Speculation: 2018-19 Roster Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
So according to Bob’s comments, the coaching staff has tried to implement a new system and for the most part none of it has worked. We aren’t a Cup contender because the record is based almost solely on good goaltending, and a team that gets outchanced every night isn’t a contender. Also, the PP sucks and is costing us games.

But definitely not a coaching problem!

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
So according to Bob’s comments, the coaching staff has tried to implement a new system and for the most part none of it has worked. We aren’t a Cup contender because the record is based almost solely on good goaltending, and a team that gets outchanced every night isn’t a contender. Also, the PP sucks and is costing us games.

Reminds me of the end of him in Toronto, the exact same defense happened of the coach.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai

He quite clearly thinks it's a coaching problem.

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
then why keep the same coaching staff?

I wonder if Bob is handcuffed by ownership because Randy is signed to the end of the season and the Samuelis don't want to have to pay another coach. I read here somewhere that ownership is sick of paying people who aren't playing (which might extend to paying a coach who isn't coaching).

Edit: this is literally all speculation.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I wonder if Bob is handcuffed by ownership because Randy is signed to the end of the season and the Samuelis don't want to have to pay another coach. I read here somewhere that ownership is sick of paying people who aren't playing (which might extend to paying a coach who isn't coaching).

Edit: this is literally all speculation.
I also think this might be the case

Reactions: pbgoalie
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
One theory I've had is that they view this as a bit of a lost season so there really isnt a point in firing the coach. I think it makes sense if they dont know who the next coach is but especially does if it is indeed Eakins. Let him spend most of the year with the many key future pieces in San Diego, maybe give him a look much later in the year but otherwise just have the current staff transition a few things and start fresh for next year.

Even if they're not sold on Eakins I'm fairly ok with that, there isnt really much available now whereas there could be by seasons end. As long as they get a jump on things, although I also wouldn't mind if they risked things a bit to see what happens with Cooper in Tampa. I'm not convinced he's all that safe.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
For the reason he said: he wants to give them more time.
Why though? RC hasn’t shown he can adapt his coaching strategy to a higher offensive game which is what Murray wants. we continue to have an awful pp system that’s not getting better. How much more time does Murray really want to give them? 40-60 games before he realizes what we all knew 10 games in?

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
How much of a improvement would it be if they fired Caryle & hired Quenneville ?

Probably a decent amount given Q has been a very good coach for a long time. Even before his championship years he was his generations BB at worst. Not that we'd be likely to get him, although, it would help explain Murrays patience and you can never say never(although it'd be extremely unlikely at best IMO).

The unknown is what many here kind of miss and its that you can't or shouldn't put everything on Carlyle. The idea that Carlyle cant coach a fast style has always been ridiculous(his Toronto teams were plenty fast) and many things hes criticized for doing aren't exactly new concepts he brought to the team. A bigger problem might be that this group has played a certain way for many years now and changing to something very different was always going to be a major struggle. It seems like they're going for a more gradual apparoach so maybe that works.

TL;DR there'd almost certainly be an improvement but there might be some structural issues that would put a cap on that.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Why though? RC hasn’t shown he can adapt his coaching strategy to a higher offensive game which is what Murray wants. we continue to have an awful pp system that’s not getting better. How much more time does Murray really want to give them? 40-60 games before he realizes what we all knew 10 games in?
I have no idea. Clearly he has a higher tolerance for what he's seen than the fans. I'm just saying, what he did was very publicly place the blame on the coaches and warn them to improve.

Beretta 390

Jul 22, 2010
Probably a decent amount given Q has been a very good coach for a long time. Even before his championship years he was his generations BB at worst. Not that we'd be likely to get him, although, it would help explain Murrays patience and you can never say never(although it'd be extremely unlikely at best IMO).

The unknown is what many here kind of miss and its that you can't or shouldn't put everything on Carlyle. The idea that Carlyle cant coach a fast style has always been ridiculous(his Toronto teams were plenty fast) and many things hes criticized for doing aren't exactly new concepts he brought to the team. A bigger problem might be that this group has played a certain way for many years now and changing to something very different was always going to be a major struggle. It seems like they're going for a more gradual apparoach so maybe that works.

TL;DR there'd almost certainly be an improvement but there might be some structural issues that would put a cap on that.
MDM, I'm calling bullshit on your entire post. Ducks are underperforming and that's all there is to it. RC has NOT changed his game plan, and it's totally coincidental we lead an incredibly weak Pacific Division. Fire him now.

Last edited:

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
*pokes head up tentatively*

I thought we were the better team by flow of play for 2 of the 4 games.

*ducks back quickly*
Maybe. But they were out skated so badly the other 2 games that it just doesn't matter. Like you have said, if you are solid half the time and then get dominated half the time, you suck on average

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Maybe. But they were out skated so badly the other 2 games that it just doesn't matter. Like you have said, if you are solid half the time and then get dominated half the time, you suck on average
I think the Ducks were absolutely dominated in two games, played evenly in one game, and were dominant but unlucky in Game 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad