2018-19 UEFA Europa League

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Anderlecht getting dominated by Dinamo Zagreb in their own stadium

I'm far from a Dinamo fan, but they have the best team they've had in years, with a competent manager (or at least it's looking like it so far).

They've also got Dani Olmo, a Spanish kid who I hope they manage to get to play for Croatia (arrived in Zagreb from Barca at 16), got called up for Spain U-21. So, time running out to get him.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Brutal call from the linesmen... clear goal taken away from Betis. Should be 2-0.

Also, sidenote Bako has been horrendous.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Brutal call from the linesmen... clear goal taken away from Betis. Should be 2-0.

Also, sidenote Bako has been horrendous.
Bakoyoko has been the worst player on the pitch in every single game he's played for Milan. Every. Single. Game.

f***ing send him back to Chelsea Leonardo. This guy isn't even good enough to be a bench player for the Primavera squad. Hell, he'd barely be good enough to start for my mens league team and we suck.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Bakoyoko has been the worst player on the pitch in every single game he's played for Milan. Every. Single. Game.

****ing send him back to Chelsea Leonardo. This guy isn't even good enough to be a bench player for the Primavera squad. Hell, he'd barely be good enough to start for my mens league team and we suck.

And to think Lo Celso was right there to be taken. :)

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Official did his best to make the end of the game a complete joke :laugh:

Missing the head to head and then somehow giving Arsenal a throw at the end.

Either way Arsenal clearly deserved the 3 points.

Reactions: bluesfan94

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Stoppage time was 5 minutes 2 mins into that they changed it to 6 mins... never seen that before.

Samu gets red carded after trying to kill Lo celso. Out frustration but he should be suspended for 3 games I hope.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Dinamo Zagreb looks like for once they will play in Europe past Christmas, they only need to win one of their final three matches and two of them are at home.

Betis looked impressive against Milan

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Couldn't watch the match, but RLC with a hat trick is wonderful and I really love how Sarri is using Europa League to rotate the squad effectively.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Not watching the game but he has been horrible so far this year.

Yeah, I didn't think he'd be great. Roma fans were of course outraged over the sale because that's what they do , but Nzonzi is a superior player based on what I've seen thus far.

Glad we sold Kevin for that fee while we still could. I'm not sure anyone else would've paid that much for him ; the Garcia connection really worked in Roma's favour.

Ligue 1 is fast and physical , and Strootman just isn't that kind of player anymore.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Genk with a dominant win at Besiktas. Scored 4 and honestly, they could have scored 8 and it would've been well deserved

Standard struggled against Krasnodar who were the better team for most of the game but somehow won on a 92th minute header on a corner kick

Anderlecht were up 2-0 at home against a very mediocre Fenerbahce side and basically gave away the win thanks to some stupid mistakes. That's actually the story of their season so far

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Stoppage time was 5 minutes 2 mins into that they changed it to 6 mins... never seen that before.

Samu gets red carded after trying to kill Lo celso. Out frustration but he should be suspended for 3 games I hope.

I think Castellajo was robbed of a PK earlier, clear foul, so it's kind of understandable he was frustrated. All in all, the ref had a poor game for both sides.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
how'd Strootman look?

To be honest I was working and only half-watching, but basically everyone on OM looked pretty awful for most of the game last night (like seriously constant passes that were like three metres off) so I imagine he was no exception

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Strootman looked alright. Had a great through ball which resulted in a goal, but he's not the feisty, powerful two way gamer he was before. Injuries really have taken a toll on him, but he's still a quality player, especially for Marseille in the bits I've seen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad