Speculation: 2018-19 Roster Thread III

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
Who wants him in the top pairing? I think outside of potentially being paired with Lindholm most want him on a second pairing getting softer matchups like you mentioned.
I don't want him with Lindholm, either. That pairing would have to do all the heavy lifting and Fowler seems to do a lot better with those softer matchups. He can also lead the second pairing, Manson not so much.

Reactions: Paul4587

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012

Some stuff in here about Kesler, but more interesting to me is what Bob had to say about Gibson and his overuse. Talked about how he lost a ton of weight and he still hasn't put it back on. I think most of us could see the effect it had on him when he was playing basically every game in the middle of the season. But Bob let Randy keep running him out there night after night.

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
It's pretty mind boggling the things Bob has said publicly since becoming coach. Things that make Randy look very bad and by extension don't say much for Bob's ability to know what is going on with his own team.
Let's not forget that Bob was completely willing to let RC ride out the season had the team not "forced his hand".

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
It's pretty mind boggling the things Bob has said publicly since becoming coach. Things that make Randy look very bad and by extension don't say much for Bob's ability to know what is going on with his own team.

It really makes BM look completely out of touch with the team. The stuff he is saying about the RC era this season to me shows he had no idea what was going on. Almost like he was not even paying attention to the team.

Him making himself head coach looks like it has given him better insight on the team and what was really happening. I find it concerning he was so out of touch and it took him being behind the bench to open his eyes.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Do people really want to fire Bob considering how clueless the new GMs (Fenton, Waddell, Botterill, Dubas) are? We aren't getting anyone better.

Reactions: Masch78

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Do people really want to fire Bob considering how clueless the new GMs (Fenton, Waddell, Botterill, Dubas) are? We aren't getting anyone better.

By that logic may as well trade our pick because other teams draft busts all the time where we'll be picking.

I think BM has had more than enough chances. He flat out hasn't been good enough IMO. Other teams making mistakes has no effect on the Ducks.

That said what I think clearly doesn't matter because BM seems to be safe until he's ready to walk away.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
With how much young guys are coming up that would benefit of playing, I would not be dissapointed to see Bruce back on our bench.
Doubt it will happen, but it crossed my mind.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
With how much young guys are coming up that would benefit of playing, I would not be dissapointed to see Bruce back on our bench.
Doubt it will happen, but it crossed my mind.
Or we can stop hiring our former coaches that we've fired in the past. Bringing back BB would an utterly ridiculous move, time for Anaheim to move in a new direction.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Lol if he hired BB again... hahahaha

I am fairly certain Eakins will be behind our bench next season.

Reactions: Masch78

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
BB made us the laughing stock of the nhl
Ya he had good regular seasons but there was a reason as well as our core guys for us being no shows in games 6-7

Years down the line what will his tenure in ANA be remembered as

Games 6-7

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
Thanks for the response!

Id be happy too, but how much of it was just Sens fans projecting friendship onto their swedish prospects? Realistically we dont make sense because we're not a contender and our budget/tax situation(im not from california so im not certain what its like) doesnt seem capable of making a contract with him work.

I think he ends up in Tampa,Vegas or stays in San Jose tbh

i think if we'd have karlsson we'd be a contender

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Is karlsson even karlsson anymore? With this injury who knows what he will be

He started to look absolutely dominant the past 25 games for SJ before getting hurt again. But the injuries are worrying and who knows how long it takes him to bounce back again.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I'll take EK65 with one good leg over Fowler

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
Comtois/Jones - Getzlaf - Perry/Sprong
Rakell - Steel - Silfverberg
Kase - Henrique - Terry
Shore - Rowney - Sherwood

Fowler - Trade
Lindholm - Manson
Guhle - Larsson

Trade Ritchie + St. Louis 1st + ? for defenseman (maybe Hamilton or Pesce from Carolina. Kase tries the left side. So many different combinations. Going to be very interesting this off-season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad