2018-19 Roster

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
He's always been willing to re-sign if the Sens pay market value.

So far, they have not been willing to do so.

Let me rephrase: That he’s given indication he’s willing to re sign at below market value. Done splitting hairs now? It all amounts to the same thing at the end of the day if neither side budges.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Let me rephrase: That he’s given indication he’s willing to re sign at below market value. Done splitting hairs now? It all amounts to the same thing at the end of the day if neither side budges.
It is not splitting hairs. It puts the blame squarely where it belongs.

EK is on record stating he won't take a hometown discount. The Sens have yet to offer him a market value contract. (Which includes signing bonus $)

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
The more I think about it, the more I'm sure we'll start the season with

Dzingel-Duchene-Ryan
Smith-Pageau-Stone

as our top 6, then slowly filter rookies into the top 6 based on performance. Boucher will want to start the season on the right foot. We really need it to help us put last season behind us. Our schedule is pretty favorable too. Smith-Pageau-Stone has history. They were easily our best line in 2015-16. Smith was our 2nd top goalscorer with 25g. Pageau had 43pts. Smith and Pageau had by far our best +/-.

We could round off the bottom 6 with:
Bodker-White-Pyatt <- White gets sheltered minutes with two very responsible players
Paul-McCormick-Paajarvi

I'm not saying this is our best option. I'm just saying it's the most realistic one, at least for the first 15-20 games. I think at some point, Paul goes on waivers and Thachuk comes up from the AHL. Brown or Chlapik come up at some point too based on injuries, or with McCormick as a healthy scratch. At ~20 games we start to see lines getting mixed around based on rookie performance.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
It is not splitting hairs. It puts the blame squarely where it belongs.

EK is on record stating he won't take a hometown discount. The Sens have yet to offer him a market value contract. (Which includes signing bonus $)

I’m more concerned with the end result one way or another so as to properly ascertain the direction of the club going forward, be it with or without him. You’re also failing to address the possibility he may not want to be here as much due to Eugene being the owner, as the fact fair value isn’t being offered. I think it’s highly plausible he’d sign for closer to what the sens have offered him in a market like Tampa/Vegas/Dallas. Yes he may not have liked the lack of initially offered upfront bonus mony initially, but there are many other factors at play that have nothing to do with compensation. Bottom line is my greatest hope lays in something coming to fruition where Eugene sells the team prior to July 2019, but as a fail safe - wherein he’s not selling the team, and Karl absolutely won’t sign with him as the owner, partly to due with being lowballed but equally to due with the unwillingness to invest in the team overall, I hope to get as much value back for him as possible so we can all move on. My gut has told me Vegas this entire time, and I think if he goes anywhere that’ll be it at the end of the day. I think think it’s possible he re signs here but I’m not getting my hopes too high.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Chill out H.P. Lovecraft.

Did not expect to see a Lovecraft reference around here. In that case all we need is Cthulhu
latest

banner.jpg

latest

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Boucher has said that he'd like to see 1 young player on every line, so this is what I expect to see for the first 9 games (if Karlsson remains):

Dzingel - Duchene - White
Tkachuk - Pageau - Stone
Boedker - Chlapik - Ryan
Paajarvi - Smith - Pyatt
McCormick

Chabot - Karlsson
Wolanin - Ceci
Borowiecki - Wideman
Harpur

Brown gets sent down to start the season, Tkachuk sticks for at least the first 9 games, Harpur and Wolanin come in and out depending on matchups (as ugly as that pairing is).

With that lineup, assuming Karlsson plays like he can and Chabot takes a step forward, I think we can be close to a .500 team and stay out of that bottom 6-7. If he's traded, who knows.

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
Tkachuk - Duchene - Stone
Dzingle - Pageau - Ryan
Boedker - Chlapik - Pyatt
Paajarvi - White - Smith
McCormick

Chabot - Karlsson
Wideman - Ceci
Borowiecki - Wolanin
Harpur