Speculation: 2018-19 Roster Thread III

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
Could be wrong, but haven't both Lindholm and Fowler pretty much sucked when played on their offside?

As to Fox, I could have sworn that it was "wants to be a free agent" not "doesn't like Carolina"
Fowler has looked pretty decent playing RD from the day we got guhle on

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Fowler has looked pretty decent playing RD from the day we got guhle on

It’s also worth noting that Fowlers been playing incredibly sheltered minutes since playing the right side though - starting most of his shifts in the offensive zone, PKing very little and matching against lower lines.

I don’t think a Lindholm Fowler pairing would work - two left shots and that pairing would be expected to do far too much - Manson has never shown he can carry a pairing and asking him to babysit Guhle could lead to disastrous results.

Seeing these projected lineups shows that we really need a top 4 Dman going into next season. We used to have the deepest 6 d in the league now the depth is completely decimated.

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
I'd try Lindholm with Fowler and Guhle with Manson,

I think Guhle next to Manson would be awesome, and maybe Lindholm and Fowler could take the next step playing together.

I think Lindholm Fowler would be a great pairing although Instead of Guhle with manson on the second I would like to see Larsson with Manson. Then have Guhle on the third alongside Dotchin or a solid third pairing D man from outside the organization.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
IF, and it’s a big if, Lindholm-Manson can thrive in the shutdown role, I don’t mind Cam with Guhle and getting favorable matchups. Cam has always done pretty well in that “babysitter” type role against weaker opposition and that would be one smooth skating pairing to help the transition game.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Guhle couldn't win a roster spot in Buffalo but a lot of people here see him as waltzing into the top 4 next year. I'm not sure how that evolution came to be.

What have you done for me lately and shiny new toy syndrome.

He's played 5 games for us, 2 of which were disasters but are getting ignored because he was decent in the other 3. I don't know why he's being pencilled in to a top 4 role either.

Reactions: McDonald19

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Would be fun if the ducks took a shot at landing EK. Go LTIR with Kesler and trade Henrique. Then roll with.

Ritchie Getz Kase
Rakell Steel Silf
Comtois/Jones Shore Terry

And aim to bring up Lundestrom in the new year if he looks ready. I could see that team going far. Best d and goaltending in the league. 3 quality lines.

My head is going into offseason mode where I dream up scenarios of snagging big free agents. Last year it was Tavares.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
What have you done for me lately and shiny new toy syndrome.

He's played 5 games for us, 2 of which were disasters but are getting ignored because he was decent in the other 3. I don't know why he's being pencilled in to a top 4 role either.
When Murray makes moves everyone hates he always does his best to make himself look good, I am sure Guhle will get every opportunity just like Bieksa did.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Would be fun if the ducks took a shot at landing EK. Go LTIR with Kesler and trade Henrique. Then roll with.

Ritchie Getz Kase
Rakell Steel Silf
Comtois/Jones Shore Terry

And aim to bring up Lundestrom in the new year if he looks ready. I could see that team going far. Best d and goaltending in the league. 3 quality lines.

My head is going into offseason mode where I dream up scenarios of snagging big free agents. Last year it was Tavares.
Its interesting Karlsson never signed with the Sharks during the season like the Sharks fans said he would, he could sign a 1 year deal with Tampa & get his cup finally all while setting career highs in points, assists, & goals with Tampa which lands him a massive contract in FA.
SJ just isn't built for the longterm like Tampa is.

The only thing that Ducks could offer Erik Karlsson is playing with fellow Swedes, getting out of the overpriced SJ/SF bay area housing market all while staying in California, insane house prices in the bay area & the cost of living there is higher than LA/OC. A Lindholm/Karlsson pairing would be awesome to watch.

Reactions: pbgoalie

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Kase and Ritchie are good defensive forwards and Steel will be too.

The problem will be exactly what it’s been the last two years: can this team score enough goals to compete?
Doubtful that we have enough goals, outside of Rakell (assuming he bounces back) we just lack top level goalscorers, and even beyond that we only have two 'reliable' goalscorers in Silf and Henrique (and they are really just 20 goal guys). That's why it's crucial Anaheim don't give up on Sprong, we have some good playmakers in the organisation (Getz, Terry, Steel for starters) but we don't really have many shoot first guys, have to give Sprong a full season to see what he can do - I think he could easily be a 30 goal guy at the NHL level.

I'd love to put Kase in the reliable category as when he plays he's great, but if you get 50-60 games out of him a season you're happy with that - the guy just can't stay healthy.

ShadowDuck

Captain Anaheim
May 19, 2011
Boston, MA
I don’t have Guhle in a top 4 role, but he’s penciled in the top 6.

I’d also bring back MDZ to take over the Holzer role if he doesn’t find a contract elsewhere.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
Its interesting Karlsson never signed with the Sharks during the season like the Sharks fans said he would, he could sign a 1 year deal with Tampa & get his cup finally all while setting career highs in points, assists, & goals with Tampa which lands him a massive contract in FA.

The only thing that Ducks could offer Erik Karlsson is playing with fellow Swedes, getting out of the overpriced SJ/SF bay area housing market all while staying in California, insane house prices in the bay area & the cost of living there is higher than LA/OC. A Lindholm/Karlsson pairing would be awesome to watch.
I think the biggest reason we can’t land big name free agents is California’s tax rate why would anyone want to sign here and lose a third of their money to BS taxes

We don’t have any one who has a big name brother this time around

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
The biggest reason we haven't landed big name free agents is that we really haven't pursued them. As a budget team that's just the reality of who we are. I will say that CA and NY teams are going to have it even tougher going forward with the new federal tax code now in effect. That's a big hit to big money earners. But given that we just aren't big spenders, I don't see it having much impact on us anyway.

I think it's far from a given that EK65 will re-sign in SJ. I don't know where Vegas is with the cap, but they almost traded for him last year. If they can afford it I could see them pushing hard to sign him. Given a no tax state like Nevada and a competitive team like the Knights, that's some powerful lure there.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010

If cost of living is a consideration, California in its entirety will not be in his plans.....our government will just push the already absurd taxes through the roof

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I think the biggest reason we can’t land big name free agents is California’s tax rate why would anyone want to sign here and lose a third of their money to BS taxes

We don’t have any one who has a big name brother this time around
SuperStar Brett Ritchie disagrees & the next 'Jagr' David Kaše disagrees too.

But if he's gonna stay in California he might as well pick a socal team where his money will go a little bit further in terms of buying a home for a couple million less than SF Bay Area.

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
I don't understand why so many people want Fowler in the top pairing. He's much better off playing an offensive (and a bit sheltered) role.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Why do people act like we’re a budget team? We’re damn near the cap

Occasionally being near the cap (especially due to injuries which you have no control over but count against the cap) does not make you a big spender. How many times have we made a "cost be damned" move? How many times have we gone into a season spending near to the cap just because we're making a Cup run and not because we have injured guys who still get paid and count against he cap? How many times have we really pursued an expensive UFA?

We're a budget team.

Reactions: KelVarnsen

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013

I don't think Karlsson will come here but I do recall senators fans initially being upset with trading Silfverberg years ago due to his close friendship with Karlsson. Who knows if that was overblown but maybe with Silfverberg being resigned here long term our swedes may have more pull than we think.

aannnnd thats my daily stretches done for today.

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
I don't think Karlsson will come here but I do recall senators fans initially being upset with trading Silfverberg years ago due to his close friendship with Karlsson. Who knows if that was overblown but maybe with Silfverberg being resigned here long term our swedes may have more pull than we think.

This is my favorite hot take yet. I'd be so happy if you were right

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
This is my favorite hot take yet. I'd be so happy if you were right

Thanks for the response!

Id be happy too, but how much of it was just Sens fans projecting friendship onto their swedish prospects? Realistically we dont make sense because we're not a contender and our budget/tax situation(im not from california so im not certain what its like) doesnt seem capable of making a contract with him work.

I think he ends up in Tampa,Vegas or stays in San Jose tbh

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast

Boo Boo, you better check and see if you pulled anything with that stretch. That one's gotta hurt. :DD

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
I don't understand why so many people want Fowler in the top pairing. He's much better off playing an offensive (and a bit sheltered) role.

Who wants him in the top pairing? I think outside of potentially being paired with Lindholm most want him on a second pairing getting softer matchups like you mentioned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad