Speculation: 2018-19 Trade Rumors Thread

1-10?

• Total voters

imjustzach

May 9, 2018
I'm just going to chime in and that I agree that Rowney was brought in for a very specific purpose. Ennis might be a better overall player, honestly I don't watch or know enough to judge him but what I do know is the Rowney was 3rd among forwards on Pit on PK TOI/game. Meaning he can take those minutes away from guys like Getzlaf. It's a way for RC to help spread out his minutes. Its actually very similar to the way Marchant was used ar the end of his career. It's probably also not unreasonable to conclude that a good PKer can likely give you safe minutes which is exactly what RC wants crom his 4th line. To me it sounds like Rowney fits to a T of what the org is looking for fron the 4 line center/winger. From what I've gathered from some of the comments is that Ennis is more of a scorer who isn't quite good enough to be top 6. Sounds a lot like a Peter Holland. Not good enough to be a true offensive threat that it outweighs the deffensive shortcomings. You go sign the player you need, which isn't necessarily the most skilled player available. If he works out great if not hes a 13th forward making just north of an ELC. Term is questionable sure but I think its a fair assumption that there were other interested parties that caused the increase in money/term. Just my 2cents.

I have to think that this must be the case. While it feels strange to me that Rowney was given a 3yr contract north of 1m AAV, there must have been a reason (or at least one would like to think. Never know with GMBM lol). The one thing that stands out for him is his ridiculously lopsided dzs%. Even if he can't produce offensively, if he can be a pseudo-cogs and eat up PK time from our other forwards, I'm all for it.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Bobby Ryan has a bad history here (off-ice) and was traded so we wouldn't have to endure the contract he was about to sign.

What a weird run he had here. Started off at the tail end of one era of prominence and left just as another was starting, now his numbers being retired for someone else. Guy scored over 30 four years in a row and hes gonna be pretty much forgotten, that's wild man.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
What a weird run he had here. Started off at the tail end of one era of prominence and left just as another was starting, now his numbers being retired for someone else. Guy scored over 30 four years in a row and hes gonna be pretty much forgotten, that's wild man.
Two really sad aspects of that are how awesome he was in his first couple years and how his legacy as the highest pick in Ducks history will always be that we missed Crosby.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Bobby Ryan has a bad history here (off-ice) and was traded so we wouldn't have to endure the contract he was about to sign.

Never heard of his off ice issues but didn't think a trade was possible anyway. Was just looking at players who had a similar caphit and length to see what might make sense in trading Ryan. Was thinking that if Kesler wasn't insured it might be beneficial to get someone who can play for that same hit and money. Trading Ryan is going be tough for sure.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Two really sad aspects of that are how awesome he was in his first couple years and how his legacy as the highest pick in Ducks history will always be that we missed Crosby.

This and how upset a lot were we did not take Jack Johnson.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I doubt he will be forgotten. I think the prime time of RPG line will remain well in the minds of fans, at least mine.
4 consecutive 30 goal seasons are nice but it`s not ''we`ll retire or honor your number'' nice. So I think it is pretty fair of what he will be remembered. He wasn`t a 2 way threat at all so what he will remembered will be ''a good scorer''

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Not to be “that guy” but I knew Ryan, somewhat anyway, and I can tell you he had off ice issues but they weren’t necessarily related to Anaheim. The only off ice issue with Anaheim was he and Carlyle didn’t get along, at all.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Sorry, folks. I don't mean to intrude, just wanted to ask what Bruin's fans can realistically expect from Chris Wagner? Local kid, but I rarely got to see him play with you guys being on the West Coast. I know he was second in hits for F's last year in the league and supposedly brings some sandpaper, but more info would be greatly appreciated.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Sorry, folks. I don't mean to intrude, just wanted to ask what Bruin's fans can realistically expect from Chris Wagner? Local kid, but I rarely got to see him play with you guys being on the West Coast. I know he was second in hits for F's last year in the league and supposedly brings some sandpaper, but more info would be greatly appreciated.
He hits a lot, and he hits hard... great on the forecheck... I don't recall him being an issue in his own end... showed a little offensive upside when we had our injury problems early in the year. I actually liked him a lot as a 4th liner.... and I don't think hes much more than a 4th liner.. but he def knows his role.

A lot of hits are like this, he has a good center of gravity and I think catches people off guard with the power he brings when he hits.

Always enjoy watching lucic get destroyed

Reactions: GloryDaze4877
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Wags problem was consistency. He can have a major impact on a game with his physicality (he's got a bit of finish, too) but he had a tough time sustaining that intensity.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Wags problem was consistency. He can have a major impact on a game with his physicality (he's got a bit of finish, too) but he had a tough time sustaining that intensity.

yeah, basically Wagner played himself off the team and the NYI didn't see anything impressive enough to keep him either. At his best, he is a 4th line grinder who will show flashes of competence followed by long periods of absolutely nothing.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Hey guys - Sens fan. So this Neidermayer jersey retirement announcement has me pondering.

To where now I have this gut feeling that Karlsson is going to become a Duck.

Was thinking EK, Ryan (2.25 retained), Pageau for Manson, Montour, Perry, Ritchie, Comtois, Steel.

Is that insane? I know you guys need a center (Pags) because of Kesler's injury and we need to free up a roster spot down the middle for White & Brown.

Ryan retained for Perry is a coupe imo, with Ryan likely to out produce Perry for the remainder of their contracts at half the cost.

Let me know how bad you think it is, and if the idea of a EK trade is feasible.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Hey guys - Sens fan. So this Neidermayer jersey retirement announcement has me pondering.

Was thinking EK, Ryan (2.25 retained), Pageau for Manson, Montour, Perry, Ritchie, Comtois, Steel.

Is that insane? I know you guys need a center (Pags) because of Kesler's injury and we need to free up a roster spot down the middle for White & Brown.

Ryan retained for Perry is a coupe imo, with Ryan likely to out produce Perry for the remainder of their contracts at half the cost.

Huh?

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

I think that gut feeling might have been this trade idea brewing up.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Not to be “that guy” but I knew Ryan, somewhat anyway, and I can tell you he had off ice issues but they weren’t necessarily related to Anaheim. The only off ice issue with Anaheim was he and Carlyle didn’t get along, at all.

To be fair, I think nobody would get along with RC off the ice. Seems like such a debbie downer with everything lol.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA

I'm curious where the idea that the jersey retirement would lead to you thinking we would be in on Karlsson when all the reports suggest otherwise, including someone who has inside information suggesting we very much aren't in on him. Also, that trade is just bad for us in a lot of ways. What makes you think Ryan is going to outproduce Perry for the rest of his contract?

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
I'm curious where the idea that the jersey retirement would lead to you thinking we would be in on Karlsson when all the reports suggest otherwise, including someone who has inside information suggesting we very much aren't in on him. Also, that trade is just bad for us in a lot of ways. What makes you think Ryan is going to outproduce Perry for the rest of his contract?

I seem to recall Anaheim "going for it" when they signed Neids. It was kind of unexpected, was it not? (I honestly don't remember that well) His career in Anaheim was short but he delivered you to the promised land. EK is a comparable player if there's one in the NHL.

Currently, the core of the Ducks (Getaf and Kesler) have 1-3 seasons left before their windows close. With time against them they could use a boost.

Ryan has had a string of bad luck and injuries - but I feel like towards the last half of the season he started to transition his game to a more productive style. Same puck possession, less shoot from the dot and more drove the net. I believe he finally switched his gloves too. Perry's legs are just giving out on him, and it will start to limit his ice time.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I seem to recall Anaheim "going for it" when they signed Neids. It was kind of unexpected, was it not? (I honestly don't remember that well) His career in Anaheim was short but he delivered you to the promised land. EK is a comparable player if there's one in the NHL.

Currently, the core of the Ducks (Getaf and Kesler) have 1-3 seasons left before their windows close. With time against them they could use a boost.

Ryan has had a string of bad luck and injuries - but I feel like towards the last half of the season he started to transition his game to a more productive style. Same puck possession, less shoot from the dot and more drove the net. I believe he finally switched his gloves too. Perry's legs are just giving out on him, and it will start to limit his ice time.
Nieds came here because we had his brother already and he wanted to play with him.

Lol at saying Perry’s legs Are giving out but then pumping Bobby Ryan

Reactions: dracom

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA

Nieds came here as a FA I believe. Also to play with his brother. So not really the same situation with EK at all. This core's window shut two seasons ago imo. At this point it's better to just work with what we have and prepare for the future, if we can make a Cinderella run then that's great, if not oh well draft high and get good prospects.

Also that reasoning for Ryan > Perry is pretty funny. Perry's situation is just much better from every angle.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Ryan has had hand injuries, and I'd assert his performance on ice is more related to the pressure of the CH% in a Canadian market. Perry looks like his knees and back are starting to feel the effects of being a dominant garbage goal scorer for over a decade.

Comparatively, Ryan I'd expect to produce 15+ goals and 30+ assists or more over the remainder of his contract. Perry looks like he's headed towards 20 goals or less and 20 assists or less. Very similar production, with Ryan having a slight edge, with the proposed salary retention - I don't know how that's not better than Perry.

Back to the original crazy proposal, Manson and Montour are your 3rd and 4th best dmen behind Lindholm and Fowler, right? I know they're young and emerging but are they that good? I don't think it's an insane ask for the best defenceman to play since... EK is GOAT, the thought of trading him makes me sick.

Ottawa wants size on the wings, Ritchie is that, Pageau again helps the need to offset Kesler. Imo Pageau > Ritchie. I know a lot of people are high on Steel and Comtois - I think they're good but they could easily bust.

Is it the loss of Manson AND Monrour that's offensive? Or do people see EK as damaged goods?

nilssont

May 27, 2007

The Ducks went for it when we traded for Pronger, he put us over the top.

Its a bad deal since it doesnt make us serious contenders whilst absolutely destroying our prospect pool.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Ryan has had hand injuries, and I'd assert his performance on ice is more related to the pressure of the CH% in a Canadian market. Perry looks like his knees and back are starting to feel the effects of being a dominant garbage goal scorer for over a decade.

Comparatively, Ryan I'd expect to produce 15+ goals and 30+ assists or more over the remainder of his contract. Perry looks like he's headed towards 20 goals or less and 20 assists or less. Very similar production, with Ryan having a slight edge, with the proposed salary retention - I don't know how that's not better than Perry.

Back to the original crazy proposal, Manson and Montour are your 3rd and 4th best dmen behind Lindholm and Fowler, right? I know they're young and emerging but are they that good? I don't think it's an insane ask for the best defenceman to play since... EK is GOAT, the thought of trading him makes me sick.

Ottawa wants size on the wings, Ritchie is that, Pageau again helps the need to offset Kesler. Imo Pageau > Ritchie. I know a lot of people are high on Steel and Comtois - I think they're good but they could easily bust.

Is it the loss of Manson AND Monrour that's offensive? Or do people see EK as damaged goods?

Yeah it’s the loss of Manson and Montour and how you conveniently threw in Steel who is by far our best prospect.

Let’s say for arguments sake that Perry and Ryan cancel out and that Pageau and Ritchie cancel out. That leaves Manson, Montour, Steel and Comtois for Karlsson.

If you used Tampa as an example and put together an equivalent package in terms of value it would be something like the following:

McDonagh (slightly better than Manson but also older and on a worse contrast)

Sergachev (very similar value to Montour - Monty is far more proven defensively but Sergachev is younger with more offensive upside.)

Foote (he’s a Dman and Steel is a forward but both have top 4/top 6 upside, don’t carry huge amounts of risk and are of first round pedigree.

Volkov (don’t really know who Tampa’s equivalent of Comtois is but Comtois is younger and has surpassed Howden so Volkov seems more appropriate given draft year, position and that he has put up decent numbers in the AHL).

Tampa would not part with all of the above players in a package for Karlsson why do you think we would part with equivalent valued players?

Edit: if I was Murray I would have offered Fowler plus a good prospect (someone like Terry or Larsson) plus a 1st but now that Fowlers NTC has kicked in that deal would be off the table.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad