NCAA 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
This season is as wide open as I can recall.

Most overrated team:

North Carolina

Most overhyped team:

Nevada

Most underachieving team:

West Virginia
-Not saying I expected them to win the Big 12 but without a late run againt Kansas they'd be winless. They started the year ranked. What a free fall

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Imagine stating UNC was overrated then seeing them blow out VT on Big Monday :laugh:

Meh, I think VT is overrated for what it's worth as well but I think UNC gets a name rep pass for how they've mostly performed. They struggled with a ND team for example that is almost all freshmen. The game was at home too. That wasn't the only game. College basketball is mostly who is at home. In VT that's a close game or a loss.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
What a crazy week so far, next weeks ranking in the middle will be interesting.

You've had VT lose, Maryland, Texas Tech, Buffalo, Auburn and Ole Miss.

Most of these games weren't close, Auburn loses by 3 and Buffalo loses on a last second shot. Buffalo shot like 22-60 from the field. Man, I can almost guarantee they don't shoot that bad again.

South Carolina is 10-8 but 5-1 in the SEC. Jesus, who did they play out of conference? They either had a brutal schedule or they've had a weak SEC schedule so far basically.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Seton Hall implosion in full effect.

No disrepect to DePaul but getting swept by them is as close to a one-way ticket out of the tournament as you’re gonna get.

I've calmed down over the last week, especially since there are only two teams above Big East .500 who both have six wins in the conference right now.

Our imminent doom down the Turnpike this weekend won't really change anything. If they could only play that same offense that showed up against DePaul in conjunction with their defensive form from the non-conference schedule, we'd f***ing win out after this Villanova game on Sunday. I'm actually glad its at Wells Fargo and not in the Pavilion. Not like it makes a *huge* difference but I don't want our young players in that hostile on-campus atmosphere this time around. Hopefully Romaro Gill comes back, too.

Go Pirates.

Say Hey Kid

They met at the crossroads.
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
I think any of the top 7 can win it all. VA may be the best team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad