2018-2019 Around the league thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
It may be an indictment of Chayka and the Arizona situation as well. Strome is breaking out in a different situation and Perlini is heating up with 10 goals now for Chicago. Max Domi has 24 goals and 62 points in 70 games with Montreal.
Asset management.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
How dare they prioritize the marketability of a multi-billion consumer entertainment business.

Since money >> game I can't wait until they start putting ads on players' jerseys and helmets. It looks so nice in Finland.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Does anyone else find it super weird the Coyotes have a mounted cam inside their locker room?? And they use it every broadcast.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I'm not jumping on the tank bandwagon but... I don't see playoffs happening anymore. I'll love it if they make it, but unless Arizona cools off I don't see us making enough ground on them to make it.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I'm not jumping on the tank bandwagon but... I don't see playoffs happening anymore. I'll love it if they make it, but unless Arizona cools off I don't see us making enough ground on them to make it.

Truth is...they deserve it way more than we do. Yotes are in playoff hunt mode and it shows...meanwhile this is our record in March:

HOaP0UI.png

What the f*** is that? Does it look like the record of a team fighting tooth and nail to make it?

Buffalo havent scored a goal in 3 games BTW. And Detroit is the 2nd worst team in the league (and we needed OT to beat them).

Edit: should have posted this in the playoff hopes thread but oh well...

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Good for Arizona if they make it. The Avs have the more talented roster, especially when you consider Arizona's injuries. Arizona has the better defense, but the Avs' offense has so much more top end talent...three 30 goal scorers, three guys over PPG, and two guys who have shots at hitting 100 points. Meanwhile, Arizona's leading scorer has 44 points, and he's the only guy on their team to break that 40 point barrier so far. We have 5 guys already over 40 points. MacKinnon and Rantanen have basically doubled the points of their leading scorer.

If the Avs can't make the playoffs with such absolutely elite forward talent then that's a bit of a joke that falls on our management and coaching. If Arizona can make it with scoring talent that inferior...well, that says something about good coaching and one hell of a determined roster. Much rather see that group in the playoffs than Minny, if the Avs aren't getting there.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
In remote hockey news, KHL is rumoured to be expanding to Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
If I could expand a giant sports league into a new country, I'd also choose the one with a federation founded in 2013. If the six-year-old national league had four teams and all of them were in one city, that'd be gravy.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Man...what are the Sabres gonna do this offseason? Housley is probably going to get fired but I don't think he's the problem. Botterill was given a complete mess by his predecessor and has made some of his own mistakes in the process. Not sure he's the guy moving forward, but I'm convinced the obviously hastily-done O'Reilly trade was the result of ownership just wanting the player gone. At some point the rich couple who are also busy running the Bills into the ground deserve the blame.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Man...what are the Sabres gonna do this offseason? Housley is probably going to get fired but I don't think he's the problem. Botterill was given a complete mess by his predecessor and has made some of his own mistakes in the process. Not sure he's the guy moving forward, but I'm convinced the obviously hastily-done O'Reilly trade was the result of ownership just wanting the player gone. At some point the rich couple who are also busy running the Bills into the ground deserve the blame.

Yeah...the Skinner trade kind of "saved" the ROR trade disaster but now with this mess Skinner might want to leave.

It's very, very hard to get rid of a long-time losing culture...look at the Oilers, Coyotes, Panthers, Avs (?).

Reactions: Pokecheque

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
I wonder why the Avs didn't draft Roope Hintz. I assume they would have had viewings of him due to him playing with Rantanen in his draft year. He's looking very good lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad