2018-2019 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects (Part II) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 25, 2009
éal
It's obviously early, but any idea to which Habs prospects might play in the WJC next year aside from Ylonen, Romanov and Olofsson?

Kotkaniemi is highly unlikely for obvious reason. Maybe a guy like Hillis or McShane? Fonstad? Stapley?

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
It's obviously early, but any idea to which Habs prospects might play in the WJC next year aside from Ylonen, Romanov and Olofsson?

Kotkaniemi is highly unlikely for obvious reason. Maybe a guy like Hillis or McShane? Fonstad? Stapley?

I don't think Ylonen is junior eligible next year. Nor is Stapley. Could be wrong.

Reactions: De Montreal

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Only current prospects eligible for the WJC next year are:

- Kotkaniemi
- Romanov
- Olofsson
- Hillis
- Harris
- McShane
- Fonstad
- Houde

Ylönen, Gorniak, and Stapley won't be eligible.

Reactions: De Montreal

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Only current prospects eligible for the WJC next year are:

- Kotkaniemi
- Romanov
- Olofsson
- Hillis
- Harris
- McShane
- Fonstad
- Houde

Ylönen, Gorniak, and Stapley won't be eligible.

Romanov and olofsson are locked
Harris makes team USA I think

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016

Ylonen nor Stapely are eligible. So I only see harris and maybe Hillis making in addition to next years draft haul

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Fonstad with an assist. He's now got 16 points in his last 11 games.

Prince Albert take the lead. Fonstad with another assist.

Fonstad with a third assist in OT for the game winner.

18 points in 11 games.

And he's now close to a PPG player with 33 pts (11G, 22A) in 35 games.

Last edited by a moderator:

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Yolo and Romo are doing their best to turn our big 3 prospects into a big 5.

It's still early and they haven't played the greatest teams but I've said that the bad thing about our first 4 picks from 2018 is they're all playing in men's leagues which of course is great but the lack of production can't help but colour our evaluations. People initially got excited that Romanov made the KHL but then seemed to quickly forget and were all wondering why he isn't scoring.

Ylonen seems to be picking it up of late but I was worried myself a bit. Really want to see how he can do against better teams but he looks to have just about everything you could want. Borderline elite (if not elite) skill set with really good effort levels. I'd like to see him shoot more and get stronger but granted I only seen the one game and for his slender build he didn't necessarily look weak. Got in lots of battles. Didn't necessarily win them all but generally did well. He's pretty tenacious and fairly gritty. Didn't shy away from the front of the net and the dirty areas.

Pretty excited about these 2. I hope Romanov can display a bit more creativity if I was to nitpick but even without it he can clearly be a player.

Reactions: DramaticGloveSave

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
watched a little of Harris today, the game was on early as it's a holiday tournament in Vermont. He didn't do too much, his team won in OT.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
- McShane with a goal. His 12th of the season.

- Houde with an assist.

- Teasdale with a shorthanded goal. His 18th of the season.

- Fonstad with an assist so far.

All games are still going.

McShane scored his second of the game and 13th of the season to make it 5-2. Oshawa ends up winning it 6-2.

Fonstad adds an empty-net goal. His 12th of the season. He ends the game with a goal and an assist. He's now had at least 2 points in his last 5 games.

35 pts in 36 games now. And has 20 pts in his last 12 games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Anathema

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
No stapley today for Denver, must be injured

Yes he is. The game sheet had him listed as a scratch with the letters (inj.) next to him.

DvilWRNVAAAYGcR.jpg

Reactions: montreal

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Blainville traded Pascal Corbeil to Baie-Comeau. Stephane Leroux mentions that this deal may open the door to an eventual trade involving Teasdale to Baie-Comeau.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Don't know how much I'm allowed to say but I've been hearing talk about Tyszka being moved to an Eastern Conference team at the deadline. This team has been scouting him and another teammate of his pretty heavily all season and a deal seems pretty likely to me because it fills the holes in their lineup as they prepare for a playoff run. I hope it happens, I'd like to see Tyszka make one more Memorial Cup run in (presumably) his final year of Junior.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Yup. Already this season you see some of the Habs draft picks and UFA signings shine.

Evans, Fleury, Vejdemo, and Alain in particular.

Vejdemo isn't an offensive dynamo, but he is real good and real smart. And it shows he's had professional experience in Europe. Considering he's a 3rd Round Pick, people should like what he brings. He's real good on the PK.

Alain has adjusted slower than the others, but the more games he plays, the more you see him bring something to the table. He's got a major league shot, and has got some grit to his game.

Seeing them do well in their first year in Laval gives me hope. And to think that some of the team's more exciting prospects could join them in Laval next year is all the more exciting.

Also to keep in mind that McCarron and Audette, who have been prospects for a few years now have both taken a step in the right direction this season.

Even McNiven looked good when Lindgren went down with an injury. And even Lindgren looks better this year than he did last season. He looks more like the All-Star goalie he was in his rookie season.

Good things are coming for Montreal.

yeah I really really think our pool's better than it's been in a long long time. The quantity and quality is very solid. Early returns on the guys in the last THREE drafts (yeah I said it! Mete and Sergachev are still young with a lot of promise) are very good.

As much as Romanov is deserved in his hype I still think I might be more impressed with Ylonen. The x-factor though is that Romanov is a year younger. Still want to see what Ylonen can do against better teams (didn't watch the Sweden game) but he was just so dynamic. Really smart playmaker. Skating's elite. Would love for him to get a promotion to the top 6 and put up some big numbers. Kid could actually have the tools to be a play driver in the bigs if not an amazing complimentary player. People have their nagging doubts about Suzuki and Poehling but Ylonen could be the best of the bunch. All 3 could be really nice additions to our top 9.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Houde scores to open the scoring for Chicoutimi.

His 8th of the season. His 5th point in 5 games. Hopefully like Fonstad, after being cold for a long time, he picks up his production, as well.

Reactions: canadiensnation
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia