2018-2019 Around the league thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
Loathe P’burg, like those oversized helmet decals. A lot.

screen-shot-2019-02-22-at-4.png

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
That is sweet!

I guess I forgot those were their Stadium Series buckets, which they wore again tonight when they hosted Philly. I’m not necessarily advocating for college football levels of flash, but I’m in favor of teams getting a little more creative than white/team color + tiny team logo decal.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
Is Vegas being downplayed as a repeat Stanley Cup contender? I know I’ve gotten caught up with San Jose & Tampa, while Washington & Pittsburgh lurk in the EC.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Nah, they're practice jerseys.

To these, which of course look a lot better but I still don't like the number on the helmet.

cut.jpg

Having it only on one side is hilarious

Just reinforces why I'm not a fan of them anymore. That organization is drafting superstar luck wearing clown shoes.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
I thought the helmets looked really cool when they unveiled them but in actual game use it just looked like someone spilled orange and gold paint all over them. I suppose if you wish to be experimental with uniform designs, the Stadium Series is the time to do it. I don't mind that, I mind it when they get experimental during the Olympics and come up with cheap-ass plastic "laces" and bird wings on jerseys.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Watching Stone on an already good Vegas team just makes it hurt even more. He would've been the perfect addition to the Avs or really any team. Easily worth more than the $9.5M/yr it would've cost for a team in a state with taxes.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Watching Stone on an already good Vegas team just makes it hurt even more. He would've been the perfect addition to the Avs or really any team. Easily worth more than the $9.5M/yr it would've cost for a team in a state with taxes.

Vegas is 9-1 with Stone in the lineup. He'll be their first long-time captain.

Reactions: MacBradley

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003

Don't think Avs could have gotten him without putting Makar or OTT 1st on the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->