2018-19 UEFA Europa League

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Caught bits and pieces of the Celtic match. Not sure what Rodgers was waiting for bringing on Griffiths so late. I'd have kept Edouard on too, but it all worked out in the end.

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
The Arsenal ran rampart yesterday that they decided to give a team two freebees on sure sorriness. I don't even know what team we played yesterday, but they probably all retired after yesterday's game.

You've firmly adopted the arrogant English mindset of "every other nation is a pub league" I see.

Reactions: All Might

maclean

Jan 4, 2014

He laughs when I ask how the witch-doctor’s spell can be broken. “The only way is to urinate on all four posts. I’ve done two but I got caught going down Anfield Road and removed. That’s when Liverpool came second [in 2014]. If we don’t win the title this season I’m going down Anfield Road and doing those two other posts.”

:amazed:

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I was just about to say that Arsenal needs to score another before I'm comfortable and then ESR goes ahead and does it. Assisted from Iwobi, The academy might actually be producing again.

Reactions: robertmac43

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Anderlecht getting dominated by Dinamo Zagreb in their own stadium

Lot of problems for them so far this season, even if they're still in 3rd place in the Belgian league (because they beat some bad teams early on), in the weekend they played out a scoreless draw at home against a midtable team despite being a man up for about 70 minutes. They were booed off the field by their fans and after the game the coach called out those fans which turned the whole situation even more into a circus. They have a new owner since the end of last season (he previously owned Oostende, a smaller D1 team) and realised many transfers in the summer, but now it seems he mostly bought Oostende-caliber players instead of true title contending quality reinforcements.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
How the hell did Bakayoko secure a big money move to Chelsea? He's legitimately the worst midfielder I've seen play for Milan and I've watched Montolivo, Muntari, Mauri, and Bertolacci in the last couple years. Guy looks like he should be playing sunday league.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Was it ever in doubt?

But honestly fun to see Smith Rowe and Guendouzi get a goal. Keep the positive momentum going boys.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
soft penalty for Villarreal in the 95th minute saves them in Moscow, thrilling 3:3 draw

Marseille blew a two goal lead in Cyprus

Sporting scored twice in the 90th minute to beat Vorskla

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Okay somebody needs to help me because seeing all this B/R stuff is blowing my mind. I know it's part of the new TV deal, but does B/R really stand for Bleach Report or something else?

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Okay somebody needs to help me because seeing all this B/R stuff is blowing my mind. I know it's part of the new TV deal, but does B/R really stand for Bleach Report or something else?

Yea, B/R Live is under Bleacher Report. Thus far I'd describe their coverage and technical implementation as terrible.

Reactions: Gecklund

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yea, B/R Live is under Bleacher Report. Thus far I'd describe their coverage and technical implementation as terrible.
Wow that even blows my mind even more how essentially a blog website like Bleacher Report got the rights to the CL and Europa in America. I know it was for a boatload of money compared to what Fox Sports was paying for it, but it still blows my mind. Doesn't Turner Network own/have like a million more channels besides TNT and the random local Spanish?

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Wow that even blows my mind even more how essentially a blog website like Bleacher Report got the rights to the CL and Europa in America. I know it was for a boatload of money compared to what Fox Sports was paying for it, but it still blows my mind. Doesn't Turner Network own/have like a million more channels besides TNT and the random local Spanish?

Yes they do. They're trying to get people to buy a B/R soccer package for $80.

So they're not putting games on tv as frequent, trying to force people into paying.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Yes they do. They're trying to get people to buy a B/R soccer package for $80.

So they're not putting games on tv as frequent, trying to force people into paying.

Bleacher report isn't even a good sports website so it's crazy how they have these rights. I wouldn't pay if it was on Fox, ESPN or NBCSN so definitely not paying for below average sports coverage. I'll keep watching on telemundo or whatever the channel is and get some Spanish lessons while I'm at it. I also like that they have more diverse teams, I see Arsenal and Chelsea enough in the EPL don't need to see their backups in midweek.

Ducks76

Oct 15, 2017
Good week by german teams. After 2 Gamedays(CL+EL) 9 wins 3 remis and 2 loss by Bundesliga-Teams.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Bad week for French teams not named PSG
Not sure what your obsession is, but Lyon had a great second half too.
Monaco was a surefire losing game, while Bordeaux has no business being in Europe given their player/coaching movement.
OM is the only disappointing one so far.

Lyon's still leading the toughest CL group.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I found it odd that B/R got the rights, but I bought the package and don't regret. I think you can catch pretty much every match via replay (don't quote me on that) and some live of course. I figured I'd be able to find Barça matches for free via replay, but this was more convenient and I'll continue to watch other matches including the Europa League. You also get the SPL to some degree and the BVB show which has weekly episodes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->