2018-2019 AUS Thread

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
It's all well and good to chirp on here how UNB will score bunches, but what happens after Clapperton scores his 5th goal and does a celly in front of the SFX bench and some guy rams a stick down his throat?

Reactions: FreddtFoyle

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
I’ve been scarred too many times by X to think it will be a blowout...I wouldn’t be surprised if they made a game out of it, especially if they grab an early lead. Although, looking at the boxscore from last night’s game and it appears Acadia may have ran out of gas in the 3rd (outshot 18-4).

Drummer

Better Red than Dead
Mar 20, 2009
Freddy Beach, NB
www.vredshockey.com
Dubeau vs StFX and Parentau vs DAL. Lee-Knight is a good kid, but this is about stats and all-star status and winning these games, for each goalie, helps that happen. This is big-boy hockey, no need to slow down now. StFX, for good or bad, made their bed....

Win both - go for two shutouts and then rest for a week. The tough game, or what would have been the tough game, for Dubeau who is the #1 to get him ready for Round 2.

I'm pulling for UdeM - if they move into 3rd, StFX and ACD can not meet until the final and may just lose their 1st round matches and their seasons are done and this story dies faster.

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
SMU picked up the play in the 3rd. Scored a PP goal (how do they give a double minor for tripping) and were probably the better team in the period. Their 3rd goal was from poor D-zone coverage, IMO. I'm sure there were a few ACA guys playing more minutes than they're used to so tiredness may have been a factor. In any case, a good moral victory for ACA.

Prov1X

Feb 26, 2012
Fredericton NB
SMU picked up the play in the 3rd. Scored a PP goal (how do they give a double minor for tripping) and were probably the better team in the period. Their 3rd goal was from poor D-zone coverage, IMO. I'm sure there were a few ACA guys playing more minutes than they're used to so tiredness may have been a factor. In any case, a good moral victory for ACA.
A double minor tripping penalty is usually a slew foot I believe.
And I don't expect X to roll over and play dead for UNB.

freddy123

Jun 30, 2013
Fredericton
A double minor tripping penalty is usually a slew foot I believe.
And I don't expect X to roll over and play dead for UNB.

The double minor for tripping was two separate tripping calls. The first trip and then the same guy (Olson) tripped someone else on the delayed penalty. I thought it was going be a 5 on 3 powerplay at the time.

RED ARMY EAST

Feb 14, 2010
Freddy Beach,N.B.Canada
Just watched the video of last years brawl on Victor Findlay's twitter, between X and Acadia. It involves most of the same players who were involved in last weekends mess. Spears seems to be an instigator in both punch ups and I have seen his uncontrolled actions several times at the AUC.
Peds, Stewart, Burns and MacDonald all yapping during last years brawl that saw 6 suspensions handed out. X was losing both games 5-1 and 6-3.
Now, I think more than ever, the AUS needs to come down on these two programs.

RED ARMY EAST

Feb 14, 2010
Freddy Beach,N.B.Canada
Just watched the video of last years brawl on Victor Findlay's twitter, between X and Acadia. It involves most of the same players who were involved in last weekends mess. Spears seems to be an instigator in both punch ups and I have seen his uncontrolled actions several times at the AUC.
Peds, Stewart, Burns and MacDonald all yapping during last years brawl that saw 6 suspensions handed out. X was losing both games 5-1 and 6-3.
Now, I think more than ever, the AUS needs to come down on these two programs.

Although, I have been critical of Acadia's dealings with this matter, St FX are no angels here and have been instigators in both brawls from a neutral perspective. Yes, I get it, that they have been provoked, but have shown little discipline in my view, on the ice and on the bench.

RED ARMY EAST

Feb 14, 2010
Freddy Beach,N.B.Canada
I Know that. I was just using him as an example of what could wrong. I don't know why everyone takes me so literally.
Although, I have been critical of Acadia's dealings with this matter, St FX are no angels here and have been instigators in both brawls from a neutral perspective. Yes, I get it, that they have been provoked, but have shown little discipline in my view, on the ice and on the bench.

If X and Acadia meet in the first round, fans in Antigonish are going to be all over the Axemen.
In a best of 3, X would hold home ice advantage.:popcorn:

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
People will pack the rink, not just for the game, but for the spectacle. And they will go home disappointed because there is too much on the line for either of these teams to do anything stupid. I think the refs will keep a very short leash on both teams.

Reactions: Drummer

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
People will pack the rink, not just for the game, but for the spectacle. And they will go home disappointed because there is too much on the line for either of these teams to do anything stupid. I think the refs will keep a very short leash on both teams.

Not only that, but Hoyles/Reginato will still be out and I will be very surprised if Southam is playing.

ProjectAUS

Mar 6, 2011
Moncton, NB
My first thought after reading that...seems odd he would use those words given the past allegations against him.

The other issue is that he says he was was never made aware of Studnicka’s situation. After confirmed multiple situations between the two teams. That’s gotta be on Burns and Dickie. I agree that X looks bad but if they never told their players that’s so much worse.

Drummer

Better Red than Dead
Mar 20, 2009
Freddy Beach, NB
www.vredshockey.com
From left field (I'm being a bit sarcastic here, maybe...) - cancel the team's participation in the playoffs and merge them into one and send them to FISU as a penance for their actions. Force them to see the other player as a person, a brother, a teammate. Build bridges not walls. Turn a negative into a positive.

Probably kill each other, but sometimes the crazy ideas work.

[Three teams get a by; UNB, SMU & UdeM]
[UPEI & DAL play in the first round to determine team #4]
[UNB vs the winner of UPEI/DAL and SMU vs UdeM]

MiamiHockey

Sep 12, 2012
From left field (I'm being a bit sarcastic here, maybe...) - cancel the team's participation in the playoffs and merge them into one and send them to FISU as a penance for their actions. Force them to see the other player as a person, a brother, a teammate. Build bridges not walls. Turn a negative into a positive.

Probably kill each other, but sometimes the crazy ideas work.

[Three teams get a by; UNB, SMU & UdeM]
[UPEI & DAL play in the first round to determine team #4]
[UNB vs the winner of UPEI/DAL and SMU vs UdeM]

If the ADs came out with this idea, it would actually be brilliant. Given what we've seen, I'm not sure such enlightened thinking will emerge.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad