Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Buffalo should now wait to see if some other coaches get the boot following their respective postseason exits. Paul Maurice and Peter Laviolette are in big trouble IMHO. Maurice is a good quick-fix guy but Laviolette has a fantastic track record. Very strange to me that things just don't seem to be coming together like they should in Nashville this season.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
But how realistic is it that Staal would have re-signed with the Wild after being traded? There are only a handful of instances I can recall of that happening.

Reactions: klozge

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
But how realistic is it that Staal would have re-signed with the Wild after being traded? There are only a handful of instances I can recall of that happening.

He wouldn't have. I thought I read that he was approached about possibly going elsewhere and politely asked not to be moved. Not like there would have been a ton of takers this year, definitely last year though.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
So he wouldn't resign but than he would if not traded? Obviously this is speculation but if he likes Minny than I would have traded him and risked resigning him. They need to rebuild anyways.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
So he wouldn't resign but than he would if not traded? Obviously this is speculation but if he likes Minny than I would have traded him and risked resigning him. They need to rebuild anyways.

That happens all the time....

You might have, but in Fenton's shoes... you have a solid #2C that you can keep around and is a leader on the team. Why risk losing that?

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
They wouldn't have gotten much for Staal in a down year production-wise. They made the right move keeping him. If they're still flailing come deadline time this upcoming season, then you deal him.

The Wylde probably have one, maybe two more seasons before age really sets in with Parise and Suter. May as well see what you can do in a rebuild-on-the-fly. Unfortunately Fenton, like his predecessor, has already made one egregious error with the Nino-for-Rask deal. That made the team demonstrably worse, gave them a center they didn't even need, and saddled them with a very bad contract of a marginal-at-best player who managed to miss the start of the season by cutting his hand open in the kitchen. I wouldn't count 'em out just yet but things sure seem kinda dim for them right now. I can't really muster a ton of sympathy though.

AvsFanInMichigan

“Thank you, thank you, thank you!”
Apr 16, 2018
Michigan
Stevie Y will have the Red Wings back in a couple years. I almost wish they were still in the West. I think there would be some good matchups between the Avs and them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad