Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
This is the killer:

8RmF1hm.jpg

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Mcdavid has been in on something like 54% of Oilers goals. That’s one of the most ridiculous stats ever.

Remove Mcdavid and the Oilers are a fairly bad AHL team.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Mcdavid has been in on something like 54% of Oilers goals. That’s one of the most ridiculous stats ever.

Remove Mcdavid and the Oilers are a fairly bad AHL team.
You can make the case that if they didn't have McDavid, they could actually be built much better. Currently, they decided to throw all their beans in one pot with him and thought they could get by with less since they have him (Catch 22). As good as people think Crosby is, they have Malkin. For how good Toews intangibles are, they have Kane, and for how good Kings are with Kopitar, Doughty was steady on the backend shutting down top lines.

It's not all Connor though, Draisaitl is top 10 in NHL scoring.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
You can make the case that if they didn't have McDavid, they could actually be built much better. Currently, they decided to throw all their beans in one pot with him and thought they could get by with less since they have him (Catch 22). As good as people think Crosby is, they have Malkin. For how good Toews intangibles are, they have Kane, and for how good Kings are with Kopitar, Doughty was steady on the backend shutting down top lines.

It's not all Connor though, Draisaitl is top 10 in NHL scoring.
Leon Draisatil has been on the ice for 68 goals this season. 58 of them were with McDavid.

It is all Connor.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
If you use this same logic, then MacKinnon is a trash player since every goal he scores has to come off a play from Mikko Rantanen's stick.
Perhaps you're right. Maybe if they ever split up they'll both be awful.

Whether Mackinnon and Mikko suck or not, the fact still remains that Draisaitl has been a train wreck without McDavid on his line aside from 1 playoff series.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Perhaps you're right. Maybe if they ever split up they'll both be awful.

Whether Mackinnon and Mikko suck or not, the fact still remains that Draisaitl has been a train wreck without McDavid on his line aside from 1 playoff series.
Train wreck? More like the fact they work well together just as MacKinnon and Mikko do and Oilers have no wingers for Leon. This isn't to diminish McDavid, he's still scoring like 60% of their goals which without Draisaitl would probably be in the 80's.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Train wreck? More like the fact they work well together just as MacKinnon and Mikko do and Oilers have no wingers for Leon. This isn't to diminish McDavid, he's still scoring like 60% of their goals which without Draisaitl would probably be in the 80's.
Yes they do work very well together. I never said otherwise. I'm saying Leon isn't good away from Mcdavid.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
If they had any wingers worth a damn, perhaps Draisaitl could slip into that 2C spot without losing too much production. As it is now, the McDavid and Draisaitl duo is the only thing working there.

If Draisaitl is a 90+ point guy with McDavid he might be a 75+ guy away from him (with PP time with McDavid). Still a very good player.

Reactions: klozge and S E P H

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
You can make the case that if they didn't have McDavid, they could actually be built much better.
If Peter Chiarelli simply did nothing instead of thinking he's some genius and trying to build the Big Bad Bruins in Edmonton, the Oilers would be a much better team.

Chiarelli is without a doubt the worst GM of the salary cap era.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
The G.Reinhart for 16th overall and 32nd overall pick might be the worst trade in the cap era for several reasons.

First because Oilers made the trade based on Bob Greens (Reinharts WHL GM) recommendation while any scout worth his damn would know Reinhart wasn't trending well at all and foot speed was a major issue. Oilers always had this weird thing for Oil Kings players to start with.

Second because all the talent that was available at #16. Not only Barzal but Connor and Chabot were also there. When Barzal and Connor dropped, that's when you say thank you and pick one of them. Missing on Chabot might be ok, because a lot of people did.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Hitch might've said screw the CBA and put the Oilers through a six hour bag skate tomorrow if they didn't come out like this tonight. He was heated after that Kings disaster yesterday.

Reactions: dahrougem2

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
The hell is happening to the Ducks? 7 losses in a row and now trailing 3-0 to the Oilers.

They still own the last wildcard spot though..man the west is weak this year.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Zuccarello sounds pretty rough in this interview with Brooks here
“I mean, I’m a professional and have a responsibility to the team and my teammates. It’s been hard. I let it get to me. I need to let go of it and get back to being the Zukey everyone knows. I thought actually that it was a little bit better that way in this game for me, but obviously not close to being enough.”
“People can say that I’m making enough money [$4.5 million] that I shouldn’t let any of this affect me, but I’m sorry, I have been here for nine years, and I am human,” said Zuccarello, who has 14 points (four goals, 10 assists) overall. “I know I have a job to do, and I am going to do my best for as long as I’m here. I don’t want to let anyone down.”
“The last few weeks I have been too emotional about it,” Zuccarello said. “It’s a tough situation, but it’s also no excuse for me. It is what it is. I know that.”

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad