2018-19 Roster talk; Part two

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Not sure the Sharks would do it one for one, but they might consider it.
It would make sense for us, I think Laughton is best suited to wing and a true PK center would allow Ron to focus on 3C.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Didn't you argue that scrubs on the Flyer's roster are Hextall's fault, not the coaches? So OTHER teams' coaches get input on who to sign and put on the roster, but Hack doesn't. How convenient. And Chicago has proven they love signing terrible contracts the last 3 or 4 years, so using them as a gauge is laughable.

Lavi has a lot more pull than Hakstol.
I'm sure Ron talks to Hakstol, but does anyone believe he'd let Hakstol overrule a decision?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Unfortunately, we don't have any talented low cost players on the roster we could trade.
Which means either a fairly high draft picks (at least a 2nd and probably more) or a solid prospect.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Unfortunately, we don't have any talented low cost players on the roster we could trade.
Which means either a fairly high draft picks (at least a 2nd and probably more) or a solid prospect.

Depending on your definitions of talented and low-cost, Weal could fit these criteria, as could Raffl. And if Tierney can be a skilled PK 1C while putting up comparable numbers, I would make someone like Aube-Kubel available for him.

Reactions: kelmitchell

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Anybody seen Zamula play?
Is he the supposed to be the next Max Lamarche or could he be a Phil Myers like success story?

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
I remember seeing play once this year during a Red Deer vs. Hitmen game.

I wasn't focused on him, so I can't say too much. He was a little awkward, both in his skating and puckhandling, but he was solid overall. He made smart passes and was pretty consistent defensively. You can definitely see the potential if he can put on some weight and smooth out his fundamentals. We'll see if Hextall gives him a contract.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Depending on your definitions of talented and low-cost, Weal could fit these criteria, as could Raffl. And if Tierney can be a skilled PK 1C while putting up comparable numbers, I would make someone like Aube-Kubel available for him.

If they're trading him as a cost cutting move, Raffl is not an option for them. His salary is similar to Tierney.

Weal is not nearly as valuable as Tierney, he'd be a throw-in at best until he has a 30+ ES point season.

Tierney has been a 20-30 point ES scorer, which makes him a marginal 3rd line guy but a top 4th line guy.
Played 16 minutes a night at age 23. Had 2 SH goals and 2 SH assists, he adds value to the PK.
So he wouldn't come cheap. He's not a top 6 guy, but he's a solid depth piece.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I want to see what Hatcher was able to do with that p***y Sanheim over the summer. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad