2018-19 Utica Comets, Pt. V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
A very mistake-prone player

I have made several assessments of Chatfield mentioning this fault among others, but Johnson has continually done his Peanuts teacher blah-blah about how great he has been developing and Benning has then echoed his praises and a Canucks Army article did likewise. Makes you wonder exactly what they think a defenseman should look like.

However, watching the Canucks defense play makes one ask the same question. There have not been a lot of really high promising D-prospects in this organization since they arrived here. I don't count Hutton and Stecher since they made it at the start and thus the prospect label was gone very quickly. It would be like saying Bo, Boeser, and Petey were still prospects after a couple of weeks.

When I say prospects I am thinking of guys sent to the farm to hone their game since they are NOT NHL players at the moment, like Sautner, McEneny, Cassels, Carcone, MacEwen, Brisebois, Chatfield, Juolevi, Dahlen, Jasek, Lind, and Gadjovich. There is a wide array of talent in that bunch from very promising to highly unlikely. You arrange them how you think they play out. The majority of these guys are or will be AHL players, but not successful NHL players. I know where I put Chatty as of today. He still has time and we know "defensemen take longer to develop", but I think it's obvious why every NHL team passed on him in his draft eligible seasons.

Last edited:
Reactions: timw33

go comets

Jul 10, 2013
A very mistake-prone player

A very frustrating player.... the thought process lags far behind his skating.

He had one shift just last week where a puck went in off his skate (stuff happens) but then on the same shift he gets beat wide like he was 9 months pregnant...... on a 2nd goal against....

Cranial cramps, Mental Midget... call it what you want...... not even sure why he dresses every game some nights.....

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
How do Comets fans fell about Trent Cull? There is some discussion/concern here in Vancouver among the media that the youth are not getting opportunities in the name of "winning."

Reactions: Red

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
How do Comets fans fell about Trent Cull? There is some discussion/concern here in Vancouver among the media that the youth are not getting opportunities in the name of "winning."
Vancouver media knows absolutely nothing about Utica

Guys like Lind, Gadjovich and Jasek are simply not good enough yet to handle top 6 role in the ahl

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
3-1 after the 2nd period, Laval scored a PP deflection goal in the last minute after the second penalty of the game to goon goalie Leighton. Three penalties called on the goalies already.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Just got home - 4-1 Comets.

Three stars:

Jasek
Gadjovich
Leighton

Gadjovich was nursing a hand when he came out - late scrap I understand. Hopefully he is okay. He has been greatly improved of late as I have mentioned before. Seems comfortable now. I'll have to catch the replay later...

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Dahlen was the only Comets forward without a shot on goal.

Utica is now two points up on Toronto in the standings. Toronto has two games in hand.

Winning %
Toronto 580
Utica 577

There's obviously lots of hockey left, but Utica is looking good for the third or fourth spot in the division when it all shakes down.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

go comets

Jul 10, 2013
Utica wins 4-1, McEneny scored the 4th on a one-timer, and Gadjovich got into a fight in the final minute and left to the roars of the crowd as though he was a Hanson Brother.

Both players looked good. Gadjovich has improved his skating and finally got involved. The bad news is it was against the worst team in the league...

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
@utica fans

How much are jerseys locally? I kinda want to order a saucerman jersey but it's 165 USD plus shipping and taxes on the store

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->