2018-2019 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Et voila! He will fit pretty nicely on the Habs fast paced culture and his skills will be pretty needed too... As for Poehling, while he plays a solid 200 ft game, he will make some mistakes here and there, I dont feel like his game is quite NHL ready yet, so thats why I would start him in the AHL and see how it goes...

I'm open to letting him fight for a roster spot, promotes a culture of fairness since we did the same for Kotkaniemi.

Ylönen is doing everything that the coaches want him to do. They gave him a line and said ''make it work,'' and he did just that. He really, desperately, emphatically needs to get stronger though. If he can do that, he can contribute to any line. Paging Mr Rautala.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I'm open to letting him fight for a roster spot, promotes a culture of fairness since we did the same for Kotkaniemi.

Ylönen is doing everything that the coaches want him to do. They gave him a line and said ''make it work,'' and he did just that. He really, desperately, emphatically needs to get stronger though. If he can do that, he can contribute to any line. Paging Mr Rautala.
Of course he needs to get stronger like any kids his age but it didnt prevent him to win most of his puck battles at the WJC... Maybe its an issue in the FEL against men(?), but Im not too worried about that personally...

As for Poehling, we will see how he does at the camp but I would much rather play him in a top center role in the AHL than on a fourth line in the NHL...

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Will ikonen stay there for another year?

There was a rumor he either re-signed with Kalpa or was about to but elite prospects still has him as unsigned at the end of this season. I got to think he re-signs though as missing so much time when he needed that to improve on his physical tools like size, strength, speed, skating. I would expect him to be in Liiga for at least another year.

Reactions: The Great Weise

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
There was a rumor he either re-signed with Kalpa or was about to but elite prospects still has him as unsigned at the end of this season. I got to think he re-signs though as missing so much time when he needed that to improve on his physical tools like size, strength, speed, skating. I would expect him to be in Liiga for at least another year.

I really like that despite his injury he looks stronger and faster, to my eyes at least. Really hope he works on his skating. I think that makes or breaks him.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
CHLShowcaseFeb23-730x428.jpg

Josh Brook will be on Sportsnet tomorrow for their CHL Saturday Showcase.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

Ylonen does need to get stronger but he's stronger than he looks and is more than willing to get his nose dirty. I feel like that's somewhat under appreciated in his game. He doesn't always win his battles and he's no Gallagher but the effort's there though the results are mixed.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I set the dvr for the Gorniak game but still haven't finished last weeks 2nd game. Penn St is one of the better teams in the NCAA to watch, talk about run and gun offense.

Hopefully Poehling puts a up few points this weekend as UNO has struggled this season and after that they have 2 tough teams to end the regular season in Western Michigan (well coached by Andy Murray) and UMD who won the National Championship last year.

Reactions: Harry Kakalovich

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Ylonen does need to get stronger but he's stronger than he looks and is more than willing to get his nose dirty. I feel like that's somewhat under appreciated in his game. He doesn't always win his battles and he's no Gallagher but the effort's there though the results are mixed.

I don't see any issues with Ylonen in terms of physical tools, just worry a bit about his IQ, not sure if it's a problem or not just noticed some little things that make me wonder but liiga had to go and change their steaming service so now it's so hard to get their games.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
175px-Oshawa_Generals_Logo.svg.png

McShane has a second assist as Oshawa takes a 2-1 lead.
Serron Noel scored both goals and both goals assisted by McShane and Anthony Salinitri.​

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I don't see any issues with Ylonen in terms of physical tools, just worry a bit about his IQ, not sure if it's a problem or not just noticed some little things that make me wonder but liiga had to go and change their steaming service so now it's so hard to get their games.
I had a bit of the same concerns after watching some of his games last year (listed in the sticky threads after the draft), but those concerns went to the toilets after watching him closely at the WJC where he showed great poise and a solid IQ all over the ice...

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
moose-jaw.png

After two periods, Moose Jaw is tied 2-2 against Swift Current. Josh Brook with an assist on Warriors' second goal.

Attachments

• upload_2019-2-22_21-30-18.png
    upload_2019-2-22_21-30-18.png
    6 KB · Views: 2

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
t415.png

Teasdale with his 36th to make it 5-3 for the Huskies.

82.png

Poehling with his second tonight (7th of the season) to put St. Cloud up 4-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad