2018-19 Utica Comets, Pt. V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Get it out over your own blueline and get it deep at the opposing blueline. Hockey 101.

TV TO 9:37

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
It's tied again already. 4-4

This group cannot play Katy-Bar -The-Door.

Comets are running around and the Tigers are pushing hard.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Cory Hergott had quite the debate on this subject last night.

**** Hergott 3,000 miles away in Vancouver.The only so called top prospects still here at the moment are dahlen, Lind and gadjovich.

Dahlen is coming on.
Lind needs another year.
Gadjovich is way off the mark.
Chatfield was a dream.
McEneny only has 1 and 1/2 legs.
Sautner just keeps getting injured.

Who else is he talking about?

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Bernier takes down Kulbakov as the puck went up the ice. Bernier gets 2 for goalie interference.

Comets to the PP in the last 2 and 1/2.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Turnover at the blueline and a breakaway for the Tigers, but Ivan comes up huge!!!!!!

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
**** Hergott 3,000 miles away in Vancouver.The only so called top prospects still here at the moment are dahlen, Lind and gadjovich.

Dahlen is coming on.
Lind needs another year.
Gadjovich is way off the mark.
Chatfield was a dream.
McEneny only has 1 and 1/2 legs.
Sautner just keeps getting injured.

Who else is he talking about?
How has Gaudette been?

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
OT, Comets with a point. At least 5 out of 6 on the weekend.

This is the Tigers' 16th OT this season!

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Bridgeport scores and it's 5-4 Tigers in OT

I tag Boucher with this one. He tried to force a pass across the blueline. It was picked.
2 Tigers broke out 2 on 1 and the second to join the break was Boucher's man and he did not push his ass to chase and the guy he could have covered got the pass and scored the winner. That's the main reason Green doesn't like him. He only pushes in one direction.

Last edited:

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Rats. Only a single point for Utica.

The Marlies are down by one after two periods, at home to Belleville. A Toronto regulation loss there would still make it a good afternoon for the Comets.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Don't follow Cull's roster deployment all that closely, but the guys he uses out there in OT leave you scratching your head...Schenn? McEneny; even Boucher and Gaunce. None of them really with great wheels three-on-three. And once they turn the puck over, look out.

Where were the guys who can actually skate? Dahlen, Lind or Gaudette up front, or Chatfield and Sautner on the blueline. Deploying guys with cement skates in OT makes no sense to me. But then I guess the guy behind the bench feels he had his reasons.

But what's he actually playing for...a tie and a shootout?

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Final score Bridgeport 5 Utica 4 in OT

SOG:
Comets - 7 14 11 1 - 33
Tigers - 13 5 10 4 - 32

PP:
Comets - 2/4
Tigers - 0/2

Kero (18) from Boucher (25) and McEneny (19) PP
Schenn (1U+2SD) from Dahlen (13) and Gadjovich (5) PP
Dahlen (14) from Woods (6) and Darcy (8)
Gaunce (15) from Pyatt (6) SH

Kulbakov 27/32

3 Stars:
1 - Tanner Fritz (1G)
2 - Travis Denis (1G/1A)
3 - Otto Koivula (1G/1A)

All 3 from the Bridgeport Sound
Jonathan Dahlen of the Comets (1G/1A)

Utica finished the 3 in 3 weekend with 5 of 6 points. They came from behind in all 3 games to get their points and scored 14 goals on the weekend. They defeated the #1 team in the North Division, lost in OT to the #2 team in the Atlantic Division, and defeated the Atlantic's team in the exact same position as themselves tied for 3rd. No complaints here.

Last edited:

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Don't follow Cull's roster deployment all that closely, but the guys he uses out there in OT leave you scratching your head...Schenn? McEneny; even Boucher and Gaunce. None of them really with great wheels three-on-three. And once they turn the puck over, look out.

Where were the guys who can actually skate? Dahlen, Lind or Gaudette up front, or Chatfield and Sautner on the blueline. Deploying guys with cement skates in OT makes no sense to me. But then I guess the guy behind the bench feels he had his reasons.

But what's he actually playing for...a tie and a shootout?

I'll give you Gaudette and maybe Dahlen, but not together.

Chatfield is the last guy I'd put out there. He is an offensive black hole.

Like you some in Vancouverhave passed on the belief that the prospects sent here this season are fast. Well, either they have had their wings clipped or you are wrong. The Comets have to be one of the slowest teams in the AHL. They have hasd countless breaks every game this year that fall apart because they get caught up to from behind and the rush or breakaway gets caught from behind. Gaudette has been a poster child for this issue.

So many Comets fans have said, I thought these kids were supposed to be fast. How come they haven't shown it. You have another one on his way to Vancouver in MacEwen. Chatfield shows some wheels without the puck when skating to cut off an attacker. With the puck he loses at least one step if not 2. Sautner is not fast. The main knock against the Comets D is the lack of speed. Graham may be the fastest, but he is a terrible defender.

Last edited:

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
I'll give you Gaudette and maybe Dahlen, but not together.

Chatfield is the last guy I'd put out there. He is an offensive black hole.

Everyone in Vancouver believes the prospects sent here this season are fast. Well, either they have had their wings clipped or you are wrong. The Comets have to be one of the slowest teams in the AHL. They have hasd countless breaks every game this year that fall apart because they get caught up to from behind and the rush or breakaway gets caught from behind. Gaudette has been a poster child for this issue.

So many Comets fans have said,I thought these kids were supposed to be fast. How come they haven't shown it. You have another one on his way to Vancouver in MacEwen. Chatfield shows some wheels without the puck when skating to cut off an attacker. With the puck he loses at least one step if not 2. Sautner is not fast. The main knock against the Comets D is the lack of speed. Graham may be the fastest, but he is a terrible defender.
Don’t recall anyone with a brain claiming these prospects are fast
Gaudette has always been an okay skater
Lind’s skating has always been his biggest weakness
Dahlen was never praised for his skating ability either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad