Speculation: 2018-19 Roster Thread III

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I am looking at ES old article on athletic... He has this as his projected lineup for next season

Rickard Rakell-Sam Steel-Jakob Silfverberg
Max Comtois-Ryan Getzlaf-Troy Terry
Devin Shore-Adam Henrique-Ondrej Kase
Max Jones-Carter Rowney-Corey Perry
(Nick Ritchie-Ryan Kesler-Daniel Sprong)

Hampus Lindholm-Josh Manson
Brendan Guhle-Cam Fowler
Josh Mahura/Jaycob Megna/UFA or trade acquisition-Jacob Larsson

He has Ritchie and Sprong scratched wtf
He thinks they could be moved.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
He thinks they could be moved.
He also alluded to the possibility that Perry doesn't come back in his last quearion session when askwd about the captain positions. Something like "Perry will have an A out of respect, if he returns."

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I am looking at ES old article on athletic... He has this as his projected lineup for next season

Brendan Guhle-Cam Fowler

I wouldn’t read anything into a Stephens projected lineup. I mean the chances of that second line are virtually zero - Getzlaf and Terry both need the puck and Comtois barring an amazing camp is likely SD bound.

And that D is brutal. There will be changes there.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Brendan Guhle-Cam Fowler

Idk i had

Ritchie getzlaf kase
Rakell steel silf
Jones henrique terry
Shore rowney perry/sprong

Defense is harder
Lindholm Manson
Fowler walinski
Guhle hakanpaa

Larsson/mahura, i think we need to move for a top 4 rhd, even if you move fowler to right side wed still need a top 4 dmen

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
, i think we need to move for a top 4 rhd, even if you move fowler to right side wed still need a top 4 dmen

I agree. Ducks have enough options up front. Next season will decide who is long-term. Defense is definitely lacking. Stephens logic for trading Sprong/Ritchie makes some sense.

Not Being Moved In The Summer: Getzlaf, Henrique, Steel, Rowney, Rakell, Silf, Kase, Terry, Jones

Call-ups: Comtois, Sherwood, Lundestrom Roy

Possibly Moved (in any capacity): Shore, Ritchie, Perry, Sprong

Perry and Shore won't return much (and Perry would most likely leave through buyout while I think Ducks keep Shore until Trade Deadline), but Ritchie/Sprong + 1st/2nd could probably get a solid top 4 defenseman.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
After watching these playoffs I want big physical and fast forwards on every line. Definitely dont want to get rid of Ritchie. Build a team for the playoffs that plays with high intensity.

I also think we need more skill on the back end. Guys like Klinberg are such a game changer.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
After watching these playoffs I want big physical and fast forwards on every line. Definitely dont want to get rid of Ritchie. Build a team for the playoffs that plays with high intensity.

I also think we need more skill on the back end. Guys like Klinberg are such a game changer.

Yeah I'm not fond of the idea of trading Ritchie and hope they'd only do so to bring back immediate help in another area. I just get a strong sense he's on the way out, had the same feeling before Palmieri was dealt.

Reactions: Exit Dose

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Yeah I'm not fond of the idea of trading Ritchie and hope they'd only do so to bring back immediate help in another area. I just get a strong sense he's on the way out, had the same feeling before Palmieri was dealt.
Palmieri got the boot for disappearing in the playoffs so I think the situation is different but we need to move a wing for sure.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
I was playing around on Cap friendly and came up with this. Thoughts?
I would want more coming from Toronto. Zaitzev is a cap dump at this point and personally wouldn’t touch that contract with a 10 foot pole. It was bad the day they signed it and it’s still bad. And I don’t think Seattle would take him so we’d be stuck with that contract.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I would want more coming from Toronto. Zaitzev is a cap dump at this point and personally wouldn’t touch that contract with a 10 foot pole. It was bad the day they signed it and it’s still bad. And I don’t think Seattle would take him so we’d be stuck with that contract.
Yeah, this x 2. No way we want 5 years of Zaitsev. We're not Sens level bad to the point of getting paid to take out other people's trash.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
He didn't get any thing for Zaitsev? just Shore for Zaitsev straight across?

If we were to work some sort of move like that Id imagine it would be something like

Shore/Sprong/ritchie + 3rd
for
Kapanen/AJ + Zaitsev

We take a cap dump in Zaitsev, and add a player that can fit into our top 9 nicely... Zaitsev is overpaid but maybe he can find a home next to Lindholm or fowler and at least be usable, or find his stride.

For Toronto, they get rid of Zaitsev, they likely cant keep nylander/kapanen/aj/marner so getting rid of aj/kapanen for a cost efficient forward helps a bit(specially with zaitsevs cap coming off), I would have given them a 2nd but I feel like our 2nd is prob to high with Zaitsev coming back so I went with a 3rd but if we get another 2nd I could potentially see that going back instead of the 3rd.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Don’t like that trade. Just trade Shore for mid round pick and sign a defenseman like Stralman.
Hes going to get overpaid on open market... pretty bad I imagine. Prob at least 5 years too.... id rather take my chances on Zaitsev finding chemistry with 1 of fowler/Lindholm/guhle/Larsson. and trying to get 1 of kap/Aj as part of the Zaitsev trade.

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
Some forwards are gonna have to go. IMO atleast 2-3 of Terry, Steel, Jones and Comtois will be ready by training camp. Would be nice if BM could open up some space with a quantity for quality move.

I'm really excited to see what another offseason does for Steel's progression. He's already boosted his acceleration and a bit more of that including some grown man strength is really gonna make him a legit 2c IMO. His vision, passing, agility are already Elite.

Last edited:

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Not the same situation just a similar feeling I guess.
I think that you're right. I also think that it's a bad idea to trade him, but there seem to be a lot of those, these days. I'm getting tired of seeing the mid-season fire-truck-trades. Hopefully, the Eakins era sees the front office improving in that respect.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
He didn't get any thing for Zaitsev? just Shore for Zaitsev straight across?

If we were to work some sort of move like that Id imagine it would be something like

Shore/Sprong/ritchie + 3rd
for
Kapanen/AJ + Zaitsev

We take a cap dump in Zaitsev, and add a player that can fit into our top 9 nicely... Zaitsev is overpaid but maybe he can find a home next to Lindholm or fowler and at least be usable, or find his stride.

For Toronto, they get rid of Zaitsev, they likely cant keep nylander/kapanen/aj/marner so getting rid of aj/kapanen for a cost efficient forward helps a bit(specially with zaitsevs cap coming off), I would have given them a 2nd but I feel like our 2nd is prob to high with Zaitsev coming back so I went with a 3rd but if we get another 2nd I could potentially see that going back instead of the 3rd.
Great trade the team isn't soft enough let's shoot for softest team in the league

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad