Line Combos: 2018-19 Roster Thread - Perry who?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkdays

Apr 18, 2018
Rather have Street than one of Gibbons/Blandisi...actually rather would have had minus one skater out there over those two.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Sherwood and kossila called up, steel sent down, street waived

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
I hated this signing the day it happened. Add me to the list of those skeptical that he'll ever come back.
I got shit for not liking that contract (mostly on reddit) because people completely believed Eaves was going to be a consistent 30 goal scorer with Getz and never get hurt. Eaves should have just been a rental but instead we got a guy who played two games of that new deal and who knows how many he’ll play whenever he comes back. If we didn’t sign him, maybe we have enough for Cogs and Silf.

Reactions: Exit Dose

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I got **** for not liking that contract (mostly on reddit) because people completely believed Eaves was going to be a consistent 30 goal scorer with Getz and never get hurt. Eaves should have just been a rental but instead we got a guy who played two games of that new deal and who knows how many he’ll play whenever he comes back. If we didn’t sign him, maybe we have enough for Cogs and Silf.
Cogliano hasn't been good for a bit now and I'd rather have Eaves who has proven he can produce on our top line and would be still there if not for a freak illness than give Silf his 6 year, 5.5M contract he'll get when he hits UFA. Lots of red flags there.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Shows Steel was sent down as well

Good. I liked him more (probably) than others here did, but as many mention in the GDTs, he's gotta get better defensively and stronger on the boards.

I like his offensive instincts and he's much more advanced on the faceoff dot than I thought he would be at this stage in his development.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Looks like
Rakell getzlaf aberg
Lundestrom Henrique eaves
Cogs kelser silf
Sherwood kossila gibbons

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Sherwood got sent down yesterday wtf they don't know who they want to play ?

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
Looks like
Rakell getzlaf aberg
Cogs kelser silf
Sherwood kossila gibbons
Not to nitpick, but I'd hope Lundestrom centers Henrique and Eaves. Carlyle commented that they owe it to Lundestrom to give him some positional consistency while he adapts to the NHL.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Hopefully aberg can keep producing. I like his speed energy and skill. That second line could be decent if Eaves is decent. 3rd line scares me because Kesler has been bad and Cogs has struggled a bit but maybe they will be better in a shutdown role.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

paine

Jun 4, 2007
Happy with the moves. Steel needs time in the AHL.

I'd prefer Street on the 4th line instead of Gibbons, but not going to bitch about it. Is what it is. Both will be in the press box or with the Gulls soon enough.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Looks like
Rakell getzlaf aberg
Cogs kelser silf
Sherwood kossila gibbons
What I wouldn't do to have a healthy kase.

Glad kossila is up, I think he has a lot of potential @ the NHL level.... and steel clearly need a little time in the AHL.

Jones Steel Terry... should be a very good line in the AHL.

So comtois burned a year of his ELC, so he can be sent down to the AHL when the roster is healthy? Cause if our roster ever gets healthy... the Gulls are going to be scary good.
Comtois Steel Terry
Jones Kossila Sheerwood -- tho I think kossila may earn a spot up with the big club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad