Speculation: 2018-19 Roster Thread III

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
gOqNR0e.jpg

c9JgENz.jpg

hahaha

I believe these photos were taken after the morning skate on home games under Randy this year.

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
This. Rowney was a perfect 4C. He's not a stellar player, but he does a little bit of everything on a competitive enough level, which is exactly what you want from your bottom 6 centers.

That contract of his scared me at the start but has quickly turned into one that makes me think Murray and his guys actually do know their stuff quite well with these lesser signings.

Pennaduck

Aug 17, 2016
Pennsylvania
A lot to unpack in that video but two things stand out:

Who is he calling out in the "hurting vs injured" point he is making?

Eakins isn't necessarily a done deal and apparently he will ask to speak to some coaches whose teams are in the playoffs. Who could those potential candidates be? I'm guessing current assistant coaches?

Reactions: Getzmonster

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
Eakins isn't necessarily a done deal and apparently he will ask to speak to some coaches whose teams are in the playoffs. Who could those potential candidates be? I'm guessing current assistant coaches?

That just screams Sheldon Keefe, although Toronto won't let him go.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
A lot to unpack in that video but two things stand out:

Who is he calling out in the "hurting vs injured" point he is making?

I found the hurting vs injured interesting also, my dad used to think that Gibson would be 100% in this category, I think a simple way of figuring that out is. Who are the players to seem to pop out of nowhere and become day to day very often...

darkwingduck

Nov 7, 2014
Mission Viejo, CA
The hurting vs injured has to be Kesler/Eaves. He was referring to the bunch that was older have the mindset that if they're hurting they should still play. I don't think it's any secret BM wants them to LTIR retire as them playing is hurting the team more than not.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Any word on WC invites, yet?

Not really. According to Stephens, Cam was contacted but passed and Hampus will likely pass as well with his hip issue (Lindholm added he's not sure about Silf and Rakell for Team Sweden).

Too bad Terry has the broken leg, I thought he might be a wild card for the U.S. team depending on how deep the Gulls went in the playoffs. That would have been a lot of hockey though.

Reactions: Exit Dose

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
One player that I'd love for the Ducks to target in trade this summer is Alexander Wennberg. I think we could even get them to shave off salary to make that happen. I genuinely believe that he's suffering from Torts. I see a Karlsson situation there.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Off the top of my head, Fowler, Hampus and Sif(?) have said they won't go. Maybe Gibson too? I know every Duck who I read or heard being asked (if they would go) has said no so far.

Just a hunch, but I don't think we'll have anyone going. Silf and Rakell are 50/50 at best and the only other guys who I think will be considered are Getzlaf, Gibson and Manson, whom are all either currently injured or have been dealing with nagging injuries all year and will elect to rest and recover.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Just a hunch, but I don't think we'll have anyone going. Silf and Rakell are 50/50 at best and the only other guys who I think will be considered are Getzlaf, Gibson and Manson, whom are all either currently injured or have been dealing with nagging injuries all year and will elect to rest and recover.
Works for me. All of them have played a lot of games the last 5-6 years. Having a full summer off should be good for their physical as well as mental health. Quaff a few beers and hang at the beach between workouts.

Reactions: TheGoodShepard1

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
One player that I'd love for the Ducks to target in trade this summer is Alexander Wennberg. I think we could even get them to shave off salary to make that happen. I genuinely believe that he's suffering from Torts. I see a Karlsson situation there.
I wouldn’t be surprised if he turned it around, but he makes way too much for us to take that gamble

GermanRocket7

Fire Newell Brown yesteryear!
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Just throwing around a name here, even though I absolutely detest this man for making Dopistan Gold-medal winners last year:

How about we approach Kirill Kaprizov this summer? I know Russians have -aside from Vish- never worked out in Anaheim, but he'd probably bring a lot to the table if he decided to actually go to North America this year. Was drafted by Minnesota four years ago but failed to ever sign a contract with them, so it's doubtful he'll ever come over here. But his skill set is shockingly good and I'm on the fence of saying he's among those top-5 players outside of the NHL right now, scoring at close to 1.00 PPG in the KHL right now at age 21.

Kirill Kaprizov at eliteprospects.com

If he became available for North America, would you pursuit him?

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
He's not a free agent. You'd have to trade for him and it wouldn't do any good because he's under contract to stay in the KHL for 2(?) more years. That's why he isn't joining the Wild yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad