2018-2019 Blackhawks Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Why did Anisimov become the third line center?

I understand Schmaltz has more skill than Anisimov, but is that skill really not as useful on Kane’s left wing?

The Schmaltz-Anisimov-Kane line had the best Corsi among the Schmaltz/Kane combos that played significant ice time together.

Furthermore, Anisimov brings value to this team when he plays with Kane, and has little value elsewhere in the lineup.

Lastly, for as bad as his faceoff numbers are, Anisimov is still better at draws than Schmaltz is. I think Schmaltz needs to keep working on that. We have the luxury of easing him in, but Q decided not to do that.

Unfortunately, Anisimov probably gets traded today or tomorrow because he was used in a less effective way last season.

Robsker

Nov 8, 2014
I hope AA is not traded. He is a good player and should be alongside Kane.

Saad-Toews-Schmaltz
DCat-AA-Kane
Sikura (Hayden)-Kahun-Hino-Edjsell-Jurco-Duclair in some groupings

Enyaw

The names ... Wayne
Jan 17, 2014
AA needs to be moved .... in the ever increasing speed game of the NHL .... AA doesnt fit .... he's a 3rd liner at this point

age + injuries + an already slow skater .... does not equal a fit in this team moving forward

Move him while his value is higher

Reactions: Kevin Musto

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
AA needs to be moved .... in the ever increasing speed game of the NHL .... AA doesnt fit .... he's a 3rd liner at this point

age + injuries + an already slow skater .... does not equal a fit in this team moving forward

Move him while his value is higher

Was he bad with Kane though? I agree, his issues don’t allow him to carry a third line.

Enyaw

The names ... Wayne
Jan 17, 2014
Was he bad with Kane though? I agree, his issues don’t allow him to carry a third line.
Nobody is "bad" with Kane ... Kane carries that line and can make anyone's numbers look good .... AA stands around the goal like he's waiting for a bus because that is his game ... he doesnt move well

Its not that I dislike AA .... but now might be the best time to move him for other assets .... he wont get better .... his game will only decline as he gets older ... especially in the "new" NHL .... he will be 30 this year ... might be time to move him

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Nobody is "bad" with Kane ... Kane carries that line and can make anyone's numbers look good .... AA stands around the goal like he's waiting for a bus because that is his game ... he doesnt move well

Its not that I dislike AA .... but now might be the best time to move him for other assets .... he wont get better .... his game will only decline as he gets older ... especially in the "new" NHL .... he will be 30 this year ... might be time to move him

He doesn’t have a lot of value at the moment, last season really tanked whatever value he had after two years of the PAK line.

Your best hope is basically dumping him without retention.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
I would change up out PP to the Caps system which technically does not have a guy out front.

I'd go with the setup at the beginning of the clip. DeBrincat takes Sharps spot and Seabrook at the point because he's the only right shot option we have.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
If the Hawks are able to move Hossa, Anisimov and Rutta, would you guys give up the 8th + Sikura for Panarin IF he would re-sign for 7-8 years at 8-9m AAV?

Saad-Toews-DeBrincat
Panarin-Schmaltz-Kane
Hinostroza-Edjsell-Hayden

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I would change up out PP to the Caps system which technically does not have a guy out front.
There are multiple ways you can have a successful PP. A lot of teams still have net front guys and are still very successful with their PPs. Like Toronto, and Pittsburgh (JvR, Hjornqvist) - the top 2 teams on the PP last year.

But I mean, if you can somehow get Ovechkin and Carlsson to run our PP, sure we could use the Caps system.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
If the Hawks are able to move Hossa, Anisimov and Rutta, would you guys give up the 8th + Sikura for Panarin IF he would re-sign for 7-8 years at 8-9m AAV?

Saad-Toews-DeBrincat
Panarin-Schmaltz-Kane
Hinostroza-Edjsell-Hayden

If he was going to sign for that then he would be signing extension in July with Jackets

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Why did Anisimov become the third line center?

I understand Schmaltz has more skill than Anisimov, but is that skill really not as useful on Kane’s left wing?

The Schmaltz-Anisimov-Kane line had the best Corsi among the Schmaltz/Kane combos that played significant ice time together.

Furthermore, Anisimov brings value to this team when he plays with Kane, and has little value elsewhere in the lineup.

Lastly, for as bad as his faceoff numbers are, Anisimov is still better at draws than Schmaltz is. I think Schmaltz needs to keep working on that. We have the luxury of easing him in, but Q decided not to do that.

Unfortunately, Anisimov probably gets traded today or tomorrow because he was used in a less effective way last season.

Because AA is a 3rd line C and he is prone to go cold for lengthy time offensively

Also its amusing people are bashing Q for actually putting Schmaltz at C and learning at NHL level which is exactly what people around here wanted before last season

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Maybe, or he doesn’t want to extend with a franchise that hasn’t exactly done much since coming into the league. He didn’t choose to be there. He chose to be with Hawks initially. I do agree that he seems set on going UFA route, but if the deal was there and he was willing to re-sign it seems like a deal worth exploring.

jls24

Apr 30, 2013
I expect Schmaltz to be much improved at faceoffs and being a center in general. He clearly works his ass off every off-season and his game makes huge strides every year. It's funny he fell to us in the draft because teams thought he seemed disinterested at times. The kid has been nothing short of a workhorse since we drafted him and having Kane to learn from will only help.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Hasn’t Schmaltz progressed like this at a lot of levels? Starts slow then makes huge strides? Seems to be on that same trajectory.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Because AA is a 3rd line C and he is prone to go cold for lengthy time offensively

Also its amusing people are bashing Q for actually putting Schmaltz at C and learning at NHL level which is exactly what people around here wanted before last season

Not bashing Q. I just don’t like the idea of spending a ton of money and years on a JVR to be a net-front guy on Kane’s line, especially when that role is a third wheel.

Anisimov did fine in that role for two years.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Hasn’t Schmaltz progressed like this at a lot of levels? Starts slow then makes huge strides? Seems to be on that same trajectory.

Yes, Schmaltz is not a problem. It’s just people want to sign a big guy to stand in front of the net for potentially $7 million. Anisimov can do that for $4.5, and only has a few years left so you’re not stuck with him when he really hits a decline.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Hamilton would be huge for us but will cost a lot. Rather go after Faulk, he should be cheaper.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
There are multiple ways you can have a successful PP. A lot of teams still have net front guys and are still very successful with their PPs. Like Toronto, and Pittsburgh (JvR, Hjornqvist) - the top 2 teams on the PP last year.

But I mean, if you can somehow get Ovechkin and Carlsson to run our PP, sure we could use the Caps system.

Never said their was not multiple ways but thanks for the reminder.

All depends on the draft.

Wahlstom gives you an elite shot for the Ovi spot or if you trade for Kessell (who I prefer over JVR).

Carlsson is an option in FA.

Personally I like Washington's system as it is less stagnant and plays to our teams strengths along with the direction the league is going from a speed perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad