Speculation: 2018-19 Roster Thread III

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Just throwing around a name here, even though I absolutely detest this man for making Dopistan Gold-medal winners last year:

How about we approach Kirill Kaprizov this summer? I know Russians have -aside from Vish- never worked out in Anaheim, but he'd probably bring a lot to the table if he decided to actually go to North America this year. Was drafted by Minnesota four years ago but failed to ever sign a contract with them, so it's doubtful he'll ever come over here. But his skill set is shockingly good and I'm on the fence of saying he's among those top-5 players outside of the NHL right now, scoring at close to 1.00 PPG in the KHL right now at age 21.

Kirill Kaprizov at eliteprospects.com

If he became available for North America, would you pursuit him?

There have been a couple of Russians that have been cult hero’s to me (Vishnevski, Salei).

I would love to approach him. Kaprizov has speed and skill to show and he would be a great addition to the team.

I wish Chistov panned out for us. He was great pre lockout, came back when Randy was at the helm and then was shipped off shortly after.

Reactions: Masch78

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Don't the Wild hold his rights? Otherwise a good player. But Russian free agents usually prefer the east coast teams.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
Don't the Wild hold his rights? Otherwise a good player. But Russian free agents usually prefer the east coast teams.

I'm trying to dig around in my memory but is it realy the east coast teams they prefer or is it just usually NYR/WSH?

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
There have been a couple of Russians that have been cult hero’s to me (Vishnevski, Salei).

I would love to approach him. Kaprizov has speed and skill to show and he would be a great addition to the team.

I wish Chistov panned out for us. He was great pre lockout, came back when Randy was at the helm and then was shipped off shortly after.
Don't think either of Vish or Salei were Russian. Rusty was from Belarus and Vish was born in Kharkov. Also calling Chistov "great" is a wild overstatement. He had a promising rookie year before tanking into a horrible sophomore slump under Babcock. He followed that with a mediocre lockout season in Cincy. He played exactly one game under Carlyle before Burke got rid of him.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
He had 2 goals in 75 games, and makes 4.9 for 4 years. I'm not sure I'd be too interested at 50% retained (never mind the fact that Columbus wouldn't do that).
Columbus will cut salary if it looks like he's going to stay in Tortorella's doghouse. They don't want 4.9 million sitting in their press box.

He scored more than 2 goals in 75 games prior to that. It is absurd that you wouldn't take that gamble at 2.45 million. That is low money for high reward.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Columbus will cut salary if it looks like he's going to stay in Tortorella's doghouse. They don't want 4.9 million sitting in their press box.

He scored more than 2 goals in 75 games prior to that. It is absurd that you wouldn't take that gamble at 2.45 million. That is low money for high reward.
We would have to pay a premium for Columbus to cut that much salary. It just isn’t worth it.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
I'd take Wennberg at his current contract if it meant we moved Henrique before his NTC kicked in, only issue would be whether we have enough goalscoring wingers to play with two massively pass first centers.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
What do you guys think about a trade with Col such as

Fowler
Henrique
2019 2nd

for

4OA

that could really round out a Colorado who is looking to win now I presume and give the Ducks a top pick with huge upside.

Reactions: Dryish

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro

Fowler
Henrique
2019 2nd

for

4OA

that could really round out a Colorado who is looking to win now I presume and give the Ducks a top pick with huge upside.
I was about to lose my shit and then I saw your username. Nice one.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I was about to lose my **** and then I saw your username. Nice one.
Haha was it that bad of a trade proposal? I'm certainly no expert here which is why I kept it on the ducks board. My thought process was maybe we can get a guy like Byram with way more upside than Fowler and on an elc in exchange for a couple of our older guys that are good now but are expensive. By the time we are contenders again I'd rather have Byram on an ELC for several more years than an aging and expensive Fowler and Rico.

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
I think that's highly overvaluing a prospect, as per the HFBoards usual. Sure acquiring Byram would be a good get, but when both Fowler and Henrique could, with a decent performance and a competitive deadline year, warrant first round picks in trades at the deadline I'm in no way sure at all we'd come out on top with a deal like that.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

Fowler
Henrique
2019 2nd

for

4OA

I’m not sure we would be able to move $12M of cap hits without taking a contract back.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009

Fowler
Henrique
2019 2nd

for

4OA

giving up way too much for a single draft pick that's not 1st overall.

We need actual roster players to fill out the roster as well, and both those guys could return decent roster players + a pick

Reactions: Exit Dose
Oct 18, 2011

Fowler
Henrique
2019 2nd

for

4OA

Salary cap. Avs fans will roast you big time for this

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
I thought they had a ton of room
Capfriendly says they currently have $10m in space but there may be issues going forward.

About 90% of that cap room is most likely budgeted for Rantanen. Maybe more, if he continues to play well in the playoffs...

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I am looking at ES old article on athletic... He has this as his projected lineup for next season

Rickard Rakell-Sam Steel-Jakob Silfverberg
Max Comtois-Ryan Getzlaf-Troy Terry
Devin Shore-Adam Henrique-Ondrej Kase
Max Jones-Carter Rowney-Corey Perry
(Nick Ritchie-Ryan Kesler-Daniel Sprong)

Hampus Lindholm-Josh Manson
Brendan Guhle-Cam Fowler
Josh Mahura/Jaycob Megna/UFA or trade acquisition-Jacob Larsson

He has Ritchie and Sprong scratched wtf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad