good" players. That's the infuriating part.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
If Cale, Mamu, and McKnight make the next step, next year will be better. I also expect good things out Anthony Nelson. We shouldn't be this bad. We have "good" players. That's the infuriating part.

A must win tomorrow at home or they might as well just forfeit the rest of the season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad