2018-2019 Around the league thread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Look who's working drive-thru at Tim Hortons here in Quebec city.

Never liked the guy but this is pretty damn sad (I'm not the one who took the pic).

Dude made 15M during his NHL career but got caught in all kinds of **** and lost everything.

xKMtklL.jpg

maybe ROR will run into him while he's there...

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Why doesn't he just become a TV analyst for like RDS, probably could make way more money that way?

They probably don't want to associate with him since he had serious off-ice issues (beat up someone in a parking lot, drugs, fraud, etc). Having psychological problems is a common theme with former enforcers unfortunately.

It's sad but on the other hand it's nice to see that he appears to get his shit together.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I thought the Stars might have a couple cracks at contending where everything sort of fell into place for 1-2 years: Seguin, Klingberg, and Radulov near the top of their games; Benn still quite effective before dropping off; Bishop providing solid goaltending; Perry and Pavelski still having enough in the tank for a couple seasons to provide secondary scoring; and a few youngsters, led by Heiskanen, hitting their early primes. It was inevitable Benn, Perry, and Pavelski would fall off hard at some point...but so far it looks like Benn is near done, Pavelski is done, and Perry, the worst of the bunch coming into the season, has managed 1 game and after just 31 games last season...might be done too. Appears they are now left with zero secondary scoring. Plenty of time to figure things out of course, but it's pretty ugly right now. Got to be a coaching change soon?

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
NHL.com Media Site

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

NEW YORK (October 17, 2019) – Vegas Golden Knights forward Valentin Zykovhas been suspended for 20 games, without pay, for violating the terms of the NHL/NHLPA Performance Enhancing Substances Program.

Under the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, the suspension is accompanied by mandatory referral to the NHL/NHLPA Program for Substance Abuse and Behavioral Health for evaluation and possible treatment.

The National Hockey League will have no further comment on this matter.

### (10/17/19)

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Weird to see a team come out publicly and tell everyone their player knowingly took a banned substance. Unlike the NFL where there are non-guaranteed contracts, I don't think they can do anything with his deal either if they wanted to so I don't see the benefit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad