2018-2019 Blackhawks Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
I know that the Hawks like keeping things close to their chest, but holy ****.... it's pretty pathetic to claim to have no updates on Crawford. The only way you don't have an update on someone months later is if they were in a coma and were still in a coma.
this will be interesting..

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I know that the Hawks like keeping things close to their chest, but holy ****.... it's pretty pathetic to claim to have no updates on Crawford. The only way you don't have an update on someone months later is if they were in a coma and were still in a coma.

It pretty much spells out that whatever is going on with him isn't hockey/injury related.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I know that the Hawks like keeping things close to their chest, but holy ****.... it's pretty vexing to claim to have no updates on Crawford. The only way you don't have an update on someone months later is if they were in a coma and were still in a coma.

Ehhhhh. Or if he hasn't been around for some reason. ;)

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
It pretty much spells out that whatever is going on with him isn't hockey/injury related.
Even though the last time that happened they made him admit it.

But when do the hawks or any NHL team give more than a generic comments.

What's any example of then giving any update injury wise like that. Hossa it was that way... all Toews's concussion of 2012 oh timetable expect him back.. and he didn't come back until the playoffs. Same with Kane. They just stay with one message and repeat it on and on.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I know that the Hawks like keeping things close to their chest, but holy ****.... it's pretty vexing to claim to have no updates on Crawford. The only way you don't have an update on someone months later is if they were in a coma and were still in a coma.

'No update' is the PR safe way of saying 'he's not getting better'.

Whether he's getting worse or not, is up in the air.

This team's history with head injuries is so sketchy, I'm frankly impressed they're not throwing him under the bus for being too soft and not 'workin tru da pain!'.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Even though the last time that happened they made him admit it.

But when do the hawks or any NHL team give more than a generic comments.

What's any example of then giving any update injury wise like that. Hossa it was that way... all Toews's concussion of 2012 oh timetable expect him back.. and he didn't come back until the playoffs. Same with Kane. They just stay with one message and repeat it on and on.

But all of those instances had a root cause and there was some inclination along the way what they were, even if only in the beginning. This has been an entirely different thing and as long as it's gone on isn't exactly a well kept secret in hockey or civic circles any longer.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
DeBrincat came into last season quicker than he’d be been the season prior and was quicker by the end of the season than he was at the start. His skating is plenty good to sustain what he’s done and will continue to do in the NHL.
some players need to utilize their speed every shift to be NHLers...a guy like Hino who is skilled, but without that speed really has a problem sticking in the NHL long term. whereas a player like DeBrincat who can absolutely skate out there doesn't need to utilize speed every shift, he has other skills/traits that will keep him up here long term. Cat's style of play is more cerebral assassin sniper stuff, the kid can fly when he wants to, plenty of tape out there that shows this, however he waits for others to lead rushes and hides back in the weeds ala Brett Hull...

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
some players need to utilize their speed every shift to be NHLers...a guy like Hino who is skilled, but without that speed really has a problem sticking in the NHL long term. whereas a player like DeBrincat who can absolutely skate out there doesn't need to utilize speed every shift, he has other skills/traits that will keep him up here long term. Cat's style of play is more cerebral assassin sniper stuff, the kid can fly when he wants to, plenty of tape out there that shows this, however he waits for others to lead rushes and hides back in the weeds ala Brett Hull...

I rarely use or like comps but he's the one I've used for DeBrincat when I've done it.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Toews made a comment last winter during a morning skate interview about Crawford and basically said CC would be back with the team and contributing “when he knew how to”. Well, that’s not a comment you make when somebody is dealing with a concussion or vertigo imo. Those issues are not something someone “knows how to do” re: getting rid of. That, to me, gave some inclination that its a lot less likely to be hockey related.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
What were people expecting Stan to say as far as Crawford goes? He said he expects Corey to be at camp and has no reason not to. I just don’t get what kind of answer people were expecting...

Reactions: ClydeLee

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Probably out of respect for Crawford they say much of nothing about what he’s dealing with if its off-ice.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Out of respect for fans spending 10s of millions of dollars supporting the team and are concerned about the team and Crawford, well they deserve no updates...

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
There is no update on Crawford because if they say he's done, then there will be less butts in seats. Simple as that. They're protecting their business interests. No doubt in my mind.

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
I would trade Saad and the 27 for Hamilton without hesitation. I would trade the #8 pick or Schmaltz for Hamilton straight up. Whoever said they wouldn't trade the Joker or Mitchell for him is crazy. We are hoping that Dobson, Bouchard, and Hughes become as good as Hamilton is right now if we draft one of them. Odds are they won't be as good of a player. Some people really overvalue draft choices. Most draftees do not live up to their potential.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
There is no update on Crawford because if they say he's done, then there will be less butts in seats. Simple as that. They're protecting their business interests. No doubt in my mind.
So they’re lying and saying they expect him to be ready for training camp when they know he’s done? Hot take straight out of the dollar bill playbook.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
anyone opposed for going after Derek Ryan - 2 years $5 mil total - perhaps???

guy plays solid pk, he plays center and wing, and would be a nice guy to float around the lineup...just a thought he played with Kane at times at the World Championships, dude played solid in all 3 zones...pretty underrated player IMO.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
The Chicago Blackhawks continue to talk to teams about taking on Marian Hossa’s contract. It’s believed there have been conversations with Ottawa, Arizona and Carolina about the concept of taking on a deal that carries a $5.75-million cap hit but pays the player only $1 million per season in real life for the next three seasons.
(per LeBrun)

Reactions: migi

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Out of respect for fans spending 10s of millions of dollars supporting the team and are concerned about the team and Crawford, well they deserve no updates...

HIPAA is the issue (in the USA at least, not sure about Canada). I get your point and don't think there is anything wrong with the view but laws are laws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad