Line Combos: 2018-19 Roster Thread - Perry who?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
Yeah, as bad as he was in that one game, we are barely fielding 12 forwards right now. Could be a sign someone is coming back.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
I'm excited to see Lundstrom play, I feel like despite his age he's a bit more 'NHL ready' than some of our other young players. Certainly need him or Steel to step up a little in Getzlaf's absence.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
So
Rakell Henrique Terry
Comtois Steel Silfverberg
Cogs Lundestrom Sherwood
Gibbons Rowney Street

Yikes.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
I was checking the Gulls roster and noticed Logan Shaw is on it, both on the team's offical website and on Eliteprospects. But there's no transaction link on Eliteprospect and no news on the Gulls website that they signed him. I wonder if it's an AHL deal, or if the Ducks signed him to a 2-way deal. With the termination of Rodin's and Nattinen's contracts, there's room. Even more so if Aberg gets claimed (I think the Oilers could bring him back for their farm team).

I'd personally like to see Tropp get a contract. He's been producing great numbers with the Gulls ever since joining our organization, and he brings a meanstreak. Right now with all the injuries, I think he's earned some games with the big club over Ben Street. But right now he's on an AHL only deal.

Edit: I also think one of Blandisi, Carrick or De Leo should be up.

Last edited:

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
I was checking the Gulls roster and noticed Logan Shaw is on it, both on the team's offical website and on Eliteprospects. But there's no transaction link on Eliteprospect and no news on the Gulls website that they signed him. I wonder if it's an AHL deal, or if the Ducks signed him to a 2-way deal. With the termination of Rodin's and Nattinen's contracts, there's room. Even more so if Aberg gets claimed (I think the Oilers could bring him back for their farm team).

AHL PTO only.

Reactions: Elvs

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
Sean Tierney's twitter has damning graphs/visuals of the Ducks' advanced statistical performance thus far into the season. Not surprisingly, the underlying numbers corroborate what the eye test is showing: Gibson is the only thing keeping us from being the worst team in the NHL.

**Take with a grain of salt due to the limited sample size of two games**

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Sean Tierney's twitter has damning graphs/visuals of the Ducks' advanced statistical performance thus far into the season. Not surprisingly, the underlying numbers corroborate what the eye test is showing: Gibson is the only thing keeping us from being the worst team in the NHL.

And 22 million in players on IR not including Getzlaf.

Reactions: KyleJRM

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
How ugly is the Ritchie thing becoming? I feel like his issue is being overshadowed by the Nylander drama and I don't have an idea whether or not this hold out is relatively civil or exceptionally acrimonious.

Any chance he gets traded before he gets signed?

Any interest in a swap with Arizona with Perlini and Ritchie as the principals (maybe a one-for-one). Perlini is big, skates like the wind (really he looks like a gazelle out there) and he's got a big shot. He's definitely got 25+ goal potential and is a good bet to be a 20 goal guy regularly. That said, he's fairly one dimensional and doesn't use his size in the form of physical play. He might improve defensively and make that a plus to his game but I wouldn't count on it ever being a strength. Same goes for physical play; I don't expect him to ever engage much.

Perlini is signed and he's playing and I firmly believe he has higher offensive upside than Ritchie and that he will regularly outscore him moving forward.

Having said that, the Coyotes are painfully soft and tend to get pushed around. Lawson Crouse and Christian Fischer are helping a bit but we need more. Our scoring depth is extremely poor and we can't afford to have players on the roster who bring ONLY physical play and push back. We need guys who can play sturdy games but also produce something in the way of goals. Ritchie seems like he might check those boxes.

I suggested this on the Yotes board and my fellow Coyotes fans hated it. Perlini has very impressive offensive tools and is young (same draft year as Ritchie). The Coyotes haven't scored a goal this season and we need offense desperately. Still, I think that if/when we get healthy, offense will start to come. I think beefing up our identity and more effectively sticking up for ourselves is an important long-term need. The Ducks obviously don't need help in this regard and have never been a team to be pushed around. Between injuries and hold outs, I thought maybe the Ducks would value a player that can come in right away and start making plays offensively, rather than sitting out and arguing about money.

Thoughts?

Oct 18, 2011
@rt

I think the general consensus is Ritchies hold out is silly. I can understand why Nylander is, it's a big money deal. This one won't be, he's supposedly in great shape and if true I'd just take the QO and bet on myself if I were him.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
How ugly is the Ritchie thing becoming? I feel like his issue is being overshadowed by the Nylander drama and I don't have an idea whether or not this hold out is relatively civil or exceptionally acrimonious.

Any chance he gets traded before he gets signed?

Any interest in a swap with Arizona with Perlini and Ritchie as the principals (maybe a one-for-one). Perlini is big, skates like the wind (really he looks like a gazelle out there) and he's got a big shot. He's definitely got 25+ goal potential and is a good bet to be a 20 goal guy regularly. That said, he's fairly one dimensional and doesn't use his size in the form of physical play. He might improve defensively and make that a plus to his game but I wouldn't count on it ever being a strength. Same goes for physical play; I don't expect him to ever engage much.

Perlini is signed and he's playing and I firmly believe he has higher offensive upside than Ritchie and that he will regularly outscore him moving forward.

Having said that, the Coyotes are painfully soft and tend to get pushed around. Lawson Crouse and Christian Fischer are helping a bit but we need more. Our scoring depth is extremely poor and we can't afford to have players on the roster who bring ONLY physical play and push back. We need guys who can play sturdy games but also produce something in the way of goals. Ritchie seems like he might check those boxes.

I suggested this on the Yotes board and my fellow Coyotes fans hated it. Perlini has very impressive offensive tools and is young (same draft year as Ritchie). The Coyotes haven't scored a goal this season and we need offense desperately. Still, I think that if/when we get healthy, offense will start to come. I think beefing up our identity and more effectively sticking up for ourselves is an important long-term need. The Ducks obviously don't need help in this regard and have never been a team to be pushed around. Between injuries and hold outs, I thought maybe the Ducks would value a player that can come in right away and start making plays offensively, rather than sitting out and arguing about money.

Thoughts?

Without Ritchie in the lineup (along with everyone else missing) we are lacking some sandpaper ourselves. So while the value of your proposal is fine, I'd rather us continue try and get him signed.

We have some young players with scoring potential starting to break through, but as a group don't have a ton of jam. Ritchie could be a really good compliment if he takes that next step.

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota

It’s the AHL forwards with the NHL D and G. Sounds about right

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Does keeping our young players in lineup past 9 games affect expansion draft at all? I'm not sure how all this stuff works anymore.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Does keeping our young players in lineup past 9 games affect expansion draft at all? I'm not sure how all this stuff works anymore.
Doesn't make any difference for Steel or Terry. For Lundestrom and Comtois, their contracts slide if they don't play 10 games this season. That would make them ineligible for an expansion draft if it takes place in 2020.

Reactions: UnfinishedBusiness

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Cogs Rowney gibbons is going to be an amazing shutdown 4th line grinding line if we ever get healthy.

Oct 18, 2011
Comtois going back to the Q doesn't make sense he's another player being screwed by the stupid rules. It'd probably hurt him to go back where he can coast and still be a top 5 player there

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Comtois going back to the Q doesn't make sense he's another player being screwed by the stupid rules. It'd probably hurt him to go back where he can coast and still be a top 5 player there
Disagree. He’s one of the players who isn’t hurt by the rules. The players that are hurt by the rules are guys that aren’t quite physically ready for the NHL but are too good for juniors skill wise. A guy like Terry would have been better off in the AHL last year

Comtois, to me, will be fine with whatever path the ducks choose. I think choosing the correct development path is more crucial for Terry and Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad