Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Can’t be, I read you’re not even a Blues fan! :sarcasm:

:laugh:
Blues fan? :)

Btw I take anothe bet vs. my friends they are HC Boston fans before finals started who will win. Damn it Felt good to beat them too. Quiet boys now. How much they bs that Allen should go net and they get it one game in finals it was hard. How much they bashed about ROR entire season that he's cancer.

Boy I have been trolling them and bashing back heavly + get their moneys.

Bye Felicia

Apr 26, 2016
I watched two of the Hawks parades from my office. Not happy days for me. But I will see the one in STL, so all good.

I got stuck in the middle of the last Hawks parade. I forgot about it and then foolishly thought I could just cross the street through the crowd. Ended up having to shuffle along through the mass for like an hour to move one block and escape.

We drove down to StL to attend Game 6, and I found myself oddly calm and happy after the loss. It just felt like this team was finishing its appropriate narrative, and that there was no way the season could end except with a road win on the very last possible day.

Between this season and the Cardinals 2011 season, I truly feel blessed. I think the positive permanence from those events will basically carry me forever, and everything great that happens in sports from here on out will feel like a bonus.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I got stuck in the middle of the last Hawks parade. I forgot about it and then foolishly thought I could just cross the street through the crowd. Ended up having to shuffle along through the mass for like an hour to move one block and escape.

We drove down to StL to attend Game 6, and I found myself oddly calm and happy after the loss. It just felt like this team was finishing its appropriate narrative, and that there was no way the season could end except with a road win on the very last possible day.

Between this season and the Cardinals 2011 season, I truly feel blessed. I think the positive permanence from those events will basically carry me forever, and everything great that happens in sports from here on out will feel like a bonus.
Berube’s comment after game 6, “Maybe that’s our story. Maybe we go finish this on the road.” It really struck me that he was looking for all the reasons they’d win the next game rather than regretting the lost opportunity in Game 6. And that smile in his post-game interview! That was the moment I got over the loss and started thinking game 7 would be worth watching.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Berube’s comment after game 6, “Maybe that’s our story. Maybe we go finish this on the road.” It really struck me that he was looking for all the reasons they’d win the next game rather than regretting the lost opportunity in Game 6. And that smile in his post-game interview! That was the moment I got over the loss and started thinking game 7 would be worth watching.
This was a marked improvement from the morale we had seen in the past. A loss would be super down. This team? They would say “we will play better next game” and “we are confident in ourselves ”. (Paraphrasing of course)

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL
Late to the show but wanted to get my name in here.

Watching from South City, which I'm sure already will represented in this thread.

Reactions: Bluenatic

medkit

Mar 22, 2014
Spektre said:
I’ve rewatched the 3rd period of game 7 too many times to count, was at the parade, and I still can’t believe it.
I still plan to go back and watch some of the early-season slump games, and flip between that and the SC run. Want to see the disparity in how far they came.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I still plan to go back and watch some of the early-season slump games, and flip between that and the SC run. Want to see the disparity in how far they came.
I remember, even when they won games, the Blues were so easy to play against. I’m sure teams felt fresh the next day. It was maddening.

Reactions: Bluenatic

hockensm77

Feb 21, 2015
I went back and watched the famous turnaround game against the Flyers from Jan. 7th. First of all it's always such a shock to go from SC Finals hockey to middle-of-the-regular-season hockey. The pace and intensity are so insanely different, it really is a different game. Even taking that into consideration I thought the Blues' skaters still looked tentative and pretty disjointed. Binnington looked like Binnington. He made a save on a redirection that looked exactly like one from the Finals, flashing the right pad, I believe.

Multiple times I said out loud to the screen: "In 5 months you guys are going to be Stanley Cup champions. In 5 months you're going to be legends."

They didn't believe me.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
check your PM
thank you m8

Screenshot_20190713-232327.png