2018-2019 Blackhawks Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
The Capitals powerplay runs through Backstrom.
As the passer yes, we have a passer, we don't have one good point shot option like Ovie or Carlsson, let alone both.

Debrincat has a great wrist shot, but I haven't seen much of a one timer, or slap shot from him yet. So he is more of a half wall guy than point guy.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Never said their was not multiple ways but thanks for the reminder.

All depends on the draft.

Wahlstom gives you an elite shot for the Ovi spot or if you trade for Kessell (who I prefer over JVR).

Carlsson is an option in FA.

Personally I like Washington's system as it is less stagnant and plays to our teams strengths along with the direction the league is going from a speed perspective.
Karlsson, or Carlson??? (;))

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I might not trade Cat or Schmaltz, but I would absolutely give up any of those other guys to get him.

I wouldn't want to lose either of Mitchell or Joker. Both have top pairing potential, from everything I've seen/read/heard. Or at the very least, top 3 potential. I'd probably be ok with Forsling, like RTR said. But none of the other 4, honestly.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I wouldn't want to lose either of Mitchell or Joker. Both have top pairing potential, from everything I've seen/read/heard. Or at the very least, top 3 potential. I'd probably be ok with Forsling, like RTR said. But none of the other 4, honestly.
Hamilton is already a top pairing Dman, and fits a need, and we need to win in the next 3-5 years.

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Hamilton is already a top pairing Dman, and fits a need, and we need to win in the next 3-5 years.

Why? It's evident that's not the goal at this point. This team has gone into a smallish, on-the-fly rebuild. Stan has continually made the team younger, and not sacrificed the future for the now. That should be obvious to everyone.

I'm pretty sure we've debated over this before. I prefer to not sacrifice being a contender in the future, to winning one more cup while Toews and Kane are still playing at a high enough level. And IDK if you can actually do both things at this point.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Why? It's evident that's not the goal at this point. This team has gone into a smallish, on-the-fly rebuild. Stan has continually made the team younger, and not sacrificed the future for the now. That should be obvious to everyone.

I'm pretty sure we've debated over this before. I prefer to not sacrifice being a contender in the future, to winning one more cup while Toews and Kane are still playing at a high enough level. And IDK if you can actually do both things at this point.
This team isn't winning a Cup when all of Keith, Seabrook, Toews, Kane are in their mid-late 30's. They can try and do this rebuild on the fly thing, but our only chance to win is in th enext 3-5 years IMO.

And there is zero guarantee Joker, or Mitchell turn into a top 4 D, let alone top pairing. Hamilton is already there, and is very young still. You are not sacrificing anything by getting him. If those 2 Dmen become top pairing D, hamilton is still a top pairing D at that time more than likely.

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
This team isn't winning a Cup when all of Keith, Seabrook, Toews, Kane are in their mid-late 30's. They can try and do this rebuild on the fly thing, but our only chance to win is in th enext 3-5 years IMO.

And there is zero guarantee Joker, or Mitchell turn into a top 4 D, let alone top pairing. Hamilton is already there, and is very young still. You are not sacrificing anything by getting him. If those 2 Dmen become top pairing D, hamilton is still a top pairing D at that time more than likely.

Why? If they rebuild right, hit with some good picks, you have new Keiths, and Seabrooks, and Toews, and Kanes coming in to replace them, and they'll turn into the John Maddens, and Jamal Mayers of the past. The savvy vets, necessary on every Cup team. At least that's how it's supposed to go. Why does it have to be "Now, or never again!" ??

Last edited:
Reactions: RememberTheRoar

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012

The next 3-5 years is the window not making a move for Hamilton... that would be to try in 1 or 2... but all last offseason the moves were to help the team long term with that 3-4 years out plan.

To reverse that after 1 awful season that actually helps the future more is a weird fan cry I've heard from people that were seemingly positive of the last summers direction

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Am I the only one who thinks that DeBrincat's NHL success might be short lived? He's tiny and not that great of a skater. If he loses a step at any point he might be toast. Honestly, I think that his career might be 3-6 years at most and the Hawks should cash in when his value is highest(not necessarily now) I'd trade DeBrincat for Hamilton and not think twice about it. Hamilton is underrated on HF Hawks, IMO. Cat is overrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad