OT: 2018-2019 College & NBA hoops thread

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Can somebody explain to me why the Knicks would trade KP for what looks like such a low return for a young all star type player? Is it all about hoping they can lure max contract players in the offseason?

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Can somebody explain to me why the Knicks would trade KP for what looks like such a low return for a young all star type player? Is it all about hoping they can lure max contract players in the offseason?
Exactly

The NBA is drastically different than the NHL in how you build a contender

Knicks could end up with nothing but a 5-7 overall pick or Durant, Irving, and Zion. The all-in is real for this trade

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Partly that, partly cause he's an egotistical malcontent that wanted out and partly cause he was due for a big contract and FA soon and the Knicks didn't want to pay him a max deal or lose him for nothing on an RFA deal.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Partly that, partly cause he's an egotistical malcontent that wanted out and partly cause he was due for a big contract and FA soon and the Knicks didn't want to pay him a max deal or lose him for nothing on an RFA deal.

Has there been more reported than him telling them he wanted out?

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
If they win their next three home games (Creighton, Georgetown, Xavier) they’ll be no worse than 7-7 after 14 League games.

It’s an uphill climb but this season isn’t a lost cause. If anything, sweep Johnnies and put the nail in their coffin. Still really looking forward to attending that game MSG.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
was at the Nova-Georgetown game today. Awesome games from Gillespie and Paschall

Govan had 0 points.

Could the Big East really be a 2 bid league? That'd be insane

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
was at the Nova-Georgetown game today. Awesome games from Gillespie and Paschall

Govan had 0 points.

Could the Big East really be a 2 bid league? That'd be insane

It's looking that way .. St. John's being blown out by Duke looks bad, even if it was a road game against the best team in the country.

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
It's looking that way .. St. John's being blown out by Duke looks bad, even if it was a road game against the best team in the country.

If Hall Ball can sweep Johnnies, it'll be the nail in their coffin.

I'm totally fine with playing the spoiler role and going to the NIT. Just means more games I'll get to attend this season on campus and [hopefully] at MSG.

And seriously, if Hall could actually *win* the NIT, that would make this a very successful season considering the expectations back in October.

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
The Hall has effectively pressed the reset button.

Go 3-3 in these last six games with this year's soft bubble; probably punch a ticket to the dance.

If they go 3-3 *and* win at least one game at the Garden Party, oh we in there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad