Oct 12, 2008
MacEwen Is ready for a NHL stint.
Stop screwing around and give the kid his opportunity that he’s earned

Reactions: Cupless44

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
MacEwen Is ready for a NHL stint.
Stop screwing around and give the kid his opportunity that he’s earned

Completely agree. Big, tough, good hands, has improved skating...has totally worked hard, improved and developed. Completely more worth while to give ice time more than Schaller, Granlund, Eriksson, Motte

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Agree that it's high time MacEwen gets called up. Green likes his "big, heavy forwards" - or at least that's what he says every time a wild Schaller makes an appearance - so one would assume he'd love to have a big, heavy, talented forward like MacEwen to work with.

As unlikely as the scenario is, I'd love to see the Canucks try and find a taker for Granlund at the deadline (maybe someone would give up a 6th rounder for some forward depth?), and then call up MacEwen as a reward for his hard work.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Hope this report pans out - thanks for the tip.

Guessing Baertschi being out long term is the motivating factor.
I'm really hoping MacEwen sticks since this team is desperate to add size.

If he succeeds it probably mitigates the chance that management throws a stupid contract at Ferland.
If he fails to impress it probably means management will throw a stupid contract at Ferland.

Clinton Comets EHL

Feb 18, 2014
Dahlen is where he needs to be right now. He’s become more consistent offensively of late, but his continued overall development is best served in Utica at this time.
Certainly he has improved and with 13 goals, he has a very good shot at 20 in his rookie AHL season.

That being said, you are correct...he needs to be in Utica....at this stage it would be a big fail in Vancouver. let him cook down here.

Reactions: UticaHockey

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
They've just posted the Utica lineup and MacEwen is not in it so I think we can safely assume he's on his way for his first taste of NHL regular season-- and NHL paycheques. Good for him, he deserves the shot.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Sounds like you all got your wish. Heard he got the call on the bus last night.

If true, and I see no reason why to doubt you, I would guess he plays in Bridgeport this afternoon, returns to Utica, packs up, Comets personnel drives him to the airport, and he ships out.

Hope he doesn't get the normal call-up results------Pressbox!

Brisebois has been with them on his current call-up thru 3 games and this is his 2nd call-up and he has not played in a game.

Boucher got a short call and played in 1 of 2 Vancouver games before his return.

Kero was called up and did not play.

Chatfield got a call and did not play.

Before his trade Archi got 3 games and played one in a short stint and was immediately recalled for 17 more in which he got 8 more.

Gaunce got the longest recall, 10/20-11/22 and the Canucks played 17 games form those dates and Gaunce got 3 games and recorded 3 points.

That's 6 guys called up and only guys who have played games there before got some more on call-ups this season with Archi getting the most before being traded. Gaunce seems to have been shunned considering 3 points in three games played over the course of 17 games played by the Canucks while he was there. That's for another time.

Now, MacEwen.

4 1st time call-ups.

I recognize they called these guys up just in case, but if you really want to see how a guy has progressed what does it hurt to throw them out there for a game? Mac has a lot of flaws mixed in with the good he does. Eager to see how Green deals with those flaws. Not sure if some of the good he gets out of the negative things he does repeatedly will be acceptable to Travis.

******** EDIT

It's been posted on AHL.com. He has officially been recalled. Not sure if he was on the bus in the parking lot and got off or if he was on his way to Bridgeport. Joe will give us the skinny on that one in just a minute I am sure. Comets scheduled to play at 3 pm EST.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
MacEwen could probably use a few Canuck practices first. They have B2B's on the road Wed & Thu, the Thu game seems like a good place for him to debut.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
2/10/19

Utica Comets at Bridgeport Sound Tigers

Gadjovich/Hamilton/Arseneau
Pyatt/Kero/Boucher
Gaunce/Gaudette/Lind
Dahlen/Woods/Darcy

LeBlanc/Sifers
Sautner/Schenn
McEneny/Chatfield

What a mishmash this forward group is.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Comets trail 1-0.

Utica looks like crap. Icing the puck more than any other play.

Longish bus ride into the wee hours of the night. Short sleep and out for an afternoon game. Have to be lagging at the moment. Can't let this one get out of hand in the first if they are going to have a chance.

Bridgeport was home last night.

All the Offense is coming from the Tigers and Ivan is holding fort thus far.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Bancks is out with an injury from last night and Mac on recall.

The Comets are playing all 3 slug centers, one on the wing and Gaunce out on the wing as well. Gadjovich and Arseneau forced into the lineup as the Comets are playing every healthy forward they have save one - Jasek, he sits for Gadjovich. Hamilton replaces MacEwen and Arseneau is in for Bancks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad