2018-2019 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects (Part II) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

darknife2311

Jun 29, 2018
with the trade market now open in the Q Teasdale is the most popular foward available the price to get him is absolutly high!!!!! I spoke with him after the match yesterday and he expects to be traded ... He wants a chance to win the cup at his probable last season in Q.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Teasdale is having a great year if you keep in mind how much his team sucks. I mean yes, 17 goals, 19 assists for 36 points in 33 games doesn't seem THAT great, but when you look at the scoring from the rest of the team, you realize how good it is. The second and third leading scorers only have 24 points and 21 points in the same amount of games. On top of that, somehow Teasdale is +11 (leading by far) on a team that is mostly in the negatives including 6 players that have ratings of -10 and worse.

Too bad he didn't get a chance with the World Junior Team as I think he's the type of player that could have really have played well on the bottom 2 lines.

good to know he doesn't have much help. I've only seen the highlights. I definitely see a possibly solid bottom 6er there.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Guelph vs. Oshawa right now. But Hillis isn't in the line-up. I tried finding out if he's injured or scratched, I still haven't received a reply. However, McShane is in Oshawa's line-up, though.

Also, I don't know if anyone else mentioned it, but even though Seattle lost 6-1 to Everett last night, Tyszka picked up an assist on the lone Seattle goal.

Guelph is up 2-1 in the first, McShane with an assist on the Oshawa goal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Anathema

Gabriiel40

Dec 13, 2017
I'd be watching the Oshawa game but I'm not paying the extra $35 for the package it requires.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Probably injured, he had a knee-on-knee collision in yesterday's game.

Guelph Storm definitely won't be sellers at the trade deadline (10 photos) - GuelphToday.com

Thanks!

McShane with the beautiful one-touch centering pass.

with the trade market now open in the Q Teasdale is the most popular foward available the price to get him is absolutly high!!!!! I spoke with him after the match yesterday and he expects to be traded ... He wants a chance to win the cup at his probable last season in Q.

I picture him traded to Drummondville, Rouyn-Noranda or Halifax (in their bid to go all the way at the Memorial Cup).

Seattle is tied leading 3-2 in the second period. Tyszka with an assist on the second goal (PP goal).

Anathema

Nov 23, 2017
So which prospect has a good chance of being traded to a contender apart from Teasdale?
I guess Suzuki (even though Owen Sound is not really in a bad spot), Brook, maybe Tyszka? Even though he just cam e back from injury.
What about Hillis? They just traded Merkley to Peterborough and i believe they’re on the bubble.
Walford, Mcshane and Fonstad’s teams are doing well so they shouldn’t be traded.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
So which prospect has a good chance of being traded to a contender apart from Teasdale?
I guess Suzuki (even though Owen Sound is not really in a bad spot), Brook, maybe Tyszka? Even though he just cam e back from injury.
What about Hillis? They just traded Merkley to Peterborough and i believe they’re on the bubble.
Walford, Mcshane and Fonstad’s teams are doing well so they shouldn’t be traded.

I think the one that's most likely to be traded is Tyszka.

Everyone else is on a team that is either really good or doing well.

I read a few days ago how at the start of the season, Moose Jaw was looking to be sellers, with Brook being their biggest trading asset. But the fact they're in a better position than they envisioned may have changed their approach.

Guelph trading Merkley is an odd one for me because the Storm is in a good spot. They're 4th in their Conference, tied at 41 points with Owen Sound, who sit 3rd ahead of Guelph because they have two more regulation wins.

The immediate thought that came in my head on why Storm would trade their top defenseman despite being in a good spot in the standings is because of the reported off-ice issues Merkley has the reputation to have.

But who knows, maybe they have made the decision to look at the long term health of the club rather than make a run for it so they will be sellers.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Guelph trading Merkley is an odd one for me because the Storm is in a good spot. They're 4th in their Conference, tied at 41 points with Owen Sound, who sit 3rd ahead of Guelph because they have two more regulation wins.

The immediate thought that came in my head on why Storm would trade their top defenseman despite being in a good spot in the standings is because of the reported off-ice issues Merkley has the reputation to have.

But who knows, maybe they have made the decision to look at the long term health of the club rather than make a run for it so they will be sellers.
The plan for 18-19 was to cash in on Merkley regardless of where the team was going to be ranking wise. The rumor actually is they've been shopping him since last summer and when they finally got what they were looking for they pulled the trigger. The off ice stuff only made it more of a certainty that he'd be gone.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Does Moose Jaw need a LHD? They could trade for Tyszka and then put him with Brook :sarcasm:

That would be fun. Tyszka would have to be signed this year as his rights would expire if they don't. And if Habs do sign him, he'd be eligible to play in the AHL next season.

That would be fun to have Brook, Tyszka, and Fleury in Laval.

Same goes for Walford, as well. Rights expire this year and he'd be eligible for Laval next year.

Anathema

Nov 23, 2017
That would be fun. Tyszka would have to be signed this year as his rights would expire if they don't. And if Habs do sign him, he'd be eligible to play in the AHL next season.

That would be fun to have Brook, Tyszka, and Fleury in Laval.

Same goes for Walford, as well. Rights expire this year and he'd be eligible for Laval next year.

I agree that it would be great to have them in Laval next year.

If Walford and Tyszka keep this up, i believe both will be signed considering our depth at that position.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
After Merkley, Guelph trades Tag Bertuzzi for picks. It's not like he was one of the better players. But trading him for picks may mean they're looking to be sellers?

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
After Merkley, Guelph trades Tag Bertuzzi for picks. It's not like he was one of the better players. But trading him for picks may mean they're looking to be sellers?

Not likely. There were off ice issues in Guelph. I believe the team is fixing its house before solidifying it. Their roster was geared for a run this season but the elephant in the room was Merkley's unreliability and issues with teammates (most notably Primeau, whoh was traded to NB as a result). Bertuzzi had been under-performing and wasn't happy in Guelph. He's young and wasn't going to play a big role this year anyway, so why have the distraction? Accommodate and move on.

My belief is you'll see Guelph now add a piece or two.

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Tyszka looks awesome since he came back from injury.

I think Walford has an outside chance of being traded, despite their spot in the standings, Victoria really isn't that good. But I would have to concur with @Adam Michaels, Tyszka is definitely the most likely.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I think Walford has an outside chance of being traded, despite their spot in the standings, Victoria really isn't that good.

any rumors on Brook? I fear they may not trade him since they are in a playoff spot.

Hillis is out 6-8 weeks with an MCL sprain.

tough year for injuries to the prospects, Ikonen, Tyszka, now Hillis.

Reactions: Stive Morgan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad