2018-19 Roster Talk: Part One

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
normally id be pretty optimistic about the season, but that goalie tandem is the worst in the league. I keep thinking to myself " just bring up hart". That stolarz injury really hurt us. He would have been the perfect stop gap , and if he showed he was ready he had the potential to be anumber 1 goalie.

I don't think Lyon was ready when he was brought up last year, but after that playoff performance I'd like to see him get another shot.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
1 year should be plenty for all these guys except De Haan. Bump up the AAV if you have to to keep the term down. There's around $10m in cap space to play with.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
It's a lot of yuck on that list. Enstrom for 1 year would be ok since both AMac and Hagg can play the right side and it leaves that side open for Myers.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Aside from De Haan, I don't think there's a single player on this list I'd want to give more than 1 year to
That's the issue that Hexy has been making. Term is a problem with the FAs right now. When these guys realize that one year is the best that they're going to get, then things will settle down. Enstrom would be an ideal 7th; Sustr could fit that bill as well but right now they probably think that they can get more money and term than is presently being offered. These players need to get hip to the fact that they are FA because their clubs didn't want them on the players terms and after July 1, it doesn't look like its going to be a players market for them. They'll be fortunate to get a contract with a good organization.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
It's a lot of yuck on that list. Enstrom for 1 year would be ok since both AMac and Hagg can play the right side and it leaves that side open for Myers.

Would gladly take Toby at 1 year if Farmer was gone. He has good defensive numbers

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Would gladly take Toby at 1 year if Farmer was gone. He has good defensive numbers
Provy Ghost
Sanheim Gudas
Enstrom AMac
Hagg

Then if Myers makes the team, AMac gets waived and becomes that guy who can come up and down without getting claimed.

Of course, this is if I was GM or coach. We know "they" look at AMac differently.

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
What would you give up for Coburn?
I believe only one year left on his deal.

Provorov Ghost
Sanheim Coburn
Hagg/McD Gudas

Trade Gudas or Hagg when they feel Myers is ready.

Prov Ghost
Coburn Myers
Sanheim Gudas/McD

I think Morin will be ready by Feb (including recovery and a rehab stint in AHL).

That would give the Flyers another chip to move for the TDL (Gudas/Hagg).

Prov Ghost
Coburn Myers
Morin Sanheim
McD

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Coburn was always subjected to brain farts but I'd take him back for a year if it was cheap. He was a good skater and a decent defender. Not so great at moving the puck but if you put him on the 3rd pair I'd be ok with it.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Why bother?
I mean MacDonald/Hagg are fine on the third line.
As Hextall said about forwards, he's not paying for more of the same.

Reactions: flyersfan187

mdm815

Dec 22, 2005
pa
Despite the coaches love w Hagg, you have to imagine if a vet is brought in it pushes him to 7th over a player like Sanheim or Myers. Ie Enstrom would block Hagg for defensive minutes that need to be shared, not minutes a guy like Sanheim would be using. Then again it is Hak.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Gudas had his head up his butt and Sanheim was a soft, mistake prone rookie.
Unless you think they're going to repeat, they should play a lot more this year.
Two years ago, Gudas averaged 19:18.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Hagg was by far the worst of the three.

Not even debatable.

Not sure why you think you can list flaws of other players (and create most of them out of thin air) while not mentioning that Hagg has his own flaws, which are even worse. It makes no sense. Nobody is falling for this.

Reactions: AdamParrot

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Anything is debatable, say, is Striiker really a 12 year old hiding behind a computer or a so-called "adult?"

Sanheim's minutes will be determined by Sanheim, same with Myers, both are talented enough to force their way into the lineup.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
No, Sanheims minutes are determined by Hakstol. And unfortunately Hakstol doesn't determine them based on quality of play or effectiveness... it's exclusively favoritism and his obsession with grindy garbage.

He's proven that quality of play has nothing to do with where you play in the lineup. Hagg, Mac, Manning, Filppula, Lehtera, etc all prove that.

Sanheim CLEARLY outplayed multiple trash defensemen last year, yet played less than them. That's just a fact.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
I think with MacDonald getting the full time A he's not likely to be going anywhere for the rest of his contract (unfortunately).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad