Speculation: 2018-19 Roster Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlstine

Jun 14, 2017
Record with Kase: 9-3-2
Record without Kase: 7-8-3

I'm too lazy to look up any advanced stats for this but I'm going to go ahead and assume that they're way better since he came back. He's so good.

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro

I'm too lazy to look up any advanced stats for this but I'm going to go ahead and assume that they're way better since he came back. He's so good.

It was noticeable immediately, we looked completely different the very instant he was back. I caught glimpses of his first game and the energy and speed he brings into the lineup is definitely something that turns us way more dangerous. Without him we're lethargic and a bit on the slow side.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
6D on the roster too. We gotta be trading for someone, not like the Gulls have a game coming up, they don't play till the 14th.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
We don't play until Wednesday so this might just be a paper move to save a few bucks.

I am definitely intrigued though and you could be onto something.

Yeah it’s probably to save money given we don’t play until Thursday. They sent down two guys on two way deals and called up a guy on a one way deal.

Reactions: gilfaizon
Oct 18, 2011

Small sample but his CF% relative to the rest of the team is +10.7 so when he's on the ice he's a difference maker but much of the team is performing poorly still. Really the Kesler line is getting killed. Silf is being held back by cogs and kes

The league average for save % is .908, we're at .925 and last i checked Gibson was leading the league in expected goals saved

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
New athletic post all the "nhl insiders" project the Seattle roster... And every single one has us giving up Montour

KeepItDeep

Jun 19, 2007
Sierra Nevadas
New athletic post all the "nhl insiders" project the Seattle roster... And every single one has us giving up Montour
It has the feeling of them carrying the water for the league. As in, look how good of a team Seattle will wind up with. Another Vegas!

I'd be really interested to see how much financial support the NHL throws The Athletic's way.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
It has the feeling of them carrying the water for the league. As in, look how good of a team Seattle will wind up with. Another Vegas!

I'd be really interested to see how much financial support the NHL throws The Athletic's way.

I think both teams Duhatschek and Burnside drafted didn't have good forwards so probably not. It's more that it's two years out and there's incredibly limited information, it's a very easy pick to make. EDIT-missed the next two but the same thing, they're not trying to gussy anything up.

If for some reason this was the roster that remained, it's also somewhat likely. Last draft there was a plausible way out that gave Murray some leverage, but this one we're gonna be left with multiple young guys exposed. Maybe theres still some room to make a deal but you've gotta lose someone. Might not mean much if some guys don't really pan out, but if guys do, there might be no deal that they should do.

The best hope IMO is that Henrique is a solid producer the next couple years and because of the lack of quality forwards(and especially centers) available you can tempt them into taking him.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
It's lazy. The last ED projections by just about everyone had us giving up one of Manson/Vatanen.

Stephens who wasn’t being lazy and gave a detailed analysis also had us giving up Montour.

But yeah a huge amount will change between now and 2021. Who knows how good Mahura and Larsson will be at that point.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Stephens who wasn’t being lazy and gave a detailed analysis also had us giving up Montour.

But yeah a huge amount will change between now and 2021. Who knows how good Mahura and Larsson will be at that point.
I assume when people do the projections it doesnt take into consideration teams makin a move to keep more than the 7 3 1 or 4 4 1. Not too worried

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
The Sharks have the same exact record as us lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad