Line Combos: 2018-19 Roster Thread - Perry who?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I think this is the first time I've seen someone call out Pettersson on here. He's terrible. I think I'd rather see Schenn-Sustr.
I haven't noticed pettersson at all in all 3 games....which is a good thing.

ducks8

Mar 27, 2009
Riverside CA
I assume they can get a guy up from SD tomorrow during the day if they want one. Pretty sure Aberg was still with the team despite being waived, think I saw him in the opening ceremonies last night.
Gulls Instagram mentioned Aberg officially being sent down. But yeah, I guess they can just call him up for tomorrow

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
"Terrible" might have been a bit harsh for a 22 year old no. 5 defenseman but he really is not very good. By basically any advanced stat he's our worst defenseman and he's sheltered quite a bit. This year he's at 73% offensive zone starts and has a 32% Corsi. I know it's a small sample size but that's atrocious. He also has never really provided offense at any level. Beyond just the stats I don't think I've ever seen him play a puck cleanly.

He's fine in a sheltered role for now but if Lindholm or Fowler get injured he's not ready for more ice time. 3rd pairing LD is a position they should try to upgrade if they are still in it at the deadline. Maybe Jordie Benn or something.

I don’t think you can jump to any sorts of conclusions when it comes to Corsi and a three game sample size. And he certainly hasn’t been helped by having Schenn and Sustr as his partner.

That said I do agree we are in trouble if an injury to the top 4 hits and he’s required to play 20+ minutes.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Since potential lineup combinations seems to be the flavor of the hour in the Detroit GDT, I figured I'd post a relevant thought here..

Henrique's faceoff ability is severely lacking at 40% through three games. Devils' fans claimed Henrique often looked best while playing left wing. Once Kesler returns, and assuming neither GMBM nor Carlyle want to assign Steel to the AHL, I'd be interested in seeing him as left wing alongside Steel and Kase. This preserves the Terry tryout with Getzlaf and Rakell, the Silfverberg and Kesler chemistry but with an added scoring threat, gives Steel two capable wingers, relegates Cogliano to a lineup befitting his skill-set and allows Eaves to be eased into the lineup.

Rakell - Getzlaf - Terry
Comtois - Kesler - Silfverberg
Henrique - Steel - Kase
Cogliano - Rowney - Sherwood/Eaves

On a side note, I'd wager the Lindholm-Montour and Fowler-Manson pairings is the result of Wilford's promotion to assistant coach.
Best line on paper I've seen yet. That would be a great line for Steels development. The Kesler line has potential to be really good. The 4th line has some quality skaters and can kill penalties.

Reactions: Doothpick

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
h0w d0 we still not know what happened to getzlaf, man the coverage on this team is absolute shit. if this happened in toronto to matthews we would know 2-3 shifts later what exacting happened.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Why did my O's get replaced with 0's.....

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Plus there is absolute silence on Ritchie. The lack of transparency is frustrating as hell.

With the Ritchie situation, it's really a binary situation. Either Ritchie signs or he doesn't. Aside from that, there's really not much to report.

But on a Tangent, should Maxy continue his trajectory, then I can see Ritchie being traded. Maxy is the reason why there's a delay in news that Ritchie has signed with the Ducks.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Another guy I’d be looking at trading for possibly is Puljujarvi in Edmonton. Edmonton is completely wasting his talent. He needs to get out of there before they mess up his career

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Another guy I’d be looking at trading for possibly is Puljujarvi in Edmonton. Edmonton is completely wasting his talent. He needs to get out of there before they mess up his career
I thought he was being reported as having a great camp and looking to breakout this year?

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I thought he was being reported as having a great camp and looking to breakout this year?
Yeah and now they have him on the 4th line 3 games into the season. They’re going to sell him for pennies on the dollar at some point it feels like

Oct 18, 2011
I do that without a 2nd thought, but they'd be stupid to do that IMO.
Well they have a GM fighting to save his job and need defense. Larsson or Mahura could help them now

But I acknowledge that the GM probably can't justify trading him and keep his job

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Well they have a GM fighting to save his job and need defense. Larsson or Mahura could help them now

But I acknowledge that the GM probably can't justify trading him and keep his job

the good news is that their gm is a f***tard so it's possible. I should point out that I'm a bigger Mahura fan then most, so I think the difference between Mahura and Larsson is more substantial than others here (I was voting for Mahura much earlier in the poll this offseason than most). I do Larsson+ without much hesitation honestly (depending on+ of course). Mahura would give me pause though. I think he's going to be very Shea Theodore ish.

Reactions: AngelDuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad