Speculation: 2018-19 Trade Rumors Thread

1-10?

• Total voters
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Woke up this morning with the feeling like something big will go down today. Hopefully that doesn't just mean Bob has found someone taller than Sustr to sign.

Also I accidentally had wrote "this summer" instead of "this morning" and for some reason to phrase " I woke up this summer with the feeling something big will go down today" - made me feel sad.
All Canadians are grizzly bears, confirmed.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
What let you assume they don't talk? Would you give every player automaticly the salary they want? Just give him something like 5mil x 8y?

It was a joke about how he points at everything. I don't think filing for arbitration is a big deal at all and I'm sure negotiations are still ongoing. He needed to preserve his rights.

Could be term. After seeing what went down with Rakell, I honestly can't blame him for going that route if that is the case.

Absolute malpractice by whoever that guy is. I mean that deal is so favorable to the team that it definitely runs the risk of causing resentment in the player.

Yep. Bob's gotta squeeze every nickel and dime out of RFA negotiations so he can blow those savings on 'veteran leadership'

Never thought I'd see the day that people spin RFA signing skills negatively, but here it is.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Woke up this morning with the feeling like something big will go down today. Hopefully that doesn't just mean Bob has found someone taller than Sustr to sign.

Also I accidentally had wrote "this summer" instead of "this morning" and for some reason to phrase " I woke up this summer with the feeling something big will go down today" - made me feel sad.
If Bob has some bigger trade in the works, it's very possible that it's being held up by Karlsson. I had a similar feeling that something big might happen, and that we'll hear about it after EK's saga is over.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast

It must have been a Chelsea morning.

unr.jpg

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
It feels like last season’s signing of a half dozen 4th line players in the hopes that they could find 1-2 who could actually play has been extended to the bottom pairing D as well.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Tyler ennis signs for 650k.....

imjustzach

May 9, 2018
Tyler ennis signs for 650k.....

Signings like this are what always have me scratching my head at FA. Bargain Bin Bob loves taking flyers on guys like Sustr or Rowney but won't go for Ennis or Duclair who play positions of need and have much higher ceilings.

If the point is to gamble with low-cost signings, why not take a shot on the guys who have more potential or at least play positions of need.

kfox

Dec 23, 2011
Neither one of them are centers in the NHL. Carrick sucks and would be behind Sustr and Schenn and our other RHD prospects. No one wants Carrick.

Nylander can play center, he has all his life, but just doesn't fit in that position so far in Toronto with Matthews , Kadri and Bozak--now Tavares. He's a first line player as a winger now, but if we didn't have Matthews he likely would have played center last 2 years.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Signings like this are what always have me scratching my head at FA. Bargain Bin Bob loves taking flyers on guys like Sustr or Rowney but won't go for Ennis or Duclair who play positions of need and have much higher ceilings.

If the point is to gamble with low-cost signings, why not take a shot on the guys who have more potential or at least play positions of need.

It's a great example of how Murray is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. He signs Ennis and pretty much no one would have a positive thing to say about it. He doesn't and people somehow also complain about it.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
He has signed worse players to higher dollar contracts this offseason and people are still defending him.

Ennis is awful. Maybe that's a bit harsh, and he bounces back with the Leafs, but he hasn't been good for years and was probably ruined by concussions. Sure, he can put up a couple points playing with good players, but that's really not what you're looking for in a fourth liner.

But, the bigger point was that had Murray signed him, people would've whined about that too.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Supposedly Ott and Islanders are talking duechene…. id be interested.. not sure we can match the islanders in bidding tho

Reactions: DuckRogers10
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
It's a great example of how Murray is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. He signs Ennis and pretty much no one would have a positive thing to say about it. He doesn't and people somehow also complain about it.
Ironic that people who accuse BM of living three years in the past with the players he signs are also annoyed that he didn't sign Ennis.

Reactions: The Mighty Duck Man

quackquackquack

Oct 10, 2012
I like GMBM I really do. He seems to have a knack for addressing the team's MINOR needs (see Derek Grant last year) but he is WAY TOO PASSIVE and a PUSSCAKE in the trade market. Its not about $$$. We have the pieces/room to fit in a game changing player while sending a reasonable amount of salary out. I'm not going to speculate on trades but FFS we had trouble scoring up front last year and he has not even blinked in that direction this offseason.

I really don't know what it is. Is he handcuffed by ownership? Is he not competitive? Does he want to make sure we are just a playoff team and that's it? Take a glance in the Pacific Division and we are the only "contender" that hasn't done jack shit this offseason.

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Ennis is awful. Maybe that's a bit harsh, and he bounces back with the Leafs, but he hasn't been good for years and was probably ruined by concussions. Sure, he can put up a couple points playing with good players, but that's really not what you're looking for in a fourth liner.

But, the bigger point was that had Murray signed him, people would've whined about that too.

Ennis >>>>> Rowney

And Rowney got double the money.

Reactions: DuckRogers10

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Nylander can play center, he has all his life, but just doesn't fit in that position so far in Toronto with Matthews , Kadri and Bozak--now Tavares. He's a first line player as a winger now, but if we didn't have Matthews he likely would have played center last 2 years.
Straight up bs until he actually plays center full time in NHL. Also no one cares about your inner club moves here.

Also seeing Nylander in the playoffs, that dude is soft as shit. Marner is the only leaf player in that series that had heart.

Last edited:

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
It's about what it deserved. If you'd like I can try again.

Rowney >>>>>> Ennis. You see, that one has 6 greater than signs, effectively cancelling your 5 out and still leaving one over. Well I guess I win that one.

Except nothing supports your argument. Rowney is barely an NHLer whereas Ennis has had a respectable career.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
I like GMBM I really do. He seems to have a knack for addressing the team's MINOR needs (see Derek Grant last year) but he is WAY TOO PASSIVE and a PUSSCAKE in the trade market. Its not about $$$. We have the pieces/room to fit in a game changing player while sending a reasonable amount of salary out. I'm not going to speculate on trades but FFS we had trouble scoring up front last year and he has not even blinked in that direction this offseason.

I really don't know what it is. Is he handcuffed by ownership? Is he not competitive? Does he want to make sure we are just a playoff team and that's it? Take a glance in the Pacific Division and we are the only "contender" that hasn't done jack **** this offseason.

I actually would really love for you to speculate on a trade or two because I don't see what you see. Most of the Ducks payroll is tied up with Getzlaf, Perry, Kesler, and Fowler and those guys are going nowhere. Eaves can't be traded either due to health. Who is left that can be traded to afford this $7-10 million dollar "game changing" player that you state is available? Rakell? Manson? Lindholm? Probably not I think you'd say. That basically leaves Silfverberg and Henrique and I'm doubtful that they would get you the "game changing" player you think is so easy to acquire.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad