Roll Call 2018-19 Stanley Cup Finals Roll Call

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Nice save by Allen, and good job of not allowing those Stars in front of the goal to knock the puck loose and in! He's looked alert in this game from the start. Faulk has looked less nervous on the right side, but he's been knocked to the ice several times.

Fluke goal by The Stars, with a really weird English spin-bounce after being deflected. No way ANY goalie would have stopped that one.
Never change Robb

WalterSobchak

Blues Trololol
Mar 11, 2004
Where men chunder
www.larddesigns.com
zombie thread alert

I don't recall if I posted in this thread but I was glad to return a bit during the run, it was nice to see familiar faces. Currently living in Australia, formerly British Columbia I was late to hockey as a fan. It all strangely started due to video games, in fact. My friends were all hockey fans and NHL '93 for the Sega Genesis was the game of choice. We got into a pattern of playing hockey tournaments against one another and while trying to find a team, I learned the game using the Western All Stars team. Brett Hull's slapshot was a canon and a surefire goal if I could cut away from the half-boards so the choice was easy.

Hull, along with Al MacInnis killed on that All Star team and when he was traded it was sealed.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
zombie thread alert

I don't recall if I posted in this thread but I was glad to return a bit during the run, it was nice to see familiar faces. Currently living in Australia, formerly British Columbia I was late to hockey as a fan. It all strangely started due to video games, in fact. My friends were all hockey fans and NHL '93 for the Sega Genesis was the game of choice. We got into a pattern of playing hockey tournaments against one another and while trying to find a team, I learned the game using the Western All Stars team. Brett Hull's slapshot was a canon and a surefire goal if I could cut away from the half-boards so the choice was easy.

Hull, along with Al MacInnis killed on that All Star team and when he was traded it was sealed.
giphy.gif

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
zombie thread alert

Another Canadian West Coaster? Where abouts did you call home in BC?

I'm currently back in my home town of Prince George, BC. I've lived and worked all around the province and never really encountered other Blues fans - makes me curious where everyone was hiding.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Oh man, my sides are literally hurting from how hard you made me laugh with this necro-thread mishap Robb. And then there were more posts! I'm still laughing.

Its great to be able to count on a few things in life. Death, taxes and Robb creating a game thread out of any other thread.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I'm really impressed that I only made 3 posts on it. I must have been interrupted, and my computer went to sleep, I had to sign in again, and go back to the website's Blues' Forum main page, and miraculously, I found the correct thread. I could easily have stayed on the wrong thread for the whole rest of whatever period it was, and wondered where everyone went, that I was posting alone. :laugh: I promised myself I wouldn't check any other threads between periods. But, I never can keep that promise. But, I'm too old now to worry about it anymore.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I'm really impressed that I only made 3 posts on it. I must have been interrupted, and my computer went to sleep, I had to sign in again, and go back to the website's Blues' Forum main page, and miraculously, I found the correct thread. I could easily have stayed on the wrong thread for the whole rest of whatever period it was, and wondered where everyone went, that I was posting alone. :laugh: I'm too old now to worry about it anymore.
No worries Robb. This is my favorite and most cherished thread. It was a pleasure to reread some of it again. Sometimes things just work out. :)

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
No worries Robb. This is my favorite and most cherished thread. It was a pleasure to reread some of it again. Sometimes things just work out. :)
Thanks Simon. Take a look at the Falstaff 1969-70 thread below. The original poster is asking for our memories of the original Blues' and their next 2 years. It has sketches of several important players, the owners and a couple coaches, with some text blurbs about them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad