NCAA 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I’ll be attending each of the Pirates’ last five games of the regular season to do my part. If we win at home against Xavier and one of St. John’s or Georgetown away, we’ll be firmly in control of our own destiny.

This is the weakest the bubble has ever been since they expanded to 68. I think they're comfortably in even with a 2-3 finish.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I haven't done much bracket predicting this year, nor have I really followed as much as previous years. But I was looking at Bracket Matrix, and Oklahoma has an average seed of 9.96. Yes, they have a great SOS. Yes, their NCSOS is really good. Yes, they are in the top 40 of the NET rating. But they are 4-9 in their own conference! The Big 12 is really good, but come on. Let me repeat... they are 4-9 in their own conference! Yet people have them comfortably in.

Reactions: New Jersey
Sep 19, 2008
I just don't understand what is going on with Archie and his brother Sean @IU Hawks fan. Both have done a horrible job with elite blue blood programs who are expected to win every year. I am more strict on Sean because he has a standard to uphold with Arizona but what's with Archie? You go to Dayton and get one of the best prospects of the coaching carousel and then he can't even do anything in Indiana? If Tom Crean was lambasted at HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL GAMES for mediocrity how do you expect the fanbase will respond to flat out incompetence?

The Big Ten is kind of a mess right now other than Michigan and MSU.

Reactions: New Jersey

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
This is the weakest the bubble has ever been since they expanded to 68. I think they're comfortably in even with a 2-3 finish.

I'm cautiously optimistic. As a Seton Hall fan, being relevant in mid-February is about all I can ask for. The fact that we're gunning for our fourth consecutive tourney appearance for only the second time in program history is gravy.

Sep 19, 2008
Honestly no Pac-12 team might get a NCAA bid :laugh:

Ah yes the automatic bid. Well, Washington is probably getting that unless they don't win their tourney

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Seton Hall with their same old f***ing shit, following up a Quad 1 road win with *that.*

St. Johns’ dismal loss at Providence sets up the biggest game between Hall Ball and Johnnies in years at the Garden on Saturday, for which I’ll be teetering on the edge of my sanity.

Go Pirates. :help:

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Man, that's gotta be some bad PR for Nike.

Greatest college baller we've seen in ages, hyped up to astronomical proportions and he's felled by a single, poorly-made, Nike shoe. Luckily it doesn't appear to be a major injury.

The worst part is that if that HAD been career-jeopardizing, it's not as though he could accept any sort of payout from Nike due to NCAA's frustratingly iron-clad rules. :help:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Man, that's gotta be some bad PR for Nike.

Greatest college baller we've seen in ages, hyped up to astronomical proportions and he's felled by a single, poorly-made, Nike shoe. Luckily it doesn't appear to be a major injury.

The worst part is that if that HAD been career-jeopardizing, it's not as though he could accept any sort of payout from Nike due to NCAA's frustratingly iron-clad rules. :help:

Nike's high-profile shoe failure costs $1.1 billion in stock value

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad