Speculation: 2018-19 Trade Rumors Thread

1-10?

• Total voters

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Wait you actually think "Ennis >>>>> Rowney" is an argument that's supported by remotely anything? Lol wow.

Apparently you missed my post in the other thread where I mentioned that Rowney has played 70-something games in the NHL at the age of 29 whereas Ennis is above .3 ppg in almost 500 games and was just about .3ppg last season as well.

You could look this up yourself or just keep responding with "lol".

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Apparently you missed my post in the other thread where I mentioned that Rowney has played 70-something games in the NHL at the age of 29 whereas Ennis is above .3 ppg in almost 500 games and was just about .3ppg last season as well.

Not defending the Rowney signing but clearly he was brought in to bolster the 4th line and do penalty killing. At those jobs he is probably going to be moderately successful. Ennis has had a better career but is only functional as a top 6 player and he can no longer do that job with any level of success at the NHL level. My guess is that Ennis is much more likely to end the year in the AHL than Rowney.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site

I'm well aware, so much so that I know without looking that Ennis is definitely above .3 PPG for his career. I'm guessing you missed the part where I specifically addressed this, which is impressive considering you quoted that post.

And again it was a dumb post, all it deserved was an lol response.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Ennis is an actual NHL player, one that has a long career playing there.
He had his injury problems, but he is better than a guy like Rowney by far.

He'll be better on NHL 19 probably, but that's about it. Chances are Ennis isnt in the league next year and everyone tries to forget how mad they got over the Rowney signing(just like they did with the Grant one).

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
I'm well aware, so much so that I know without looking that Ennis is definitely above .3 PPG for his career. I'm guessing you missed the part where I specifically addressed this, which is impressive considering you quoted that post.

And again it was a dumb post, all it deserved was an lol response.

Ah yeah I misread his career points, he's around .5

You seem more intent on attacking other posters than discussing anything so I'll leave you to that.

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Nah, not really. It's just that when you start out that hot, there really isnt a lot to discuss outside of saying you're flat out wrong.

Oh man, with such inflammatory statements as "He has signed worse players to higher dollar contracts this offseason and people are still defending him" I should really be watching what I say! What narrative are you spinning now?

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Oh man, with such inflammatory statements as "He has signed worse players to higher dollar contracts this offseason and people are still defending him" I should really be watching what I say! What narrative are you spinning now?

I actually forgot that was you, was just referring to the Ennis >>>>> Rowney from today. Theres nothing to really say to that other than to laugh.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Who cares? They both suck

Murray should have been focused on getting a top line Lw this offseason to plug in on the 2nd line but instead did his usual penny pinching dumpster dives

We will struggle to score again this season

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site

Murray should have been focused on getting a top line Lw this offseason to plug in on the 2nd line but instead did his usual penny pinching dumpster dives

That's fair, although I'm especially willing to be patient this year because of the Kesler situation. I have a feeling that if hes done, so is the rest of his line.

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada

They both suck, I'm more concerned about a washed up NHLer getting half as much as much as a washed up AHLer. Just doesn't compute.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
That's fair, although I'm especially willing to be patient this year because of the Kesler situation. I have a feeling that if hes done, so is the rest of his line.
If Kesler is done then the entire club is done as a contender. This really is very simple to where I'm sitting, but somehow other things are discussed as it matters at that point?

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
If Kesler is done then the entire club is done as a contender. This really is very simple to where I'm sitting, but somehow other things are discussed as it matters at that point?

That I don't know about. It gets very iffy with how Keslers contract is dealt with, but if hes done and Silf and Cogs(maybe Cogs is kept but I dunno) are traded, that frees up a lot of money. Also depends on Steel, but if that happens and hes ready, you might be able to reload on that very quickly.

Basically I'm of the opinion that as long as Getzlaf is Getzlaf this team will be in the mix. High end centers are just so damn valuable and along with a very good defense and an elite goaltender, that's just three incredible ingredients to success.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
I just don't expect Steel to even become a top-6 Center. That dude has expectations crushing him already.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I just don't expect Steel to even become a top-6 Center. That dude has expectations crushing him already.
Huh... since draft he won whl scoring /mvp title and memorial cup mvp, + world junior gold. Hes doing well post draft and should have solid expectations

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Huh... since draft he won whl scoring /mvp title and memorial cup mvp, + world junior gold. Hes doing well post draft and should have solid expectations

Kind of/very unrelated but I was looking at past top line centers off of Canadian world junior rosters and it's very good. I can't really remember who it was in 2006(Toews was there but don't remember if it was him) but for the rest the worst you get is Sam Reinhart, who wasn't the best center on the team and is still a pretty good player.

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
That I don't know about. It gets very iffy with how Keslers contract is dealt with, but if hes done and Silf and Cogs(maybe Cogs is kept but I dunno) are traded, that frees up a lot of money. Also depends on Steel, but if that happens and hes ready, you might be able to reload on that very quickly.

Basically I'm of the opinion that as long as Getzlaf is Getzlaf this team will be in the mix. High end centers are just so damn valuable and along with a very good defense and an elite goaltender, that's just three incredible ingredients to success.

This I agree with. Getz is a bull and can drag this team kicking and screaming to great things as long as Carlisle doesn't wear him out.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I actually forgot that was you, was just referring to the Ennis >>>>> Rowney from today. Theres nothing to really say to that other than to laugh.
I'm just going to chime in and that I agree that Rowney was brought in for a very specific purpose. Ennis might be a better overall player, honestly I don't watch or know enough to judge him but what I do know is the Rowney was 3rd among forwards on Pit on PK TOI/game. Meaning he can take those minutes away from guys like Getzlaf. It's a way for RC to help spread out his minutes. Its actually very similar to the way Marchant was used ar the end of his career. It's probably also not unreasonable to conclude that a good PKer can likely give you safe minutes which is exactly what RC wants crom his 4th line. To me it sounds like Rowney fits to a T of what the org is looking for fron the 4 line center/winger. From what I've gathered from some of the comments is that Ennis is more of a scorer who isn't quite good enough to be top 6. Sounds a lot like a Peter Holland. Not good enough to be a true offensive threat that it outweighs the deffensive shortcomings. You go sign the player you need, which isn't necessarily the most skilled player available. If he works out great if not hes a 13th forward making just north of an ELC. Term is questionable sure but I think its a fair assumption that there were other interested parties that caused the increase in money/term. Just my 2cents.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Got a question for you guys about Kesler and Eaves, are they both done? I bring it up because I'm a Tampa fan and it seems a hold up in any Karlsson trade is Bobby Ryan. If Kesler and Eaves are done playing and will be LTIRetired was wondering if a Ryan + Zack Smith for Kesler and Eaves deal makes any sense? Obviously there would be an add to make it worthwhile.

Ryan makes 7.25 for 4 years while Kesler 6.875 so 350k difference there while Eaves makes 3.15 and Smith 3.25. So for 360k of cap you get two guys who'll be on the ice playing for you. I have no idea if both Kesler and Eaves have fully insured contracts which is where Ottawa would be the most interested. Ryan makes 30mil the next 4 years, Smith gets 9.75 the next 3 while Kesler makes 26.7 for 4 years and Eaves 6.15 for 2. You guys would be on the hook for 6.9 more in real cash if not insured. Would it be something of interest and if so what would need to be added to make it a yes in regards to picks or prospects from either Ottawa or Tampa?

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Bobby Ryan has a bad history here (off-ice) and was traded so we wouldn't have to endure the contract he was about to sign.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad