Status
Not open for further replies.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto

LOL

I know it sucks when a good player leaves, but they should remember how dysfunctional their team was during Tavares years, not to mention the problems with Arenas etc. Too many problems and no great future (at least that's how it looked).

The same thing with Duchene, although he loved Colorado when he first came here, at the end things didn' work out. Why would you stay in a place where things clearly don't work out? It would be god damn suicide.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
The Wild are surpassing my expectations for competitive play, given their recent trades. They do not appear to be as strong on paper as in prior seasons. Losing Granlund, Neiderreiter, and Coyle to trades and losing Dumba and Koivu to injury. They brought in Donato, Rask, and Fiala, but Rask has been injured.

Reactions: MacBradley

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
The Wild are surpassing my expectations for competitive play, given their recent trades. They do not appear to be as strong on paper as in prior seasons. Losing Granlund, Neiderreiter, and Coyle to trades and losing Dumba and Koivu to injury. They brought in Donato, Rask, and Fiala, but Rask has been injured.
That's the power of good coaching. Being Avs fans we don't know this kind of thing.

Edit: Correction. We know it but we fear it according to way too many posters here.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
On one hand, the Isles have been mismanaged for so long I don't blame JT for leaving and playing for the team he's always dreamed of playing for. That's his choice.

On the other hand, the Isles wanted to know at the deadline if he was gonna stay or not, otherwise they were trading him and he convinced them not to deal him away, thereby losing him for nothing. And I don't believe him when he says it was a tough decision. It wasn't.

But what's done is done. Fans can do what they want. If you want to boo him, boo him. The line gets crossed when you do shit like what Kings fans did and heckle Rob Blake's wife.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The Islanders could have traded Tavares to Toronto with an 8 year deal in hand if they wanted to, but Lou elected not to. So, it shouldn't be on Tavares that he left the Isles with nothing. The Isles (both Snow and Lou) had a part in it.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Islanders fans act like Tavares played them for a fool.

If the Islanders didn't absolutely suck for like, 95% of Tavares' tenure there, I'm guessing he might have been more inclined to re-sign.

Reactions: Avs_19

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
For all the good Charles Wang did to fight like hell to keep the Islanders in New York, he's also the guy who hired Neil Smith, fired Neil Smith within a month when he refused to sign Rick DiPietro to a gaudy 15-year contract, hired Garth Snow to replace him when Snow was STILL technically an active player, and then ended up having to buy out that massive contract in payments that'll last an even more absurd amount of time.

It's quite something when you think about it--Garth Snow, a guy who had precisely ZERO experience as a general manager or coach or anything prior to taking over the New York Islanders, managed to hoodwink Harvard-educated lawyer Peter Chiarelli not once, but twice.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
For all the good Charles Wang did to fight like hell to keep the Islanders in New York, he's also the guy who hired Neil Smith, fired Neil Smith within a month when he refused to sign Rick DiPietro to a gaudy 15-year contract, hired Garth Snow to replace him when Snow was STILL technically an active player, and then ended up having to buy out that massive contract in payments that'll last an even more absurd amount of time.

It's quite something when you think about it--Garth Snow, a guy who had precisely ZERO experience as a general manager or coach or anything prior to taking over the New York Islanders, managed to hoodwink Harvard-educated lawyer Peter Chiarelli not once, but twice.
The Islanders are paying DiPietro until 2029 :laugh:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I've got no issue with booing and chanting stuff at a former player but the people throwing plastic snakes and jerseys at him should be thrown out or at the very least smacked around by some large security personnel.

Reactions: Gigantor The Goalie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad