Speculation: 2018-19 Roster Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Seems like we’re auditioning guys for the 4C spot. Kossila, Carrick, now De Leo. Must not be confident Rowney is gonna return any time soon.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
What do you think is Marcus petterson upside? 2nd pairing?

His offensive upside?

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
What do you think is Marcus petterson upside? 2nd pairing?

His offensive upside?

2nd pairing upside yeah, likely don't see him becoming more than a solid #4 who can play in all situations.

Offensive upside? He's no slouch but also doesn't likely ever spend considerable time on a 1st PP unit in the NHL, 30+ points doesn't seem out of the question but I dont see him getting to that half point per game territory.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I hope he can be a #4 but I havent really seen it. I dont think he is horrible just dont see huge upside in him. I see a steady 3rd pairing guy.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Yeah I'm not seeing any confirmation anywhere, just that he isn't listed with Anaheim.

quackquackquack

Oct 10, 2012
Mother of God, Randy! You think the best fit for Kase in his return is with Kes and Ritchie!?

Rakell-Getz-Eaves
Silf-Rico-Kase
Cogs-Kes-Aberg
Ritchie-Lundestrum-Sherwood

EVERY.f***ING.GAME. until Comtois is healthy.

Honest to God its not that hard to figure out these lines

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Mother of God, Randy! You think the best fit for Kase in his return is with Kes and Ritchie!?

Rakell-Getz-Eaves
Silf-Rico-Kase
Cogs-Kes-Aberg

EVERY.****ING.GAME. until Comtois is healthy.

Yeah seriously, I know Ritchie and Kase have prior chemistry but Kesler on that line makes no sense to me at all.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Maybe we should wait until the line fails for a few games before we bitch about it.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho

Rakell-Getz-Eaves
Silf-Rico-Kase
Cogs-Kes-Aberg

RC just throwing darts at this point. I don't know why he doesn't reunite the Ritchie/Henrique/Kase line. They were consistently excellent last year. Aberg doesn't fit on a checking line with Kesler and Cogs, he's a scorer. Lundestrom is no longer here.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

Rakell-Getz-Eaves
Silf-Rico-Kase
Cogs-Kes-Aberg

What’s so wrong with where he is slotted? He’s had chemistry with Ritchie in the past and Kesler while declining is still decent enough offensively to not kill any chances Kase creates.

Those lines you’ve posted don’t work because two of the guys are in the AHL.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
I hate to say it because he always works so hard, but Cogs has been useless this season. Any offensive abilities he had are gone. I still love the hustle and work ethic, but I wouldn't mind him on the 4th line for a bit.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Rakell Getzlaf Eaves
Silf Rico Kase
Ritchie Kesler Aberg
Cogs Anyone Sherwood

quackquackquack

Oct 10, 2012
What’s so wrong with where he is slotted? He’s had chemistry with Ritchie in the past and Kesler while declining is still decent enough offensively to not kill any chances Kase creates.

Those lines you’ve posted don’t work because two of the guys are in the AHL.

Kase has had chemistry with Henrique before. Ritchie just happened to be the 3rd guy on that line. Ritchie doesn't fit anywhere besides the 4th line right now unfortunately.

Also, Aberg on the 3rd line is intriguing because the 3rd line has given us next to nothing offensively and Kes and Cogs are responsible enough defensively to hold the line together from that point of view.

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
Kase has had chemistry with Henrique before. Ritchie just happened to be the 3rd guy on that line. Ritchie doesn't fit anywhere besides the 4th line right now unfortunately.

Also, Aberg on the 3rd line is intriguing because the 3rd line has given us next to nothing offensively and Kes and Cogs are responsible enough defensively to hold the line together from that point of view.

Aberg is a complementary player. Need to play him with Getzlaf or at least Rico to have any impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad