NCAA 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
losing by four points in marquette’s brand new building when the golden eagles received almost triple the free throws

upload_2019-1-12_17-34-4-png.174855

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Whose the best mid major team this year? I think it's Buffalo or Nevada but I actually personally don't think it's close. I think Buffalo is way better and would crush them on a neutral court or at homr. At Nevada it would be a close toss up. Buffalo is that rare sqyuad that will be in its 3rd tournament in 4 years. It's a senior laden team. All 5 guys can handle the ball and shoot. They legitimetly could contend for a Final Four spot. I mean it is a match based tournament. The computers like them, if they win out they'll get a high seed.

The NCAA looks wide open this year. I don't see a clear favotite. Duke when healthy maybe. Virginia is a good defensive team. But they can only play one style. They also notoriously struggle in the tournament. I like Tennessee but outside of the PAC 12 the SEC isn't exactly good.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Whose the best mid major team this year? I think it's Buffalo or Nevada but I actually personally don't think it's close. I think Buffalo is way better and would crush them on a neutral court or at homr. At Nevada it would be a close toss up. Buffalo is that rare sqyuad that will be in its 3rd tournament in 4 years. It's a senior laden team. All 5 guys can handle the ball and shoot. They legitimetly could contend for a Final Four spot. I mean it is a match based tournament. The computers like them, if they win out they'll get a high seed.

The NCAA looks wide open this year. I don't see a clear favotite. Duke when healthy maybe. Virginia is a good defensive team. But they can only play one style. They also notoriously struggle in the tournament. I like Tennessee but outside of the PAC 12 the SEC isn't exactly good.

I hate the term "mid-major". I hate it so much.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Mid major is just a term for a team that doesn't play in a good conderence top to bottom.

I just don't like it. I mean, there really isn't a line drawn as to what qualifies as a mid-major in my opinion. Nevada, for example, is not a mid-major in my opinion, but some people think they are because they don't play in one of the "power six" conferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad