2018-2019 Around the league thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I WISH Tavares would go full-on WWE heel mode in this game. Score a goal and just skate to centre while grabbing the Leafs logo the entire time, rubbing it in the faces of those fans.
Scrum in the corner of the Islanders net. JT and Matthews sees Barzal skating towards them to help out Josh Bailey they slowly back away. Matthew Barzal lightly pushes away Tim Peele and puts a leg drop across Baileys face revealing himself as the third man.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
19 goals. I like his overall game. Did they draft him?

7th round pick a few years back. The numbers could be inflated a bit because of who he plays with but he's still good. Another player having a career season on an expiring contract.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The Countdown has Begun to his inevitable trade request. Especially if all they end up doing is promote Keith Gretzky to full time GM.
Lol there is no doubt in my mind that the next GM of the Oilers is going to be Keith Gretzky and the next Head Coach of the Oilers is going to be Glen Gulutzan.

The Oilers are the Cleveland Browns of the NHL.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I don't disagree, but Islander fans also have the right to boo him severely tonight as well.

I get the fan reaction... but to me, the big fault was in the Islanders not building a proper team around Tavares before it was too late. Hoping the same doesn’t happen here with MacKinnon....

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Yeah the snake thing is over the line. Islander fans are crazy, love it though.

The whole reaction from Isles fans was ridiculous. He didn't sign with your team because it's a gong show and it sucks. Get over it and place your anger on those that made it that.

Bunch of losers in that arena. That's how losers react. Bet 99% of them didn't follow the team when they were actually good.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I don't care what you think of the Tavares / Isles situation, this arena atmosphere is fantastic. League needs more arenas / games with this sort of passion. Infinitely better than a bunch of stiffs in suits. You can tell it's really invigorating the Isles players too, they are really getting into it.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I don't care what you think of the Tavares / Isles situation, this arena atmosphere is fantastic. League needs more arenas / games with this sort of passion. Infinitely better than a bunch of stiffs in suits. You can tell it's really invigorating the Isles players too, they are really getting into it.

Definitely have to hand it to the fans staying that loud the whole game

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I think they're making him out to be the scapegoat when it's a lot more complex than that. They f***ed around for the majority of his time there until the last minute when they finally made a last ditch effort to convince him to stay. And it wasn't like he was plotting/stringing them along the whole time, it was a last minute decision.

That said, if players doing this brings more passion to buildings I'm for it :laugh: few things sound as good as an electric crowd.

Also, listening to 31 thoughts podcast.. says that there's people who are fighting for ads on jerseys but the biggest one fighting against it? Bettman.

Last edited:
Reactions: xpatriatedtexan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad