Line Combos: 2018-19 Roster Thread - Perry who?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ducks8

Mar 27, 2009
Riverside CA
What I wouldn't do to have a healthy kase.

Glad kossila is up, I think he has a lot of potential @ the NHL level.... and steel clearly need a little time in the AHL.

Jones Steel Terry... should be a very good line in the AHL.

So comtois burned a year of his ELC, so he can be sent down to the AHL when the roster is healthy? Cause if our roster ever gets healthy... the Gulls are going to be scary good.
Comtois Steel Terry
Jones Kossila Sheerwood -- tho I think kossila may earn a spot up with the big club.
Don't believe eve Comtois is eligible for SD, he'd be sent back to juniors

Last edited:
Reactions: Exit Dose

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Cogliano hasn't been good for a bit now and I'd rather have Eaves who has proven he can produce on our top line and would be still there if not for a freak illness than give Silf his 6 year, 5.5M contract he'll get when he hits UFA. Lots of red flags there.
Cogs last year was as good as he's always been. He's been unnoticeable this season, which at this point I'll take that. Either you get maybe 40ish games of Eaves who had a career high season at an old age who we have no idea would be able to replicate that success; or a solid defensively 30-40 point winger who is still good on the PK and who will play every game. I rather have the guy that know what we're getting, than a mystery box of a player who we don't even know will every play 40+ games with the contract. Cogs earned the extension, Eaves didn't and now we're paying for a contract for a player that'll most likely not play 80 games for the last two seasons of his deal.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Cogliano hasn't been good for a bit now and I'd rather have Eaves who has proven he can produce on our top line and would be still there if not for a freak illness than give Silf his 6 year, 5.5M contract he'll get when he hits UFA. Lots of red flags there.

You’d rather have Eaves who is 34, injury prone and hasn’t played in over a year than Cogliano who is one of our best PKers and defensive forwards, shows up every night and chips in 30 points every year?

I want what you’re smoking.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Crazy thoughts time: I think Rakell has been so useless that it's almost worth experimenting with him at center again. He's such a weird player. When he was in junior, he played such a good defensive game and was pretty solid at driving his line from that position. Now, he's turned into some weird winger that showboats most of the time with little results.

I also wouldn't mind a line of creative players for Kesler. Something like:
Ritchie - Getzlaf - Eaves/Kase
Henrique - Kesler - Lundestrom
Comtois - Rakell - Silfverberg
Cogs - Kossilla/Rowney - Sherwood

Obviously this requires people being healthy. I figure Comtois and Silfverberg could bring his strengths back out. While Kesler's lack of creativity gets offset on the second line. Like I said, crazy thoughts. I'm probably forgetting someone, too. So, ignore that.

Edit: Goddamnit, I forgot Kase.

Mallard

Apr 19, 2017
Canada
Crazy thoughts time: I think Rakell has been so useless that it's almost worth experimenting with him at center again. He's such a weird player. When he was in junior, he played such a good defensive game and was pretty solid at driving his line from that position. Now, he's turned into some weird winger that showboats most of the time with little results.

I also wouldn't mind a line of creative players for Kesler. Something like:
Ritchie - Getzlaf - Eaves/Kase
Henrique - Kesler - Lundestrom
Comtois - Rakell - Silfverberg
Cogs - Kossilla/Rowney - Sherwood

Obviously this requires people being healthy. I figure Comtois and Silfverberg could bring his strengths back out. While Kesler's lack of creativity gets offset on the second line. Like I said, crazy thoughts. I'm probably forgetting someone, too. So, ignore that.

Edit: Goddamnit, I forgot Kase.

Don't know if he is useless, 4 points in the last 5 games. A Swede line of Rakell - Lundestrom - Silfverberg would be kind of cool though.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Don't know if he is useless, 4 points in the last 5 games. A Swede line of Rakell - Lundestrom - Silfverberg would be kind of cool though.
I missed the last game, but he turned over the puck left and right in the last game that I saw. I also forgot Aberg.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
lol @ anyone who says we should dump cogs

sure, i have a better shot than he does but its not easy to replace his speed, which is probably the most important skill in today's NHL

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Are you basing that off the historical 40 point a year Silfverberg or the one that is currently projecting at eclipsing his regular totals?
Both and the fact Cogs stays getting worse and Silf stays getting better including the playoffs.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Silfverberg is our best playoff performer, AINEC in my opinion. However, nobody is taking Cogliano the way he’s playing right now and not sending an equally bad contract back, so trading him won’t make it any easier to sign Silfverberg, it’ll just make us worse. And show players that sacrificing salary for team won’t get you any loyalty in Anaheim, which won’t help with any contract negotiations going forward.

Reactions: dracom

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
I usually argue against corsi, but since everyone seems to agree that it's concerning how much the Ducks are being outshot with, I don't understand the hate for Cogliano. He's one of the Ducks best corsi players every year, and ranks 3rd on the team so far this year. It's actually the kids that are being totally dominated in shot attempts for/against. Terry, Steel and even Comtois. Surprisingly Silfverberg is down there too.

Not saying that Cogliano has been particulary good, but he's not been any worse than anyone else imo. He's always been a streaky complementary winger. He's never gonna be someone who makes his linemates better. When his line is playing well he will look like his usual self.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Silfverberg is our best playoff performer, AINEC in my opinion. However, nobody is taking Cogliano the way he’s playing right now and not sending an equally bad contract back, so trading him won’t make it any easier to sign Silfverberg, it’ll just make us worse. And show players that sacrificing salary for team won’t get you any loyalty in Anaheim, which won’t help with any contract negotiations going forward.
You may not know the name... but ryan getzlaf is pretty good in playoffs... im sure people will know his name soon

Reactions: terranraida

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
What I wouldn't do to have a healthy kase.

Glad kossila is up, I think he has a lot of potential @ the NHL level.... and steel clearly need a little time in the AHL.

Jones Steel Terry... should be a very good line in the AHL.

So comtois burned a year of his ELC, so he can be sent down to the AHL when the roster is healthy? Cause if our roster ever gets healthy... the Gulls are going to be scary good.
Comtois Steel Terry
Jones Kossila Sheerwood -- tho I think kossila may earn a spot up with the big club.
Comtois would still have to go to the CHL wouldn't he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad